Will Harvest Become Core Path of Exile Content?

I had a friend get me into this game just this league, and I've really enjoyed learning the game play and character building quite a lot. I have to say though, I am 100% not going to play with the old methods of crafting. I've already tried a fair amount of them, fossils, essence, alt spam, etc, and they never result in anything even remotely decent. So many wasted stats and shit tier rolls on gear always. The game shouldn't revolve around pure RNG while spamming currency on items. That's beyond stupid.

So, without harvest I'll be playing something else and spending my irl currency on other titles because the crafting in this game is horrendous. I don't know how ya'll did this "crafting" in the past, but you guys are champions for it because it sucks, frankly.
Deterministic crafting is good and all, but I'm glad you guys don't make Harvest go core the way it currently is. It will break the game.
My fanworks thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2868617
My hideout showcase thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3077898

AI "art" isn't art, it's theft.
To anyone saying how much you hated Harvest:
Can you please be more clear in voicing that it's about the gardening aspect, NOT the deterministic crafting? Because it seems that's where the majority of hate is coming from.
Don't give them wrong impressions.

Unless you hate deterministic crafting in general too, then ofc make that clear as well.
"
Natilo wrote:
Deterministic crafting is good and all, but I'm glad you guys don't make Harvest go core the way it currently is. It will break the game.

How is the game not already broken when most builds can't work because the items to make them viable are so hard to create that they almost can't reliably exist in temporary leagues?
Last edited by EpsiIon on Aug 14, 2020, 6:40:11 PM
"
EpsiIon wrote:
How is the game not already broken when almost most builds can't work because the items to make them viable are so hard to create that they almost can't reliably exist in temporary leagues?

Because first almost all people clone the same viable builds every league in order to play till Sirus, past was summoneres, this VDs, next will be another, and second couse really there is no competitor to PoE, despite bots, lack of auction house, slot machine crafting and all that shit, to this day there is no real competitor to PoE.

BTW idk why they call crafting to a system that besides two or three options that require thinking like lock afixes, cannot roll x mods, or split and item is 99% based in rng, that is not crafting, and never was nor will be, a crafting system involves thinking, planning and taking decisions that can be a success or a fail (with some degree of rng of course) just like harvest is.

But PoE never had a crafting system, only people that live to play or flip in poe trade to make currency can really craft, the rest of us are condemned to buy the things that other people create, take it or leave it that was PoE till harvest and that will be PoE.

I saw here alot of justifications like:

"It`s created very powerfull items"
"Break the game"

These itens will be still created with Harvest or not, the difference is a guy with real money, will buy 100Ex`s+ and will buy the item costing 100Exs, and we`ll need to go to farm like a crazy Burial to have the same EX`s ammount. Some guys complain about the league, but league over league do the same farm with MF gear, now they are concerned because someone is ENJOYING the content instead of farming and farming, is getting the same itens PLAYING the league content.

This league allowed everyone here to enjoy crafing his own items, allowed people learn how to craft, even to buy items, was much better and more accessible to buy, items that normally cost 100EX, I bought for 30-35EX, is it cheap? for some people is cheap, but for other 30-35EXs is still expensive, I spent around 300EX`s+ on this league even with Harvest, and I have friends using Harvest more than me, spent around 60EXs, it`s fair for everyone.

I hope GGG revert it soon and bring back something to allow us crafting like in harvest, these Leagues are playable for 2months max, I believe is much better has 2 months having enjoying the game and crafting instead do the same thing every league farming.
harvest was sadly the only league where a ssf player could access endgame, without playing the game as a full time job. its sad.
Very disappointed but not unexpected.

Until Harvest, its been the same thing over and over. Get to maps and purchase items with chaos. Sell rares for chaos with vendor rinse and repeat until I can get another upgrade purchasing it. The wall is running out of maps. And if GG thinks I will purchase maps to play and than try and make up that chaos purchase which I am trying to acquire... Not going to happen. I hit that wall every league and its over. With Harvest, it was totally different. My new progression was crafting. Crafting allowed me to tweak my items so I could progress further in the game.

Anyways, I enjoyed the crafting. It wasn't perfect but it gave me another opportunity to get the items/stats I needed to play the character the way I wanted too. Its going to be very difficult to go back the old way of just purchasing my items only.
"
Wissle wrote:
To anyone saying how much you hated Harvest:
Can you please be more clear in voicing that it's about the gardening aspect, NOT the deterministic crafting? Because it seems that's where the majority of hate is coming from.
Don't give them wrong impressions.

Unless you hate deterministic crafting in general too, then ofc make that clear as well.

It does not matter as much as you think it does or are making out. The crafting was intentionally made OP and attached to the garden for this Temp League test and is over.

They know about deterministic crafting and the amounts of RNG present within the game, it was designed as such. They know how OP Temp leagues can get and know the long term health problems which the game may face as a result and have communicated a desire to remedy this. Maybe they will maybe they wont.

They even tell of problems they face with implementation such as time, balancing and technical issues and said:

"We would like Harvest to be core in the future" amongst other notable comments.

But here... Deterministic crafting is a lot better then an RNG fest and I hope it makes a return in a re-balanced core version some day when GGG sees fit/deems ready, be that POE or POE 2.
welp back to never crafting again in my 6 years of poe playing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info