Deckard Cain's ring in POE?????? :OOO

I don't like all this troll fashion by the way. It's pretty... lame... Some nerds figured if they sarcasm and cry a lot and call themselves trolls that's cool and a lot of underage boys went with the idea cause being a jerk now could be casted off as "We were just trolling..."

It's the worst shit I ever heard. If you are just lame to put up a worthy arguement or do something properly you just call yourself a troll and alls good. Stupid if you ask me.

Sorry if I offended anyone... it was intentional.

(And yeah... I know I'm a jerk sometimes.)
Last edited by saki04 on Apr 29, 2012, 2:37:45 PM
I concur, saki. The number of times I've met some doofusbrain's half-assed arguments with something a little less flimsy and been told 'lol I was just joking' or 'just trolling ya man' exceeds my memory. It's a fool's back-up, the 'I was just kidding' response when they realise they really haven't thought things through and just said something pretty stupid.

HateSolstice, I don't even find 'good' trolls entertaining. They have a place in the world, but so do toilets. And a really good toilet doesn't impress me much more than a hole in the ground.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
I meant I founded a Deckard Cain Ring in PoE :P

PoE has some Kind of Horadric Cube btw. Try selling a white ring+any skill gem. ^^
"
saki04 wrote:
D2 reference would be cool but Blizz would sue for less as well and I think these small details aren't worth that much to take the game down. Of course with different names and design but similar purpose I don't think that would be a problem.

Are you schittin me? Blizzard has been ripping off Warhammer for ages. And I do mean ripping off. Like, in their retrospective video in 2010 I believe, they didn't mention that WarCraft was supposed to be a Warhammer game initially. And StarCraft...? Fuckin Warhammer 40k*. Still in love with StarCraft, but seriously, Blizz have no damn right to sue over references. Also, I do believe you can't sue people for references, like "Charsi's Hammer" or something being in PoE.

Games were better when devs didn't listen to player feedback.
I don't think Blizzard sued Runic for including a transmutation system in Torchlight.Why would the sue GGG if they did?
It's less concerning at a legal level than the level of implication. While GGG acknowledge that D3 and other ARPGs are all fine and well and likely excellent games in their own right, to put actual homages in your own game to theirs is a different statement.

It has the redolence of fanboyism, of fawning. Not something I think GGG needs right now. Taking existing game mechanics and making them your own is very different to flat-out referencing other works in your own; it's like making an action movie not unlike, say, Aliens, only with different elements playing the various roles...as opposed to making the same movie and making a reference to Ripley. It opens a door best left closed, or even not invented in the first place.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
It's less concerning at a legal level than the level of implication. While GGG acknowledge that D3 and other ARPGs are all fine and well and likely excellent games in their own right, to put actual homages in your own game to theirs is a different statement.

It has the redolence of fanboyism, of fawning. Not something I think GGG needs right now. Taking existing game mechanics and making them your own is very different to flat-out referencing other works in your own; it's like making an action movie not unlike, say, Aliens, only with different elements playing the various roles...as opposed to making the same movie and making a reference to Ripley. It opens a door best left closed, or even not invented in the first place.
You just reminded me of AVP2 lols..
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info