Path of Building for Mac! 3.25-ready

Hi! Use it a lot, thank you so much!

But I trying to update for new version (2.26) with new skill tree and there is error. Any help on this?

"
% make
meson -Dbuildtype=release --prefix=/Users/myname/Downloads/pobfrontend/PathOfBuilding.app --bindir=Contents/MacOS build
The Meson build system
Version: 1.0.1
Source dir: /Users/myname/Downloads/pobfrontend
Build dir: /Users/myname/Downloads/pobfrontend/build
Build type: native build
Project name: POB Frontend
Project version: undefined
C++ compiler for the host machine: c++ (clang 14.0.0 "Apple clang version 14.0.0 (clang-1400.0.29.202)")
C++ linker for the host machine: c++ ld64 820.1
Host machine cpu family: aarch64
Host machine cpu: aarch64
Did not find pkg-config by name 'pkg-config'
Found Pkg-config: NO
qmake found: NO need ['>= 5', '< 6']
Run-time dependency qt5 (modules: Core, Gui, Widgets) found: NO (tried config-tool)

meson.build:3:0: ERROR: Dependency lookup for qt5 with method 'pkgconfig' failed: Pkg-config binary for machine 1 not found. Giving up.

A full log can be found at /Users/myname/Downloads/pobfrontend/build/meson-logs/meson-log.txt
WARNING: Running the setup command as `meson [options]` instead of `meson setup [options]` is ambiguous and deprecated.
make: *** [frontend] Error 1
"
Nostrism wrote:
Hi! Use it a lot, thank you so much!

But I trying to update for new version (2.26) with new skill tree and there is error. Any help on this?

"
% make
meson -Dbuildtype=release --prefix=/Users/myname/Downloads/pobfrontend/PathOfBuilding.app --bindir=Contents/MacOS build
The Meson build system
Version: 1.0.1
Source dir: /Users/myname/Downloads/pobfrontend
Build dir: /Users/myname/Downloads/pobfrontend/build
Build type: native build
Project name: POB Frontend
Project version: undefined
C++ compiler for the host machine: c++ (clang 14.0.0 "Apple clang version 14.0.0 (clang-1400.0.29.202)")
C++ linker for the host machine: c++ ld64 820.1
Host machine cpu family: aarch64
Host machine cpu: aarch64
Did not find pkg-config by name 'pkg-config'
Found Pkg-config: NO
qmake found: NO need ['>= 5', '< 6']
Run-time dependency qt5 (modules: Core, Gui, Widgets) found: NO (tried config-tool)

meson.build:3:0: ERROR: Dependency lookup for qt5 with method 'pkgconfig' failed: Pkg-config binary for machine 1 not found. Giving up.

A full log can be found at /Users/myname/Downloads/pobfrontend/build/meson-logs/meson-log.txt
WARNING: Running the setup command as `meson [options]` instead of `meson setup [options]` is ambiguous and deprecated.
make: *** [frontend] Error 1

Hi,
I was able to fix this issue in my local copy, but App will not start as I cannot sing in the app.
Not sure why this is required, as apps created with Xcode or Electron, usually don't require any certification if they are build locally.
Error I am getting is this one: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGKILL (Code Signature Invalid))

Well, hopefully somebody will press the button in git hub to get the app updated :).

Cheers.
Trying the build out here - you may need to:

* install pkgconf or pkg-config via brew (to provide pkg-config),
* export PATH="/opt/homebrew/opt/qt@5/bin:$PATH" to make sure that the Qt5 installation is found as it's intentionally separate these days.

These did the trick for me but I may have additional dependencies installed from previous PoB work.

Edit: it indeed doesn't _run_, assuming it's either the Apple Silicon macOS code signing shenanigans or something with the JIT.
Last edited by ZaoFishbones on Apr 4, 2023, 4:38:55 PM
While this is a great tool (I used it exclusively in the past) it is possible to run the Windows version of POB on a Mac (Intel or Silicon) using either the portingkit (https://www.portingkit.com/) - a free tool or
you can also Crossover (https://www.codeweavers.com/) - that has a free trial and a cost after that to use.

Crossover has both a Mac and Linux version (not sure if portingkit works on Linux). It might be an alternative for those who can't get the tool provided here to work, like me, despite best efforts.
Last edited by BowWizard on Apr 3, 2023, 3:30:44 PM
"
While this is a great tool (I used it exclusively in the past) it is possible to run the Windows version of POB on a Mac (Intel or Silicon) using either the portingkit (https://www.portingkit.com/) - a free tool

This works for me. While someone find fix for this version, I already can use with poringkit and plan my build. Thanks.

Nevertheless I would appreciate if someone fix this "native" app.
"
ZaoFishbones wrote:
Trying the build out here - you may need to:

* install pkgconf or pkg-config via brew (to provide pkg-config),
* export PATH="/opt/homebrew/opt/qt@5/bin:$PATH to make sure that the Qt5 installation is found as it's intentionally separate these days.

These did the trick for me but I may have additional dependencies installed from previous PoB work.

Edit: it indeed doesn't _run_, assuming it's either the Apple Silicon macOS code signing shenanigans or something with the JIT.

You forgot a closing " on that Qt5 export and it took my terminal illiterate self a moment to figure out. . . Might want to edit for other users.

Thanks for all of your help here, btw! Very grateful.

Edit: I see what you mean with the file not running. I tried running from terminal and got a zsh:killed. Am I likely better off running a windows executable through wineskin?
Last edited by professorLongArms on Apr 4, 2023, 12:59:59 AM
Pretty unfortunate that the old update instructions were replaced, because those totally still work.

There's no reason to compile the whole toolings+frontend (and download qt5.. you know, 650mb build dependency) at the moment cause the frontend doesn't seem to have changed.

Old update instructions are still visible here and still valid:
https://web.archive.org/web/20210415041754/https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009944/page/1
Last edited by funny_ha_ha on Apr 4, 2023, 10:38:55 AM
Updated!
Thank you very much!
YUS! Thank you!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info