Streamer priority confirmed. PoE is free to play, so play it for free, but Boycott GGG.

People make it bigger deal than it really, but it could be avoided if those payed streamers would say that they are doing sponsored content, then backlaskh would be smaller or none.

Whatever the case get over it and play the game.
"
Mordimers wrote:
People make it bigger deal than it really, but it could be avoided if those payed streamers would say that they are doing sponsored content, then backlaskh would be smaller or none.

Every streamer has to declare that they are doing sponsored content already.
They have to write it in their title and most say it at the start of the stream aswell, otherwise it's against Twitch ToS as far as I'm aware.
"
Mordimers wrote:

I think you missed the point. The OP was very clear that if you like PoE, go ahead and continue playing the game for free.

You dont have to support this company and give them money. Its totally fair to value them exactly how they value you, the average player.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Im in the camp of whatever GGG made a mistake they admitted it get over it or go play another game.

To my knowledge they never denied they allowed streamers to jump ahead and even told them on LIVE streams - my take is they did this hastily not considering this is a race for a significant portion of the player base - particularly those logging in at league start and therefore it would be seen as an advantage.

Bottom line play for free, buy packs, quit...your prerogative but dont act like you are not spending money to "support GGG". I doubt very seriously the vast majority that have spent money, myself included, spent it solely to support GGG - they wanted to "look cool", design a HO, have a neat looking portal, or some other personal reason...MAYBE simply to be one of the only the people to ever have the forum title "Ruler of Wraeclast" knowing not many were gonna fork over that kind of money on, an as of yet, unproven game.
I've lost control of the controls...
Jesus take the wheel"
RAizQT during Kammel HC race
"
Ain_Soph_Aur wrote:
Im in the camp of whatever GGG made a mistake they admitted it get over it or go play another game.

To my knowledge they never denied they allowed streamers to jump ahead and even told them on LIVE streams - my take is they did this hastily not considering this is a race for a significant portion of the player base - particularly those logging in at league start and therefore it would be seen as an advantage.

Bottom line play for free, buy packs, quit...your prerogative but dont act like you are not spending money to "support GGG". I doubt very seriously the vast majority that have spent money, myself included, spent it solely to support GGG - they wanted to "look cool", design a HO, have a neat looking portal, or some other personal reason...MAYBE simply to be one of the only the people to ever have the forum title "Ruler of Wraeclast" knowing not many were gonna fork over that kind of money on, an as of yet, unproven game.

You are talking about multiple sets of players which is fine, if you don't generalize too much.

For those that have been around for alpha over 10 years ago, or even the closed beta period in 2012-2013, your support and contributions really did matter. GGG was as small and indie as you could get. It really felt like you were a part of a crowd-funded, player driven, engaged development process.

That isnt even remotely the case anymore after the cash out and the reign of TencentGGG began. It's a totally different era. Now we're different piles of money, and how we view GGG as a dev has shifted.

Mostly its disappointing to see how far GGG has strayed from its original values and goals. But hey, money talks and bullshit walks.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Apr 28, 2021, 12:39:59 PM
"
Ain_Soph_Aur wrote:
...I doubt very seriously the vast majority that have spent money, myself included, spent it solely to support GGG - they wanted to "look cool", design a HO, have a neat looking portal, or some other personal reason...

Nope. I spent waaay more than what I needed to get the stash tabs once they were introduced. And yes, it was explicitly to support the team on their (back then) completely unsecure journey. I don't regret a cent of it, but I feel the "support" aspect is kinda gone these days, so I haven't bought a pack in quite a while...
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
SisterBlister wrote:
"
Ain_Soph_Aur wrote:
...I doubt very seriously the vast majority that have spent money, myself included, spent it solely to support GGG - they wanted to "look cool", design a HO, have a neat looking portal, or some other personal reason...

Nope. I spent waaay more than what I needed to get the stash tabs once they were introduced. And yes, it was explicitly to support the team on their (back then) completely unsecure journey. I don't regret a cent of it, but I feel the "support" aspect is kinda gone these days, so I haven't bought a pack in quite a while...

Same here.
The first 500$ pack I bought was to get much needed Stash tabs and MTX I wanted, but did I need to get the most expensive pack for that? Nope, it was to support the company.
The second 500$ pack, I didn't need anything anymore... so that was purely for their support. It took me like 2 years to spend the MTX points.
"
Sadaukar wrote:
"
SisterBlister wrote:
"
Ain_Soph_Aur wrote:

Same here.
The first 500$ pack I bought was to get much needed Stash tabs and MTX I wanted, but did I need to get the most expensive pack for that? Nope, it was to support the company.
The second 500$ pack, I didn't need anything anymore... so that was purely for their support. It took me like 2 years to spend the MTX points.

Fair points. I too have spent way more than I needed for stash tabs and such and yes SOME of what I spent was because I wanted to support them - especially early on. My point was most ppl spending money are not doing so purely to support GGG anymore
I've lost control of the controls...
Jesus take the wheel"
RAizQT during Kammel HC race
"
If you like the mtxes or support packs, that's fair enough. You are buying them for your own pleasure, and getting 'your money’s worth'. But if you're a supporter because you've always been a supporter or because you think GGG are morally upstanding or have your best interests at heart, I think you should definitely consider playing for free from now on.

I sort of buried this in one of my spoilered sections (the usage of which I see as an act of mercy) but I think it addresses the concern of the past page or so. While it is likely that moral-based support has dropped off since the earlier days, I am fairly sure it's not an insignificant factor when people consider supporting. Or, more succinctly, when they don't consider it at all and just do it.

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
When MTX are overpriced compared to the rest of the industry I'm not sure you can easily untangle where buying a pack for the mtx contents ends and voluntary support begins.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info