Terrible texture streaming performance

I've sent DxDiag and one video as a PM. Here's another video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3vol7eqYiQ

Jungle Valley 1,591,037,727

release tags/3.14.0c
recorded 21-04-2021 19:30 GMT-0700

Windows 10 Pro (10.0 Build 19041)
Hyper-V disabled
32768MB Ram
i7-8086K @ 4.00GHz
RTX 3080 (3440x1440 120hz)
Samsung SSD 840 EVO 1TB (471 GB free)
Stand alone client / Vulkan enabled

Game cache directories cleared
Fresh reboot
+1.
running on a SSD with enough free space (this was mentioned by some GGG Staff could be the cause of the issue).
Reddit is FULL of it too. Would be surprised if everyone just has a full SSD...

It was fine after the revamp in ritual. Now you've gone back to beginning of ritual state it seems. Its literally unplayable when you see 0 Sirus abilities for example. Made me quit the league unfortunately...
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
Thanks for your reports.

If you can, could you please PM me your DxDiags or post videos of what's occurring.
Information on getting a DxDiag report can be found here.

Can you also mention what areas (using /bug) and mention the number here.

Thanks.

It got even worse today, I shoot burning arrow = freeze, I dash in maps = freeze
Bump
I feel like I am playing on an old console and not on PC with 64GB RAM.

Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
I had reinstalled poe completely fresh and removed the shader cache in both new location back to original programfiles/ggg/pathofexile. I was still running into huge stuttering and slow texture loading issues. I dug around and found a solution for my problem. now texture load within .5 seconds upon zoning in. tested with divine ire since you can see placeholder squares.

All I did was run windows update and let it install.

following the blog post I verified to see if this was fixed by:

KB5001330 gaming issues confirmed

In an update to the support document, Microsoft has finally confirmed that an issue in Windows 10 updates is affecting a small subset of users. According to the company, “lower than expected performance” has been observed when playing games in full screen, borderless windowed modes and two monitors setup.

How to verify if the fix has been installed
This patch is entirely cloud-based so it can’t be verified by comparing the OS version or build numbers. To verify the fix, simply open Registry Editor and navigate to the following location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FeatureManagement\Overrides\4\1837593227

Windows update reference link:

https://www.windowslatest.com/2021/04/24/microsoft-issues-emergency-windows-10-april-fix-for-performance-issues/

I ran a windows update yesterday and it seems to have fixed my texture streaming issues in addition to stuttering when I did ultimatums;

here's my system information -

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Education
Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-8GP50GL
System Manufacturer System manufacturer
System Model System Product Name
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU SKU
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, 3593 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1407, 2020-04-01
SMBIOS Version 3.2
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Product TUF GAMING X570-PLUS
BaseBoard Version Rev X.0x
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Off
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.19041.906"
User Name DESKTOP-8GP50GL\Jason
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 31.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 17.0 GB
Total Virtual Memory 36.7 GB
Available Virtual Memory 14.7 GB
Page File Space 4.75 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Good Luck and hopefully this works for some of you guys; back to grinding ultimatums for me now.
Bump, also the windows patch is applied on my machine and nothing changed much. I uninstalled 1330 when it was causing issues, then waiting for windows to fix it and patched it back up with the fix, and it's still texturing streaming like crazy. It's very slightly better but still takes several seconds to stream textures, especially during things like Ultimatum.
Bump its still broken aff
"
noemberday wrote:

How to verify if the fix has been installed
This patch is entirely cloud-based so it can’t be verified by comparing the OS version or build numbers. To verify the fix, simply open Registry Editor and navigate to the following location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FeatureManagement\Overrides\4\1837593227

Windows update reference link:

https://www.windowslatest.com/2021/04/24/microsoft-issues-emergency-windows-10-april-fix-for-performance-issues/

I was experiencing this issue prior to the 20H2 (19042) update, but it seems after updating to 20H2 and receiving this "fix", verified using the above steps, everything is loading much much faster. Exiting from a delve back to the base camp area still reloads all the textures, but it does so fast enough that it feels like a quick flicker than watching each texture individually loading over a dial-up modem.

I ran a map and delve while recording as a follow up, but didn't see any major issues. I will try again later in case the issue wasn't sufficiently exercised.
Last edited by Orcasauce on Apr 26, 2021, 12:27:35 PM
Bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info