Evolving Path of Exile's Renderer

"
are we going to ignore the fact that this guy looks like Duelist irl?

hahaha is completely true hahah how I didn´t notice before! ahha, thanks man your comment did make me laugh
BUT WHEN IS TRADING GOING TO EVOLVE
IGN: VLADIZMAS
"
SiegFuse wrote:
Give me fps. Just fix those 0fps spikes! Please! i want to feel the game again.. like long ago!

I don't experience FPS spikes... I do however rarely suffer network latency spikes and since I play on Lockstep mode the game can seem to be suffering an FPS issue when it's only a network issue.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Apr 7, 2020, 12:01:05 PM
kinda sick of playing on engine multithreading off not gonna lie, really been liking the league outside of that..
"
Elemenz wrote:
What's hilariously ironic about this, is how much effort you take to make the game look good, when the goal of the game is to not see anything.
Everyone wants to go as fast as possible, run at 500%, one button melt and explode entire screens in 0.5 sec, turning poe literally into a arcade pop shoot 'em up blaster game, which would be enjoyable in a 2D- 32 bit top down version, but instead we get hardware requirements for solo players that make it seem you are playing Ashran 100 vs 100 in wow, 5 fps, massive lag and all that good shit.

You barely see enemies, animations, anything. People are just pointing in the general direction of monster life bar clusters to delete them. That's literally the games current state: LIFE BAR DELETER.
Spot movement, click and delete. There's absolutely nothing, not a shred or "RPG" or "action" in poe left.
[Removed by Support]

A perfect balance and tempo would be if you find a middle ground between Exanima, Poe 4 years ago, and Diablo 2. And make it look and feel like Exanima, just a little faster on the action part. I can guarantee you that this is what the original fans wanted from Poe, quality over quantity. Have a room full of different monsters who do different stuff, act in a unique way, where items and placement play a role and you can ragdoll monsters and the environment. That's cool, that's fun, that's what everyone wants from a ARPG.
And yet you have zero ragdoll dynamics and instead just pump the game full with more meaningless monsters who we kill by the millions in a click whose animations or models we don't even have time to see or feel.

[Removed by Support]

Exanima had the epic vibe. But I agree, having no monster interaction is useless in poe.

Again, leveling new character in poe, with no good gear is good. Its pretty good! But it has bs monsters that ruin everything. bubble mobs, immune mobs, and few other.

Endgame in poe is nothing impressing. Heroe clicker has better endgame.

Poe havent evolved at all from 3.0, except new leagues. All the good pc from 3.0 are now called as "potato pc" by people.. yet poe only adds more and more monsters. MORE AND MORE. Thats like.. bad design. Just cheap eye candy.

Again, we need poe competition, but blizzard is cucked, they ran away with the tail between their legs into mobile. They d4 has the worst itemisations ever, as well as skill trees and so on.
The only thing d4 have is modern graphics.

Cant wait to see how poorly or well poe2 runs. But this guy from renderer video made me very afraid.

He literally said "who cares about 100-140fps... Its about 30-60fps that makes you feel good.

Yeah right, the guy might be working extra hard but he is a lousy gamer.
144Hz gaming is day and night difference. A game MUST run this well.

And other who goes to 200+fps would surely say how well game experience is.

So.. if their logic is to follow: "game runs above 30fps - no need to optimise it guys" then poe2 is ruined already.
I swear if they make some maven "Simon says" insta-death minigame, sirus, exarch ball minigame then i wont play poe2.
spikes 130 to 5 fps and GGG think are doing a good job, then keep this and game will die in less than 1 year.
I want more stability not more graphics.
"
webas wrote:

"
Fetnat wrote:

"
returnofsnow wrote:

This is actually true. Fixed lots of stutters for me. Also, limiting the processor to 95% worked wonders for me. I don't get stutters anymore only in heavy environments (Conqueror + Delirium + lots of other stuffs). FPS is still lacking though.

Also the guy you quoted just trying to be a smartass and bait people into fighting, ignore these kind of people that have absolutely no clue about what's happening.

Stay safe peeps!

How do you limit the processor ?

its in power settings. You just max max cpu power at 99%. Or 95%.

not necessary anymore.

after reddit recommended custom tools to reduce the load on single cores, ggg patched it in 3.10.1

"
Kieren_GGG wrote:
Adjusted CPU core usage for processors with fewer cores. This should result in reduced CPU usage and a more responsive game experience.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Apr 7, 2020, 12:26:56 PM
How about you evolve audio processing, ffs. It's about time the audio was processed by dedicated audio chips, not the CPU.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Great talk, you can tell he's passionate about the work he's doing. This was one of the better ones.
With Path of Exile converting to all PBR will that mean those of us with second graphis cards will get a performance boost if we set the second one to Physics instead of having them in SLI?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info