Bug - Karst The Kiss Goodnight not progressing

I talked to Karst as he had the ! above his head. Take Vial of Poison appeared. I took the item "The Kiss Goodnight". Nothing happened, the game did not progress to the next state. As you can see in the image above Take the Vial is still highlighted even though I already have the item. He also still has the ! above his head.

When I click Take Vial of Poison again nothing happens.

*Edit
As a number of people have pointed out the quest item stays with you until you randomly find a contract with the "Heist Target" of the quest item in your inventory. I successfully found and completed the contract with The Kiss Goodnight as the heist target and it is now gone from my inventory. However I now have other heist quest items with no matching contract so far.

I was thinking a solution might be for the npc to only give you their quest item once you have the correct contract but this could fail if you just run the contract without collecting the quest item first. You could use a check on starting a heist for needing a quest item to prevent it from starting if you don't have the item.
Alternatively does the npc really need to give us their quest item? They are always with us for the corresponding heist anyway. Lore wise they could be holding it for us. This would prevent the confusion I and others had with this issue. As well as preventing inventory clogging.
Last edited by Sleepyistired on Sep 19, 2020, 3:22:10 AM
Last bumped on Sep 25, 2020, 1:30:03 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Same issue. Poison unable to be dropped or destroyed, but won't progress the quest line.
same problem
Can confirm, having the same issue here as well. Currently stuck with an inventory slot that I can't get back :(

Edit: Disregard, the item was used in the next Heist that I brought Karst along for.
Last edited by Madous on Sep 19, 2020, 12:01:14 AM
same issue
+1

but after a random heist for someone else.. its gone now.. so.. maybe not a bug but a bad description of what to do with it, because no quest text too? :D
Last edited by Kamuel on Sep 19, 2020, 12:58:53 AM
yup bugged as shit
+1

I can't initiate any of the NPC contracts. My friend has the same issue. It's very annoying because they stay in your inventory and can't be removed.
You need the heist that goes with that item. I was going to post what it's name was but the damn game crashed and now I lost that heist so I guess I need to find it again. The Heist for the people in the town will have the item name that goes with it in the description if you hover over the contract.
I entered the quest contract that corresponds to this item and experienced an unexpected disconnection after retrieving the target item, while running back in full alert. This has been happening a lot on the escape route for contracts, but unfortunately in this case it left the quest item orphaned in my inventory as well... can't get rid of it now, and I don't have the contract to open that heist again.

In case it helps to check the character state, I generated a bug report reference number 741,093,487.
Last edited by bakemaster on Sep 19, 2020, 1:13:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info