Spell Totem

Will it be possible to change the size and graphics or "face" of a totem someday? Or give totems faces? Different ones for different spells? This would be amazing. Didn't know where to put this but here seemed as good as any!
"
Telaos wrote:
Will it be possible to change the size and graphics or "face" of a totem someday? Or give totems faces? Different ones for different spells? This would be amazing. Didn't know where to put this but here seemed as good as any!

This might be a nice polishing touch, something like bull totem for STR spells

eagle for DEX

and an egyptian obelisk for INT

Respect your passive skills and they shall respect you in turn.
I'm sorry if this has been asked already, I conducted a brief search but am now running out of time to play a little bit...

Does damage caused by totems alter enemy resistances if you have elemental equilibrium? I am working on an Explosive Arrow build, and EE is a huge keystone when using Wrath with the initial attacks to reduce fire resistance before the explosion.. But since I'm grabbing up fire passives, I also thought it might be nice to grab the extra totem passive to support firestorm + culling strike.. But this won't be possible if each of FS's fireballs add fire res..
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
CanHasPants wrote:
I'm sorry if this has been asked already, I conducted a brief search but am now running out of time to play a little bit...

Does damage caused by totems alter enemy resistances if you have elemental equilibrium? I am working on an Explosive Arrow build, and EE is a huge keystone when using Wrath with the initial attacks to reduce fire resistance before the explosion.. But since I'm grabbing up fire passives, I also thought it might be nice to grab the extra totem passive to support firestorm + culling strike.. But this won't be possible if each of FS's fireballs add fire res..

Yes, totem elemental damage also triggers elemental equilibrium. In case of firestorm, each fireball refreshes +25% to fire and -25% to ice and lightning so it's not good as something that takes advantage od EE debuff but as something that causes it. For example, firestorm totem with added lightning is a great debuff as it constantly applies -50% to cold so you can pelt the mob with freezing pulses and almost every one will take advantage of EE and totem's reduced damage won't matter much as it is used for debuff only and you specialize in cold anyway.

Good explosive arrow tactics is having ice and lightning damage on attack which then debuffs targets to fire and when arrows explode they do crazy damage. It won't matter that each of your attacks increase resistance to light and cold since it's only a token damage, a few points on your weapon, gloves or jewelry, not worth getting an aura for it.
The purpose of the aura is more-so to assist team mates, particularly friends and their summoner builds.

I guess The FS Totem will require added lightning and added cold damage to work then.... Now worth a 5L imo. Thank you for the quick reply!

(okay, enough off topic chatter)

Edit: Just to make my post retroactively less tangential... I do really like the idea of changing totem skins based on the color skill gem it is supporting. Could also open the door for even more awesome skins for sale in the future.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Sep 15, 2012, 5:54:43 PM
"
CanHasPants wrote:
The purpose of the aura is more-so to assist team mates, particularly friends and their summoner builds.

I guess The FS Totem will require added lightning and added cold damage to work then.... Now worth a 5L imo. Thank you for the quick reply!

(okay, enough off topic chatter)

Well, if you add both lightning and cold to firestorm it will not trigger EE. If you hit an enemy with one element attack he gets +25% resist to that element and -25% to other two. If you hit him with two element attack he gets +25% resistance to those two elements but -50% to third. Lastly, if you hit an enemy with all three elements EE cancels out and does nothing, that's why it's a bit hard to use it in weapon builds as it's tricky to watch for elemental damage on gear, spells are much easier to control.
Last edited by raic000 on Sep 15, 2012, 6:00:47 PM
the major problem im having right now is with curses and totems. i have elem weakness on mine and most of the time it will only cast it on one mob and keep casting it on him over and over again while other mobs that come form other directions wont get cursed at all until i kill the first mob it curses. plus sometimes it wont even cast on them until mobs start to attk the totem. ive even tested this out with low lv mobs to see how it will cast on them and about 7 out 10 times it only casts on one mob over and over again. what a lazy totem i have lol

if anyone form GGG wants to test it with my chr. the name is Banezilla my lv 55 marauder, he's a icespear caster (very fun by the way ) with blood magic
Last edited by banezilla on Sep 17, 2012, 5:14:07 AM
"
banezilla wrote:
the major problem im having right now is with curses and totems. i have elem weakness on mine and most of the time it will only cast it on one mob and keep casting it on him over and over again while other mobs that come form other directions wont get cursed at all until i kill the first mob it curses. plus sometimes it wont even cast on them until mobs start to attk the totem. ive even tested this out with low lv mobs to see how it will cast on them and about 7 out 10 times it only casts on one mob over and over again. what a lazy totem i have lol

if anyone form GGG wants to test it with my chr. the name is Banezilla my lv 55 marauder, he's a icespear caster (very fun by the way ) with blood magic

Was about to post about this, indeed it happens as you describe. Pic related, me in the left beign ganged while my totem curses a couple of mobs until forever.

I tried it in a previous patch and was the same. I was in hopes the minion AI changes would have done something about it, to no avail.
Hey firefox, that is because totem range has been seriously nerfed and the AI controlling the totem has become really really stupid - Raise Zombie stupid.

I've pretty much stopped playing my fire witch with dual totems because of this nerf.
Spell Totem + Summon Skeletons = constantly summon skeletons.. again and again.. non stop..

May be it must summon only for max number ?
-----------------------------------------------------

Spell Totem + Curse = constantly casting curse spell even if monster under the curse (other monsters around are not curse because totem continuously casting for its target)

-----------------------------------------------------

Thanks..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info