[3.13] 🔥Oro’s Flicker Strike Raider🔥 | Top tier mapper/currency farmer | 10M+ DPS | All Content

Great job on this build! This is the first time I can say the guide didn't lie about the budget and the mechanics were easy to understand and execute.

It's day 3 and I'm mapping comfortably through mid-tier maps with a total investment of 6c and a few hours of farming a tabby. I am using no jewels yet and won't bother on clusters until I'm in the 90s. I'm level 87 with 8 watchstones working my way towards 12.

I figure I'll hit the ceiling of my current gear around T12/13 maps. It definitely is sketchy sometimes(Legion events for example) and I am encountering the occasional 1 shot, but for 6c the potential of this build is absolutely insane.

Hopefully an Ex or two will drop soon so I can get an Impresence and start re-working the rest of the trash gear I'm wearing :)

You're right that day 2 Elder is a high bar, but you can still easily reach red tier maps with very selective investment.

I'm sitting on ~50c debating where it'll be spent. A lot of items are vastly overpriced at the moment. I might just have to start learning how to craft, this build might be the first one to force me to since it's so enjoyable!

Keep up the good work! Appreciate this guide immensely, so far this is the smoothest season progression wise for me.

Edit: Figure I'll share a few of my experiences with using this build as a league starter to give those a better idea of the issues it faces and how you can solve/manage them.

- If you want to level with Flicker Strike you can do so after your first ascendancy. I grabbed Frenzy and used that to start stacking Frenzy charges, once you get 2-3 up you can start casting Flicker Strike and rely mostly on the 20% chance generation per hit. You can clear through regular monsters easily since you'll get charges on kill. It's fast and effective. Once you get to around level 50 this gets smoother and casting Frenzy becomes less necessary.

- Vaal Pact feels optional. I swapped Vaal Pact for Call to Arms and have been using Enduring Cry. This helps A TON for trials and making it through labs.

Enduring Cry can essentially replace a life flask and you can use pure utility flasks if you're comfortable enough. I'm still using a life flask though since I'm not upgrading my gear to meet my defensive needs in higher maps. I'm essentially heal spamming through damage spikes that make it through the high amount of evasion this build stacks.

- I keep going back and grabbing Spirit Void and Vitality Void to make life and mana leech feel better. Without -# Mana to non-channeling abilities on your rings the increase of mana leech feels necessary. With little to no investment in gear, Vitality Void keeps your health pool topped off better.

- The Wise Oak is probably your best investment choice as soon as you hit maps. For 2-3c you can get a 10-11% elemental penetration one until later when the full 15% is cheaper.

- I'm still favoring Leap Slam over Dash. Since I'm not running the totem setup yet, I am able to run both movement abilities. While Dash is quicker, the charges early on are a pain to manage and Leap slam has the ability to jump over/through more obstacles than Dash can.
Last edited by Teejay137 on Jun 22, 2020, 10:16:38 AM
Thanks for the support!

Good list of advice and alternative choices as well, will list them in the "build variants" section in a few days.
Hey :)!

Would you say this build would be decent to start the league with and just play it in mid-tier maps to farm some currency, knowing that it will take a while for some of the items to go down in price?

I'm really struggling to find a build to play, right now I'm looking at this one and Fivers Frost Blades.
Yes.
Hey !

The build will do well up to yellow maps with only lvl 80-85 and very basic starter gear (a tabula or corrupted 6L, a 5c 4L Oro's and mediocre life/resists rares).
=>See the above post of Teejay which gives solid advice to pilot the build on super low budget.

If you hesitate about the playstyle, just take 10min with any standard character to try the Flicker-Multistrike-Melee Splash setup with any 2H sword on weak mobs (acts). If you like it, this is the build for you! :D
Last edited by Heinarc on Jun 22, 2020, 11:38:39 AM
Got a good Impresence for 1 Ex this morning! Look at what we're supposed to anoint and I'm a bit confused.

Smashing Strikes appears to only affect Staff only attacks? Do we just get this for the endurance charge on melee crit or am I missing something?

Tried searching through the thread and can't find any information on the neck anointment. This seems out of place as if this passive was changed?
Correct, Smashing Strikes is only annointed for the End charge generation.

However right now in 3.11 Enduring Cry is super strong and can replace this annoint (just be sure to spend one point to spec Call to Arms)

If you free up the annoint slot, best offensive option is Frenetic (10-11% more DPS), and best defensive option is probably No Witnesses.

However, both of those are a bit expensive (1 golden or 2x silver). As a third, more budget friendly option, you can keep Smashing strikes, but use the new Infernal Cry for 10-12% more DPS against bosses.

Options, options, options... :D
What amulet would you recommend til i can get enough to afford a impressence , Carnage heart? or a Rare with Res etc

I bought this for 1c after act 10 to get res capped and it worked well until I replaced it this morning with Impresence.
Also , when did you decide to take vitality void and Spirit Void . Curious when i should look at adding them , as i can just imagine it feel alot smoother , especially after your comment mentioning it
I used them until recently at level 88. So I'd say from around level 50-80 is a good place to have them.

I just kept using regret orbs to spec in and out of them as necessary.

I'm currently at an awkward stage where certain mechanics such as Baran's mana runes are a must avoid or I'm dead in the water with no mana - it's pretty much death at that point if I'm in the middle of a monster pack.

The problem is that as you level Flicker Strike higher and higher it uses more and more mana to the point where with auras running you are only going to have a mana pool of roughly 200-250 and Flicker Strike will use 57 per cast. So you'll get ~4 Flickers before you are out of mana and with the way leech works over time you just aren't replenishing mana fast enough to keep up with your attack speed.

You can adjust this by not leveling Flicker Strike up since you don't really need damage from gem levels for clear speed. I figure this is why we need the -# Mana to non-channeling abilities on our rings... I'm not sure there are any other solutions to this other than grabbing items that grant mana, mana regen, etc.

I picked up a pair of Spiked Gloves today with Mana on kill and that helps a bit, but still not enough. For leveling I would suggest using a Praxis ring if you don't need resistances.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info