[3.17]Blazer's Flicker God![League Starter as Cyclone-Supreme Tank-35M+ DPS Maxed-Fast]ALL CONTENT

Thanks. It was just luck :P
Need a little help with lightning resistance and also wondering if there's anything else I can do. I'm stuck. Almost there. Just need a little guidance with fine tuning.

https://pastebin.com/1JeMZnBg
"
theio666 wrote:
"
iunewind wrote:

Im tryed different variants of "mouse traking of boss" and not found any difference. Flicker just stop working on boss some times (too often).
Only thing im probably saw (not sure but looks like) - im stop because im out of frenzy charges. Its not happen on paks, but immidetly happen on boss. Looks like on paks charges respawn cause im kill mobs, and this not working on boss?
Im saw in previous discussion my 4 frenzy must be enough. Im also have two source of mana leach. What can be wrong with my bild?
Only thing im found - im have -7 and -9 manacost on rings but not have on amulet. Its can be problems? On paks all works good in this configuration.

Hmm, what's your unreserved mana pool? Maybe you reserve too much

Unreserved Mana 123, flicker cost 33 mana

"
The_Zaibas wrote:

I kind of share the same frustration. I have 100 unreserved mana, flicker cost 31, mana leech jewel. But sometimes my character just stands there at bosses not attacking at all.

How I approach bosses:
summon totems on boss offscreen
leap in with leap slam
flask up when landing up close
hold Q (my keybind for flicker) and dont let go
I dont press anything else until boss is dead

I have 3 theories:
1) I notice that often times when it happens, boss/I are close to a wall or an obstacle. Maybe flicker detects invalid destination where it would in theory land and just doesnt attack.
2) if charges run out during the fight, flicker needs to be recast as soon as they are back up, i.e. flicker does not automatically continue attacking once farrul's fur triggers.
3) something to do with internet connectivity, poe is weird like that sometimes so it might be a possibility.

What I also sometimes notice, if my flicker just stops, i just stand in the same spot and wait for my charges to go back up. When i see my charges are up and my mana is full, I point my mouse on the boss within my character range, press Q (flicker) and... nothing happens. I press Q again, nothing happens again. I run some laps around the boss, then press Q again, then flicker continues.

---- edited.

Ok. Finally looks like im see what im miss.
Its "Flicker Strike" everywhere in build and POB and only FAQ section have string "Make sure you use ANAMALOUS flicker instead normal". So im swith to anamalous and in first two maps its work on boss like its works on paks - no stops, or almost no stops (and its can be just stun hits from boss).
Last edited by iunewind on Feb 22, 2021, 7:52:00 AM

Hey there - having a good blast with this build, but currently struggling a bit with what to upgrade next.

I am thinking of getting a HH to do some more juiced content or something - do u think it would be worth? I also think about getting Replica Farruls Fur to get easier min-max done with resistences and stuff.

And I have another question, do we go with the resistance we need with the endurance charges we have from replica or without endurance charge?

best greetings
"
iunewind wrote:
"
theio666 wrote:
"
iunewind wrote:

Im tryed different variants of "mouse traking of boss" and not found any difference. Flicker just stop working on boss some times (too often).
Only thing im probably saw (not sure but looks like) - im stop because im out of frenzy charges. Its not happen on paks, but immidetly happen on boss. Looks like on paks charges respawn cause im kill mobs, and this not working on boss?
Im saw in previous discussion my 4 frenzy must be enough. Im also have two source of mana leach. What can be wrong with my bild?
Only thing im found - im have -7 and -9 manacost on rings but not have on amulet. Its can be problems? On paks all works good in this configuration.

Hmm, what's your unreserved mana pool? Maybe you reserve too much

Unreserved Mana 123, flicker cost 33 mana

"
The_Zaibas wrote:

I kind of share the same frustration. I have 100 unreserved mana, flicker cost 31, mana leech jewel. But sometimes my character just stands there at bosses not attacking at all.

