Summary of the known differences between the China client and the Global client

Nice things I'd like.

1. In-game Tree Planner with import/export/pastebin function.
2. Free re-Spec up to level 70.
3. Cause of Death Message.

4. Auto Pickup Loot Pet
- I'd prefer an auto pickup loot based on my Loot Filter that goes directly to a remove only tab on my inventory that expires daily. No more lootsplosion blocking my game screen. Just let me add a Notify filter keyword to prompt me in-game if a specific item dropped for me - "Wooza! An Exalted Orb!".

5. An Auction House.

6. One Button Trigger for flasks.
- Better yet, put trigger events for flasks as affixes. "Flask use triggers on low life. (100ms trigger cooldown)"

7. GGG points for Duplicate MTX.
8. More Free MTX each league. Sure!

9. A different death animation MTX.
- I'd buy a different death/non-death/incapacitated animation. Since I play SC and my character don't really die. When my life reaches 0, fighting freezes and Warmaster Haku appears and stands by my side, giving me the re-spawn options.

Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
"
-The currency dropped in the story mode is bound to the account

I don't like this. I gather a fair amount of currency during 10acts (30-60 chaoses, since I also do chaos recipes from 60+), which allows me to buy some better gear before maps (rare corrupted 6link, some uniques, etc).
With bound to account system, I have to start maps with 4links and crap rares.
"
Phrazz wrote:
People are totally misusing the the term "QoL" in this debate, and it bothers me.

AH-like features aren't "QoL", as they will impact the game on several levels - all the way to balance. The same goes for pick-up pets, free respecs, account bound items and more. Those aren't QoL, those are major changes to more than just the initial "QoL" they give.

That said, there are certain additions the CN client have, that really baffles me why we don't have in the western realms. Skill tree planner? More in-game tutorial/information? Death information? More events? Better quest rewards?

While this is a clear-cut case of "the grass is always greener..." for a lot of people, there are some nice additions there. But a lot of people are screaming out like kids, without realizing that some of those additions, would create MORE havoc in the community than now.

True
Other than being bored or hating Delirium League and have nothing better to do until June 12th (next league start) I see no point in wishing for things that the non-Chinese version of PoE will never have. The best we can ever push for is to have the item search brought in-game and then each item can have a "whisper" button to send the WTB with a single click (end the hightlight/copy/paste and {Alt}Tab bullshit forever GGG, you owe us at least that QoL).

Go play something else for another month. I'm in a 4 party nostalgic playing of Path of Diablo right now. It plays butter smooth, albeit with lower resolution and animation quality. But for a a 2002 old Windows XP game it plays well on Win 10 and with our TeamSpeak voice communication it's great retro fun. And no one-shots to ever worry about.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
gageris wrote:
"
-The currency dropped in the story mode is bound to the account

I don't like this. I gather a fair amount of currency during 10acts (30-60 chaoses, since I also do chaos recipes from 60+), which allows me to buy some better gear before maps (rare corrupted 6link, some uniques, etc).
With bound to account system, I have to start maps with 4links and crap rares.

they have some fixed drops that have specific stats, I think i even read they get a 5l off kitava guaranteed? Sure someone will confirm if thats the case.

I find it interesting the chinese client appears to have far better security against bots while simultaneously encouraging even more bots lol
"
trixxar wrote:
And it is relevant to point out that instead of discussing why some features are QoL and others are not, you just defend GGG every decision, as always.

I don't. I defend what I believe in, nothing more, nothing less. I know it's hard to believe that someone actually has a mind of their own, and is not following the masses like a puppet.

If you read my initial post, you would see that it really baffles me why they've decided to leave out some things. You chose to ignore that, to make me fit your "stereotype". Fantastic. Which - yet again - shows that it doesn't matter if I agree or disagree with GGG or not. As long as I disagree with YOU, I "just defend GGG every decision".

"...every decision".

"...every".

Get a grip. I have lots of beefs with GGG, and they are FAR from making the game as good as it can be.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I feel betrayed when I see the difference
Simple answer, if you like what the CN server has to offer play on it.

As the CN server becomes a more common thing with the streamers, the sheep will hear will follow.

"
element274 wrote:
Nice things I'd like.

3. Cause of Death Message.

I'd love if this appeared in your current global chat in the form of "(Spell/attack name and damage type) *HL2 or CS weapon icon, except it's an actual picture of the skill gem, where available* (Playername)"

E.g. Bameth
DonkeyKongBundy in T16 Canyon

"
6. One Button Trigger for flasks.
- Better yet, put trigger events for flasks as affixes. "Flask use triggers on low life. (100ms trigger cooldown)"

This is getting into the territory of "Why don't we have rare flasks?" I think being able to roll 4+ affixes some of which affect automated behaviour of flasks, definitely belongs in any discussion of flasks. Or flask dependency trees, something which semi-automates groups of flasks and could make current items like The Everflowing Chalice a lot more versatile and useful.

"

7. GGG points for Duplicate MTX.
8. More Free MTX each league. Sure!

My only concern with loads of free MTX dropping throughout Wraeclast is that they would necessarily be (mostly) cheap and low-effort. The Korean God Hat was well-timed, well-done, and one-of-a-kind. Having a "Strange Bonk Helmet" or "Mysterious Particle-Emitting Mantreads" dropping every third zone, except instead of Valve's silly simple gear it's GGG's usual brand of overwrought edgelord goth culture, would be a real detractor.

Now...if you could earn some older MTX as a special occasional drop for defeating select bosses, that might be more interesting. Give Fairgraves a wedgie and have a chance to get a Fairgraves Mystery box as a drop. Roflstomp Ryslatha and have a chance to get a Glimmerwood Mystery Box. Turn a Rogue Exile into chop suey and you might get to keep their pet (some of which are super expensive!) Shove Doedre into her locker and you can walk away with not only her skin, but also her toad.

Super-useful items like stash tabs might drop in exceedingly rare situations. For instance, Poorjoy's Asylum boss drops a pile of extra rare items as part of his "shtick". Perhaps, in keeping with his Hoarding problem, he also drops a free stash tab now and then? (Map owner only) Or Perandus Manor might yield the occasional stash tab.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
What the actual fuck ...
"They need to wake the fuck up."
Yep
Last edited by dyneol on May 11, 2020, 7:23:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info