[3.10]The CEO of lightning Storm Brand Hierophant [Retired]

"
jbmcarth wrote:
Strongly agree with WorderMostFoul here.

If you look at most other 10-20ex budget builds, you'll see most cap at 5m dps or less. Maybe they claim more, but then you look at the end of the thread and see people with 10 ex investment and 1-2m dps. 5m is plenty to trivialize most maps and to make it possible to kill any boss. Get your ES to 8-9k, get skyforth, and level where you feel comfortable until your dps is high enough to make even nasty mods on t16 feel trivial.

At 93, I'm not really accumulating much exp bc I'm dying every 3rd or 4th map at t16. Which is fine! I could run low red or high yellow maps for slow but steady exp, and anywhere I farm is pretty decent currency. t7 burial chambers is surprisingly good/steady currency with delirium rewards.

If you just want to get to the point where you can farm lots of currency and beat nearly everything in the game (with deaths, if you're me), this build can do it with 20c rares, dirt cheap uniques, 6L ivory tower, and skyforth.

How do you get brand dips? is the one listed in POB when toggling to brand skill accurate? How about shaper DPS(i know that's what I have to know to get a ballpark figure of bossing DPS) where is that thing at?

https://pastebin.com/Uhd1K071

Overall, I'm pretty happy with my current setup, not the tankiest but I've used squishier builds than this so I'm comfortable getting 1 shotted here and there but of course I try to avoid that from happening since I'm pushing for 3 more passive points. Currently running ultra juiced t16 and sometimes you get one shot out of nowhere and already came into terms with that this league.

This build for me is the LEAST STRESSFUL, LEAST I EVER SPEND MY CURRENCIES ON to take down all contents(except simulacrum, ran 400ish of those already I'm sick of it) and MOST FUN to fking play. I wish I would've known this build earlier and could've farm way more than what I currently have.

Last edited by CreedAventus on May 14, 2020, 10:14:26 PM
"
CREMMUS wrote:
"
jbmcarth wrote:

If you look at most other 10-20ex budget builds, you'll see most cap at 5m dps or less. Maybe they claim more, but then you look at the end of the thread and see people with 10 ex investment and 1-2m dps. 5m is plenty to trivialize most maps and to make it possible to kill any boss. Get your ES to 8-9k, get skyforth, and level where you feel comfortable until your dps is high enough to make even nasty mods on t16 feel trivial.

At 93, I'm not really accumulating much exp bc I'm dying every 3rd or 4th map at t16. Which is fine! I could run low red or high yellow maps for slow but steady exp, and anywhere I farm is pretty decent currency. t7 burial chambers is surprisingly good/steady currency with delirium rewards.

If you just want to get to the point where you can farm lots of currency and beat nearly everything in the game (with deaths, if you're me), this build can do it with 20c rares, dirt cheap uniques, 6L ivory tower, and skyforth.

How do you get brand dips? is the one listed in POB when toggling to brand skill accurate? How about shaper DPS(i know that's what I have to know to get a ballpark figure of bossing DPS) where is that thing at?

Overall, I'm pretty happy with my current setup, not the tankiest but I've used squishier builds than this so I'm comfortable getting 1 shotted here and there but of course I try to avoid that from happening since I'm pushing for 3 more passive points. Currently running ultra juiced t16 and sometimes you get one shot out of nowhere and already came into terms with that this league.

This build for me is the LEAST STRESSFUL, LEAST I EVER SPEND MY CURRENCIES ON to take down all contents(except simulacrum, ran 400ish of those already I'm sick of it) and MOST FUN to fking play. I wish I would've known this build earlier and could've farm way more than what I currently have.

Sorry you found it late! Hopefully we can keep it alive for 3.11 launch before we transition to something new and broken hah.
"
CREMMUS wrote:
"
jbmcarth wrote:

1. Totally agreed about the build and every level you can get above 90 will yield you tangible improvement, so GET those points, girl!

2. Maybe it's just me, but that's a fuckload of simulacrums.

3. To get your effective Shaper DPS...hmm, try this: https://pastebin.com/QN9pmkqK

That brand DPS would be single-target and assumes you've hit the target with Wave of Conviction. Tick all your flasks in the "Items" tab to see DPS with those flasks up. And then, assuming you have 2 brands attached to enemy, double that number for your effective DPS.

Someone correct me if I missed anything configuring it.
"
zer0code wrote:
"
"
smac2000 wrote:
Can someone post a 9k eHP PoB that does not include a watchers eye?

Sorry, was at work and couldn't reply until I got home. Here's my version:
https://pastebin.com/m05hcLfn

(Someone tell me if that link doesn't work, this is the first time I've tried exporting and sharing a build.)

The small cluster jewel with Will Shaper is really what's pushing eHP in my own setup. As you can see (assuming I did this right), 9.7k ES + 250 life is almost 10k eHP. Trading Sanctuary of Thought for a Watcher's Eye reduces ES a bit; most of this ES is made up through the additional life you'll have reserved via Ivory Tower when you lose the "10% less mana reservation of skills" in Sanctuary of Thought, but then the amount of life you have to back up your ES is obviously even tinier, too.

What a nice setup you have with will shaper. It replaces watchers pretty well. If i knew that before, I'd not have bought that 40ex watchers, but, thankfully sold for the exact same price

I'm not playing brands anymore, switched to another-herald-stacking-build, its pretty immortal and tbh you get bored when nothing can kill you

Will save your build to the next league, thanks bro!

Thanks for the comments; I'm so glad I could help! I do think it runs really smoothly--most of the time, it runs just as well as the setup with Watcher's Eye. The hardest Delirium content is the only place I can really tell a difference.
I think you can make a case for Will shaper small cluster along with SoT, at the cost of one fevered mind, but getting enough ES to drop SoT without clarity watchers is tough. For my gear, I'd need to take unnatural calm wheel at the cost of a 3rd fevered mind for intuitive leap to free up the passives. I come out at about 5% more dps and ~600 less ES.

Even just running one along with SoT is kind of a tough call, since on top of losing a fevered mind, you're losing 2 additional passives.
I would really like to thank you for this build!! Just got a cortex map and didn't expect this to drop

I thought it was a Sirus drop Lol! Anyway, This is probably the best build i've had since i started playing in open beta. Kudos!!
If you can't control it, STOP.
Loving the build so far, made my own tweaks and changes but I love the mechanic.

Just a quick question :

I am going for a large + small cluster.

Does Doryani's Lesson ( 0.2 % of elemental damage leeched as life ) work with Ghostreaver ? Cause in POB it did not made a change to ES/Leech.
The 17m DPS build also features 10% more damage and 10% increased cast speed in the amulet. This amulet is not available in the market. How do we get it?
"
Stormbear94 wrote:
The 17m DPS build also features 10% more damage and 10% increased cast speed in the amulet. This amulet is not available in the market. How do we get it?

I investigated why I couldn't reach that DPS and finally I saw 10% more damage and cast speed in the amulet.
"
Stormbear94 wrote:
"
Stormbear94 wrote:

I investigated why I couldn't reach that DPS and finally I saw 10% more damage and cast speed in the amulet.

Did you...read the OP's note in red text directly after the POB link?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info