Will Harvest Become Core Path of Exile Content?

This sparks joy :)
Harvest crafting is a bit like having an auction house. It is the best way to get good gear, but involves spending time doing something tedious outside of core gameplay. So it shouldn't become core regardless of the degree of OP crafting.

The idea of more deterministic crafting though goes some way to mitigate the increasing levels of RNG, loot bloat and reduced chances of finding a gear upgrade by picking it up of the ground.

This league is my least played league since legacy, even though due to quarantine I spent 2 months off work (I mostly played World of Warcraft instead, yeah, let that one sink in...). Mostly because getting something out of harvest meant having to manage plants and lists of craft options, not killing monsters. The most "fun" I had with Harvest was actually setting up the garden in the first place.
As much as ive enjoyed this league and tried to interact with the mechanic, I have ended up completely ignoring the garden and removed seeds from my loot filter. I dislike how much room the seeds take up in my inventory and the garden is to much hassle. Its a lot of work and a lot of time is wasted setting it up. instead i just pay a bit extra for someone to do the crafts i want.

I like the new crafting system but i dont like what i have to do to use it.
Well i guess there were too much multiplied doctors/ house of mirror cards.
Or was it the amount of >800 dps axes...or the +x chaos level dot BOW which were used to buff SPELLS .....

Well just like in synthesis before, the lucky ones have their mirror bases, which will ensure a bright future for them and the rest will be left out in the rain, deprived of a chance to get on par with them.
-
-
At least we schould get some of the Sacred Grove assets as hideout decoration or new pets

Processing tuned down tempest shield MTX [pending...]
I can respect the decision of not implementing harvest as is, but I am also really sad to see it go. This was definitely my most favorite league by far. This was also the first league where I enjoyed crafting, as before it was just constant frustration. Really interested how it will eventually be reimplemented.
People saying newer to medium tier players will be left out need to hush. I am newer and I think Harvest was great, but not something that needs to be in PoE.

I switched to PoE from Diablo 3 for the sole reason that D3 was too easy. PoE, with Harvest, was turning into that. I barely even know how to craft, but was able to either craft something worth selling, or just selling seeds, which netted me enough currency to just buy whatever I wanted.

Harvest is broken, and the only people (besides SSF) that are sad to see it go, are the ones who know it is broken and want to abuse that broken mechanic.
"
Morgoth92 wrote:
In my opinion you should mantain the deterministic crafting mechanic in the main game, as one of the main possibilities for crafting. Crafting could be reworked in order to be somehow "Harvest-like". It could be like an add-on to the Crafting Bench. For example you could obtain some specific Harvest crafts while running maps, killing bosses, etc. Those would drop as seeds, that can still be traded. You can just scrap the whole Garden, even if I'm sure some people enjoyed it.

I think that for Path of Exile it would be very nice to have deterministic crafting not as side-content, but as main part of the game.
Make it way harder to create perfect items by manipulating the odds of the single exalted outcome for the highest level mods.

That's my personal idea.
sad face
Like many here, this is the first time crafting is enjoyable. I'm having so much fun in this league! Crafting is such a huge part of the game yet it's also the worst but this league shows that it doesn't have to be that way. I gave up on crafting in previous leagues, often just buying a finished product because it's just not worth the stress and time to invest in such a luck dependent system.

It's fine if harvest can't stay for whatever reason BUT pleaseeeeee fix the damn crafting system!
well i wont play the game till the crafts come back. best thing ever introduced to the game. really dont want to go back to just currency farming to buy! the gear i want.
awful

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info