Deckard Cain's ring in POE?????? :OOO

The devil's toybox 'legend' was born from pandora's box, which is also a box that contains the greatest evil in existence.

I very much doubt blizzard based it's design on that toybox thing, just because it's also a cube. There's plenty of cubes with similar design found in all kinds of media.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
It's slightly different however as the Devil's Toybox was made of 6 inward facing mirrors and whoever was trapped in it became mentally twisted. It's just a small twist from Clive's part to add all the portal to hell thing and free passing to the devils within once the gate was open.

Pandora's Box despite it's portrayal was a large jar originally containing all evil from the world.

Sure there are similarities but as Pandora's Box contained evil from our world and the Devil's Box from another in Clive's interpratation. Might be only the mirrors reflecting their victims inner evil part of their soul though and driving them to madness.

These stories are surely awesome :3 And XD it's good to argue over the forum. It's like only we are awake over here since these 2 threads keep popping on the top of the line so I'm off to get my lunch. Was nice talking to you.
Last edited by saki04 on Apr 29, 2012, 6:20:05 AM
Hehe, same.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.

Actually, Pandora's 'box' was originally a jar; come on, guys, Ancient Greek culture. Of course it was a bloody urn.

Keep in mind that the only thing left in Pandora's 'box' after she was done being a dumbass and letting everything out was 'hope' -- this really counters any idea that the Puzzle Box of the Hellraiser series was really modeled after the legend of Pandora. Sure, some vague 'container with all the evils in the known universe inside' myth might have inspired it, but even a slight delving will reveal that Hesiod and Barker have very little in common indeed.

As for the Horadric Cube and the Puzzle Box? Maybe. Maybe not. If so, purely visual. Evil didn't come out of the Horadric Cube -- good things did. Inevitably. Even if it was a portal to a very special sort of farm...

Regarding Pandora and Hope and the 'box', I like to think of it as a pregnancy allegory. Totally unfounded but damn it makes things a lot more interesting. :)

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
Erevos wrote:
yeah lets steal D2 more, pathetic

Adding a reference isn't "stealing D2" or stealing from D2. Using references are a way of showing love and respect for something that inspired you. Of course since your a troll, you don't care.
"
Epicurwin wrote:
"
Erevos wrote:

Adding a reference isn't "stealing D2" or stealing from D2. Using references are a way of showing love and respect for something that inspired you. Of course since your a troll, you don't care.

me a troll? lol. its obvious how PoE or to be precise the hardcore fans of it, want to think PoE as the new Diablo but really enough is enough, PoE is inspired but it isnt D2 and certainly not D3, so the so called references is just ridiculus.
This is just a joke thread isnt it?

I mean, Mephisto isnt going to be the boss of act 3....OR IS HE?
"
Erevos wrote:
"
Epicurwin wrote:
"
Erevos wrote:

me a troll? lol. its obvious how PoE or to be precise the hardcore fans of it, want to think PoE as the new Diablo but really enough is enough, PoE is inspired but it isnt D2 and certainly not D3, so the so called references is just ridiculus.

Wtf? Why? Why can't they reference their main source of inspiration?

"
Metronomy wrote:
This is just a joke thread isnt it?

I mean, Mephisto isnt going to be the boss of act 3....OR IS HE?

Nope. :P

"
Erevos wrote:
"
Epicurwin wrote:
"
Erevos wrote:

You can at least TRY to offer a better argument than "lol fanboys", troll. God how I wish there were decent troll on this site. At least good troll are entertaining. You're just embarrassing to watch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info