Terrible texture streaming performance

I am talking 5-10 seconds of texture streaming, and it isn't consistent.

Sometimes all will be fine, sometimes I'll load into a map and it will take a good 5-10 seconds to stream. It's particularly annoying in in rituals, delirium and syndicate. I've completed syndicate fights where I don't even see them, just a big floating head that looks like labyrinth above them.

This is even worse than at the start of ritual league.
Last bumped on Jun 8, 2021, 5:29:14 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Bump, it's just getting worse the juicier the maps.
+1 this

i8700k ,3080, all SSDs, 36gb ram 3200mhz
I'm also experiencing a crazy amount of texture streaming. In ultimatums, I'll see mobs that were visible become invisible, and then their textures stream in again.
Thanks for your reports.

If you can, could you please PM me your DxDiags or post videos of what's occurring.
Information on getting a DxDiag report can be found here.

Can you also mention what areas (using /bug) and mention the number here.

Thanks.
Same issues here and there is many reports of this problem in other posts too.
I've noticed (as well as a friend of mine) that after a certain amount of time / zones (a few hours) every map needs to reload spell textures. For me, this league, it has been the curse icon textures on mobs (playing hexblast).
So I would map for 2-3h and then out of the blue I would get place holder textures for the curses on mobs at the start of each map. If I restart PoE then everything is good again for some time.

I will pm you the dxdiag if you want but also let me know if you want me to do some more profiling, would be nice to get to the bottom of this. I have 32gb RAM, i9-9900k and RTX 3090 so seems strange to me that PoE would run out of resources. (I've also tried using the -gc option towards the executable and it seem to deal the issue somewhat but that could be placebo)
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
Thanks for your reports.

If you can, could you please PM me your DxDiags or post videos of what's occurring.
Information on getting a DxDiag report can be found here.

Can you also mention what areas (using /bug) and mention the number here.

Thanks.

I've dmed you the dxdiag, you really want me to be using /bug in every zone? 'cause it's in every zone, not sure that would be useful.
Sending my dxdiag to support.

What I've noticed so far (using Vulkan):
Towns reload textures, it's generally the worst when I first start up the game for the day but textures would still need to be restreamed every time I change zones (my inventory for example). New zone = new textures, usually this means my skills (I'm using the new Atziri's Rule staff if that makes a difference), monsters, ground, and scenery. Often, the first minute or two of a zone/map means invisible monsters and skills. This is particularly bad with Ultimatum; I typically lose the first one of the day because all the textures have to stream in (this seems entirely independent of what's already been loaded into the map), leading to a single frame that lasts 5-6 seconds. This gradually improves throughout a play session, but some odd things include having my inventory re-streaming when I change zones still.

I switched to DX11 today; trying to switch disconnected me back to the login screen. After switching, things seem much more stable so perhaps this a Vulkan issue.
Bumping again, today's patch did nothing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info