⛵☁️[3.25] The Arachnophobia Allstars| Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 150M+

A8 completed (first time ever)... was a bit tough keeping enough stacks on him with storm burst, but overall not too bad. 2 deaths, one early because I didn't move quick enough to avoid the sucking (after phase 1) and the other just bad dodging.

Face tanked quite a few hits in there, so feeling pretty decent about it.
Last edited by Valsacar on Nov 27, 2021, 1:08:25 PM
would awakened/regular void manipulation work better instead of withered in our dagger? i swapped in, and according to POB my dps went up, but id feel better if someone with more knowledge actually took a look
"
monik390 wrote:
Well. It's been 10 days since my last build update:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705/page/304#p24413776

So: https://pastebin.com/Kjs25w23

Defenses: lvl100, 75/75 GB, 6.4k ES, 70k Armour (1.4k ES on block), 37k Evasion (81% evade, 1.1k ES when hit with Ghost Dance). All elemental ailments immunity, 100% stun avoidance while channeling.

5 Auras: Determination, Grace, Discipline, Purity of Elements, Defiance Banner.

15.5m sdps on 60 virulence.

I'm pretty much done with the build, there aren't many things to get. The last item I want is a triad grip with despair, but whatever.

And there is still room for a better belt:

Also, can get 2m more dps with feeding frenzy, but have a headache about how to fit it w/o losing frost shield or molten shell. Probably would go with a cast on stun - anomalous skeletons - feeding frenzy, and either frost shield or molten shell.
Or, will try to get rid of CoN for either hungry loop or unset ring.

And that's it. Now can do some content.

Edit: Well, got a new watcher's eye:

-15% spell suppression tho, will see if it's worth it.

Edit2: Passive tree optimized, got 100 more ES and stable mana. Everything is perfect now.

^WE tested on maps, will do simulacrum later. ES when hit is decent as for now.

Edit3: Yep, 2 deathless simulacrums telling me ES WE is freaking good.

Extreme nice updated and optimzed Congratulations! Very strong and insane damage!

And the new belt is masterpiece when you use purity of elements, yes. It stacks 800 es? Boooooh, absolute great!

How do you feel about spellsurpression and es on hit of watcher's eye without ball-lightning with stormburst?

And did you still not tried fullblock?

I catched a juicy one I guess .... the chaosresistance is sooooo bad....and it's only fitting for fullblock I fear, monik ;-)

I like it to call the best of best in slot. It's the - b.o.b.i.s. - ;-)

This is a cute beast too, 360 es more each sec, after vaaling 10 or 11 lvl 20's I got it late (worst was I needed 900 vaal orbs to chromatic the despair-corrupted 6-link-gloves correct, lol):

mmmhmm, this small mech is really like a decoytotem:

But I decided in my heart for tankyness:

The blindings raise my buffed evasion from 90% to 95% - that is ingame 50% less attacks taken.

Now I reached with the shield above also my overcapped blockings.

76% attackblock, 75% spellblock fullblock (with rare boots integrated increased duration). I am still trying out if will shaper's 300 more es or spellsurpression on another juicy cluster is more valuable. But I guess this unique block-buster-cluster is best in slot beacause I can regret also 2-3 spellblockpassives with it and it's feeling totally immortal with capped fullblock wrapped in 95% evasion and frostwalls in the cws set-up.

So I switched also in the triadgrips because I cannot die, yeeeahh.

600k ehp up to 1.2M physical ehp are counted...

For Sirus A8 I took iron reflexes instead ghost dance to facetank him easy...

Lvl 31 HoA reached too easy in full tankyness...

I choosed the faster casting-anomalous spellecho-combo and phaserun reaches added 132% movementspeed with quicksilver and onslaught (I personally don't need 180% movementspeed and more, but it would be possible to switch in). I took out stormbrands because tempestshield's chains proccs enough virulences automatic for maps, and took added poisonchance on a buffed HoA-effect-ring, to get full benefits of the es on hit watcher's eye-mod. With that cast speed it's a joy to facetank and get that much es on hit.

Last edited by Chromino on Nov 28, 2021, 7:17:59 AM
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:
would awakened/regular void manipulation work better instead of withered in our dagger? i swapped in, and according to POB my dps went up, but id feel better if someone with more knowledge actually took a look

Withering touch is needed mandatory for 15 withers buffing big HoA, multistrike is needed for attackspeed and the third is free to choose. In HoA lvl 31 feeding frenzy is most strong, lower level unbound ailments is best.
"
Chromino wrote:
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:

Withering touch is needed mandatory for 15 withers buffing big HoA, multistrike is needed for attack speed and the third is free to choose. In HoA lvl 31 feeding frenzy is most strong, lower level unbound ailments is best.

so the setup is there primarily to funnel DPS into HoAG, and we're not as concerned about buffing the spider DPS?

right now i have awakened UA (lvl5) - splash/multistrike (lvl 20)(swap for bosses) - withering touch (lvl 20)
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:
"
Chromino wrote:
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:

Withering touch is needed mandatory for 15 withers buffing big HoA, multistrike is needed for attack speed and the third is free to choose. In HoA lvl 31 feeding frenzy is most strong, lower level unbound ailments is best.

so the setup is there primarily to funnel DPS into HoAG, and we're not as concerned about buffing the spider DPS?

