Path of Building for Mac! 3.25-ready

When i try to start pob on my Mac with these 2 terminal commands:
cd /Applications/PathOfBuilding.app/Contents/MacOS
./PathOfBuilding

all i am getting is this message and it doesn't even open.
-bash: ./PathOfBuilding: Bad CPU type in executable
i am not sure what to do to fix this
"
Ingenii wrote:
all i am getting is this message and it doesn't even open.
-bash: ./PathOfBuilding: Bad CPU type in executable
i am not sure what to do to fix this

The app seems to be built for ARM64 (Apple Silicon) Macs only.
Are you perchance on an Intel (x64) Mac? If so you probably have to build it yourself.
Ah whoops; let me try to figure out what options I need to set to compile it for x86-64 Macs.
Last edited by arciinus on Apr 4, 2023, 4:46:07 PM
yes i use a intel x64 mac
Updated! The new build is built especially for x86_64 Macs.
Updated! The new build is built especially for x86_64 Macs.
After I download the .zip, open it up, and copy it to my Applications, a pop-up appears “PathOfBuilding” is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it? after I click open, nothing happens, and won't let me re-open it anymore. I tried reinstalling it but to no avail.

is it because I have a MacBook Air?
"
After I download the .zip, open it up, and copy it to my Applications, a pop-up appears “PathOfBuilding” is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it? after I click open, nothing happens, and won't let me re-open it anymore. I tried reinstalling it but to no avail.

is it because I have a MacBook Air?

Your issue can be related to security:
1. Open your System Settings app.
2. In the search field, type "security".
3. Select "Security Settings" / "Privacy & Security".
4. Click the button "Open anyway" where "PathOfBuilding" is mentioned.

If you don't see this option, it means your app crash for something else.

thanks i will try it out now . So all i have to download now is the download link on the first page of this thread 2.26.3 right ?
I am so sorry. I don't want to bother you again since you already took some time to compiled a version for intel chips. now after the 2 commands i get this message.

dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libpcre2-16.0.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/PathOfBuilding.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore
Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:
/Applications/PathOfBuilding.app/Contents/MacOS/./../Frameworks/libpcre2-16.0.dylib: cannot load 'libpcre2-16.0.dylib' (load command 0x80000034 is unknown)
/Applications/PathOfBuilding.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libpcre2-16.0.dylib: cannot load 'libpcre2-16.0.dylib' (load command 0x80000034 is unknown)

Is this am error because i am missing something or is there an incompatibility ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info