How I approach bosses:
summon totems on boss offscreen
leap in with leap slam
flask up when landing up close
hold Q (my keybind for flicker) and dont let go
I dont press anything else until boss is dead

I have 3 theories:
1) I notice that often times when it happens, boss/I are close to a wall or an obstacle. Maybe flicker detects invalid destination where it would in theory land and just doesnt attack.
2) if charges run out during the fight, flicker needs to be recast as soon as they are back up, i.e. flicker does not automatically continue attacking once farrul's fur triggers.
3) something to do with internet connectivity, poe is weird like that sometimes so it might be a possibility.

What I also sometimes notice, if my flicker just stops, i just stand in the same spot and wait for my charges to go back up. When i see my charges are up and my mana is full, I point my mouse on the boss within my character range, press Q (flicker) and... nothing happens. I press Q again, nothing happens again. I run some laps around the boss, then press Q again, then flicker continues.

---- edited.

Ok. Finally looks like im see what im miss.
Its "Flicker Strike" everywhere in build and POB and only FAQ section have string "Make sure you use ANAMALOUS flicker instead normal". So im swith to anamalous and in first two maps its work on boss like its works on paks - no stops, or almost no stops (and its can be just stun hits from boss).

That's strange because I'm on normal flicker and divergent flicker, and both work fine...
"
theio666 wrote:

That's strange because I'm on normal flicker and divergent flicker, and both work fine...

Im play several maps and even Anamalois Flicker work not great on boss, but much better then normal. Its stops, but stops for short time (about 1/2sec) and then continue.

Unfortunately, I have not found any better option, and no one has been able to advise anything useful, or anything better than "you should press the button better".
For now im also have 170 mana pool ("flash and ston reserve 30% less mana" enchant) and anamalous gem and its still not great. But usefull for now, instead only frustrating before :))
I believe some of the issues with flicker "stopping" might actually be related to flicker desync issues, which is a well-known flicker problem that i guess maybe wasn't talked about. I had that issue with my old computer, which was still quite a good computer but flicker really puts it to the test. I now have a brand new computer, great processor and geforce 2070 super and flicker is like butter.

For me, I run with flicker cost 35 mana, unreserved mana 41, and I can flicker an entire map without stopping (provided the packs line up for me). it only takes 1 hit on an enemy to leech back to full mana so theres never a mana issue
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Feb 22, 2021, 10:44:50 AM
Question to people who transitioned to aul endgame setup: what's about mana? I just calculated, with ~700 mana pool, we have ~140 leech and ~15 regen per second, which translates to ~155 total mana gain per second, which mean that we can sustain up to 155/cost_of_flicker*4 APS, (4 because of multistrike). With 2x -mana cost, we have 18.24 APS as maximum sustainable attack speed, and in pobs, I see numbers like 20 APS or even higher, so theoretically you should run out of mana, does it happen in reality?

Though this would not happen on fortify + brutality setup(in this setup you have 31 flicker mana cost, therefore 20APS as mana threshold), a lot of people do not use that setup, so I'm wondering, how people are solving that problem...
Last edited by theio666 on Feb 22, 2021, 12:00:14 PM
"
theio666 wrote:
Question to people who transitioned to aul endgame setup: what's about mana? I just calculated, with ~700 mana pool, we have ~140 leech and ~15 regen per second, which translates to ~155 total mana gain per second, which mean that we can sustain up to 155/cost_of_flicker*4 APS, (4 because of multistrike). With 2x -mana cost, we have 18.24 APS as maximum sustainable attack speed, and in pobs, I see numbers like 20 APS or even higher, so theoretically you should run out of mana, does it happen in reality?

Though this would not happen on fortify + brutality setup(in this setup you have 31 flicker mana cost, therefore 20APS as mana threshold), a lot of people do not use that setup, so I'm wondering, how people are solving that problem...

I've never had issues ever regardless of gem set up in chest with 2x the mana requirement + 10-20 mana.
landed a sexy new foil today

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info