right now i have awakened UA (lvl5) - splash/multistrike (lvl 20)(swap for bosses) - withering touch (lvl 20)

yes, exactly and perfect...!
As someone who hasn't played a lot of classes... this guide doesn't really tell me how to play this build. I'm following the leveling pob but my damage is garbage and half the time I wonder what the skills do or what I'm suppose to press xD

A introduction to: this is what the build does (not X damage X defese) would be nice ;)

I have storm brand, chance to poison, faster casting, ball lightning now - do I stop using freezing pulse?
Do you spam cast storm brand? I'm confused xD
Is it normal to not have the dex to level the skills?
Last edited by hachel on Nov 27, 2021, 7:17:17 PM
"
monik390 wrote:

Don't worry, I'll fix that soon xD

+++ Hehehehe, and here the 100 shines like you told us not long ago! +++

Congratulations to monik390!

An awesome fulldamagebuild, the first arachnophil 100 reached with the new keystone ghost dance and 37k evasion, glancing blows, purity of elements ....

And that's impressive - simulacrum wave 30 farmer with top of top 15 M damage! Best maxed up!!

It seems that the build is in this damage oriented peak also with low es and gb so tanky to go relaxed for 100. Great done! Let the ghosts dance!

You optimized the build on the damagesite in many points - congratulations, and you varied very, very interesting the path of arachnophilia!

Thank you again!

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/monik390/NoPantsYesSpiders?i=5&search=class%3DGuardian%26skill%3DHerald-of-Agony
Last edited by Chromino on Nov 28, 2021, 8:33:08 AM
"
Soulstrike628

To compare properly Withering Touch and Void Manipulation in PoB, uncheck withered stacks from 15 to 0 when using Void Manipulation.

Withered increases chaos damage taken by 6% for each stack. So it's 90% more damage for both spiders and crawler with 15 stacks applied by spiders.

Withering Touch put in Arakaali's Fang and full chaos damage conversion is by far the best damaging gem for the entire build, not just for spiders.

And you can not get so reliable withering from anything else. Totems on 3-link still can die. Withering Step applies only 8 stacks. Skeletons... Ugh, need a Skeletal Atrophy on a big cluster too.

"
Chromino

Thanks =)

"
And the new belt is masterpiece when you use purity of elements, yes. It stacks 800 es? Boooooh, absolute great!

Oh, I never paid attention to how much ES it gives. Exactly 891, wow.
I thought, that it could be even better with increased ES recovery instead of reduced flask charges, but the latter is fine too.

Well, huge amount of ES from crystal belts is the reason why I prefer them over stygians overall.

"
How do you feel about spellsurpression and es on hit of watcher's eye without ball-lightning with stormburst?

About ES on WE - I'm using <cyclone OR storm burst + cast while channeling + ball lightning>
I didn't test it without ball lightning at all.

What I can say, on a sirus a8 the only thing I dodged - meteor, simply because I don't dare to take it =) Everything else was just facetanked.
All degens besides giant balls were overhealed by ES on hit.

I didn't record this fight, but all I did - mostly just stood in one place and casted my crap.

In simulacrum with cyclone against normal monsters it feels freaking good. And against Kosis with storm burst, it is amazing too. I could save a lot of time just facetanking his barrage instead of dodging it. The only thing I have to dodge against kosis now is his super slam.

About spell suppression - it is really good. I was running with 25% until I got a new WE, and it was worth using for sure.

2 examples:

1. Temple Atziri, which I did weeks ago with 5k ES. 2 flameblasts: first one-shotted me, second was suppressed and damaged for only half of my ES pool.
So I had 25% to reduce damage from a big hit by half.

2. Against small hits: 25% suppression means each 4th hit will be halved.
If we take a look at the bigger picture where we receive a big amount of hits:

We take 3 spell hits for 100% damage and one spell hit for 50%
So, it means that we take 87.5% (25 + 25 + 25 + 25/2) damage instead of 100%.

That's a very solid 12.5% reduced spell damage taken overall.

"
And did you still not tried fullblock?

For running full block I have to change too many things, so I decided not to do it. The current build was tailored for my needs and works perfectly fine.

Also, I'm already very tanky.

Did some bosses yesterday (2x maven 10, the hidden, sirus a8, maven boss fight) and 2 simulacrums. Besides 1 mandatory death on maven's last memory game, everything else was deathless and quite trivial.

As for maps, ugh... Whatever juice, whatever tier, whatever scourge stack, whatever mods besides no regen. I can steamroll it all at ease.

I will go full delve after finishing the feared and other peak encounters. Really wonder which depth will stop me =)

"
Fancy goods

Oh, that aegis and megalo. Congrats =) They are so damn good.

Yeah, hard work pays off. Watching your ehp numbers paired with solid dps makes me a bit jelly =)

In any case, in 3.16 this build is a lot better than in any previous leagues in all fields, be it damage or tankiness.
"
Ertiks wrote:
Hi chromino !

I don't need any advice, i just want to thank you for this awesome build and guide, with ton of informations and help !
Just reached 140k armor with grace and iron reflexes, i feel like i'm immortal.
It's the first time i really feel having a powerful build, so really, thank you !

Thank you very much too, Ertiks!

Yes, you geared and skilled up fine & nice!

Arachnophilia!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info