Deckard Cain's ring in POE?????? :OOO

Spoiler
BAZINGA !!
Real? Pretty cool homage. inb4 lawsuit.
Will there be an old guy with a funny voice? =P
and he gives you the Coradric Hube
I would really like some D2 references.
It auto identifies items !
D2 reference would be cool but Blizz would sue for less as well and I think these small details aren't worth that much to take the game down. Of course with different names and design but similar purpose I don't think that would be a problem.

The Horadric Cube was awesome in D2 so something similar would be welcome here as well. Of course it's not easy work to code such item though and to distinguish enough from the original so no... I don't think
"
Metronomy wrote:
Coradric Hube
would be the name we should look forward.

Warning! Massive Spoiler and inappropiate content for children ahead!

Spoiler
Ps.: True however on my opinion Blizz stole the idea from Clive Barker's Hellraiser movies. There was a toybox which was made by a famous toymaker and which opened the gates of a demonic realm summoning Pinhead bringing despair to Earth and doom to the toymaker and his descendants.

Of course the way they worked was different but I'm sure it was of great influence on the design of the Herardric Cube.

Last edited by saki04 on Apr 29, 2012, 4:00:53 AM
"
saki04 wrote:
D2 reference would be cool but Blizz would sue for less as well and I think these small details aren't worth that much to take the game down. Of course with different names and design but similar purpose I don't think that would be a problem.

The Horadric Cube was awesome in D2 so something similar would be welcome here as well. Of course it's not easy work to code such item though and to distinguish enough from the original so no... I don't think
"
Metronomy wrote:
Coradric Hube

Spoiler
Ps.: True however on my opinion Blizz stole the idea from Clive Barker's Hellraiser movies. There was a toybox which was made by a famous toymaker and which opened the gates of a demonic realm summoning Pinhead bringing despair to Earth and doom to the toymaker and his descendants.

Of course the way they worked was different but I'm sure it was of great influence on the design of the Herardric Cube.

With all the pop culture references Blizzard has made in their games, as well as other games, I highly fucking doubt they would sue over a respectful salute and Easter egg in another dev's game.
Last edited by HateSolstice on Apr 29, 2012, 5:02:21 AM
"
saki04 wrote:

"
Metronomy wrote:
Coradric Hube

Spoiler

Are you serious? That 'toybox' thing is directly stolen from pandora's box, and that story is hundreds upon hundreds of years old.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
Last edited by Tagek on Apr 29, 2012, 5:29:10 AM
yeah lets steal D2 more, pathetic
"
Tagek wrote:

Are you serious? That 'toybox' thing is directly stolen from pandora's box, and that story is hundreds upon hundreds of years old.

Might be true. However Pandora's box is traditionally portrayed as a chest rather than a small box. On the design I think this was closer to the Horadric Cube itself.. plus it's been better known than it's origin which again isn't Pandora's box but an Urban legend about the Devil's Toybox.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info