Spell Totem

I havent played the game for a while... what happened to the range of the totem... before my ice witch with ice spear + a support totem + cc + cd +fc was a nice option, now not really x_X liked the back-up shots from behind

Or Am I mistaken...?
What happened to the totem range was we made it work. Totems have always had a limited range, but initially it was bugged, giving them infinite range, which was unintended and completely unbalanced. There are passive skill which increase the totem range (and no that range is fixed, they actually do something :P).
Now that totems have a targetting range, will +area effect (passives or support gem) modify this totem range as well?

I'm asking this for both spell totem and ranged attack totem.
No. Totem range is not an area of effect.
Does that pull totems away from long ranged support (First build of the week, or was it second?) and more towards close in support, like FP?
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Hello, I hope someone can answer this for me. It's possible it has been answered before, but going through the 16 pages of discussion I didn't see it, though totally possible I missed it.

Anyways, I play as a witch summoner and obviously this is an awesome spell for me. However, I don't stack strength, like at all, and I really hate to stack it only for this one spell. So my question is, is there really any benefit to leveling this totem?

What do higher levels of this totem provide? Does the 40% damage reduction ever go down with level? It looks like the length the totem lasts for increases slightly with levels, however that is not really important for me, at least not enough to make me want to stack strength. If it reduced the damage penalty possibly, but a 20 second life is enough for me.

Thanks, I hope someone can help. I'm at the last level I can use the totem without wearing any additional strength gear, so I am hesitant to level it seeing as that strength gear will likely go away soon and I don't want to be without this spell when it happens.

*Edit for spelling, cause I never learned to spell :(
$bestGameEver = new Game(POA);
$everyThingElse = new Array( D2, D3, TL2, DS3, GD, TQ );

for($time=0; $time<infinity+1, $time++){
░░░░$bestGameEver.own($everyThingElse);
}

$everyThingElse.lose();
Last edited by robproctor83 on Oct 19, 2012, 8:44:34 PM
it'll have higher hp and defense. not sure what else
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
it'll have higher hp and defense. not sure what else

Thanks a lot, very helpful :)
$bestGameEver = new Game(POA);
$everyThingElse = new Array( D2, D3, TL2, DS3, GD, TQ );

for($time=0; $time<infinity+1, $time++){
░░░░$bestGameEver.own($everyThingElse);
}

$everyThingElse.lose();
total noob question:

when and how do can you acquire spell totem??

and another question: does it work with curses like projectile weakness?? play as a ranged ranger (level 40) and think this would be very helpfull....
It will cast the curse just fine.
However, it will never switch targets, so you better kill what the totem targets, as curses are not known for their high dps.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info