The Absolute State Of Off-Topic

You can use shawls, bandanas, everything really to cover your 3 gaping holes. You don't have to absolutely use surgical masks.
@Lachdanan..

I don’t visit terribly much but when the appetite whets I get my eclectic fill from your postering..you don’t disappoint
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

Now you´re just making fun of my english-speaking-disability, well if it serves the community cohesion feeling. Then i prob have to like it.

Hate to dissapoint, i´m not going to use shawls, bandanas or nappys during summer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Off topic is a mess, folks. Very low energy. Sad!
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Exile009, i got that other covid thread closed.

Also what state of off-topic, they should close it down if they are going to down-regulate it to the weakest link.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:

Also what state of off-topic, they should close it down if they are going to down-regulate it to the weakest link.

Peace,

-Boem-

You've got it mixed up. Banning politics and religion is 'up-regulating' it to the strongest link. Being brainwashed by cultists and criminals doesn't make you a strong person.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"
"
Boem wrote:

Peace,

-Boem-

You've got it mixed up. Banning politics and religion is 'up-regulating' it to the strongest link. Being brainwashed by cultists and criminals doesn't make you a strong person.

A lack of curiosity or interest is weakness, literally so, because those are the states of mind that help us evolve and grow.

Dissalowing conversations that would provoke those states of mind is a
down-regulation.

And the only reason its being enforced is because some people are defensive rather then curious when it comes to politics and religions.
And they are, the weakest links.

Even a very religious person can still be highly curious if he has conviction he won't get defensive when its faced with opposition.(state of mind that faith refers too, the believe in face of opposition, not in the absence of it)

The same is true for politics or all other topics, strong people have no problem defending or letting go of their positions because they don't conflate their knowledge or idea's with who or what they are.

Hope that suffices to explain my position. I consider it a down-regulation when the entire community is deprived of interesting conversations to protect the few that would be "harmed" by them because they identify with the topics because they didn't move from puberty to adulthood propperly.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:

*snip*

Peace,

-Boem-

I definitely understood what you're saying, but it's blatantly wrong. There's nothing for anybody to gain from discussing those things. It's all made up concepts used to dictate how people should behave, nothing can come of arguing about what their favorite dictation is. Or what they think is gonna happen when you die. The only thing that can possibly come of it is drama and fighting.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"
"
Boem wrote:

*snip*

Peace,

-Boem-

I definitely understood what you're saying, but it's blatantly wrong. There's nothing for anybody to gain from discussing those things. It's all made up concepts used to dictate how people should behave, nothing can come of arguing about what their favorite dictation is. Or what they think is gonna happen when you die. The only thing that can possibly come of it is drama and fighting.

I wasn't talking about arguing, i was talking about conversations.

It's the difference between debate and dialectics.

And its highly interesting to understand where another person is comming from and what they experienced in their life, how they ended up in the place opposite of you in a conversation.

It's called attention and people find it enjoyable and passing it back and forth is a pleasurable experience.

As it so happens, i enjoy getting to know other community members or trying to relate to their storys and put some perspective on them.
That's usually why i end up in "back and forth" tango's in here because i find it interesting.

That you think those conversations can only devolve in drama and fighting mostly shows your hand, but not mine or anybody's elses.
The good far outweighs the bad in this community for me.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
solwitch wrote:

There’s more to life than religion, politics etc... it’s called "going outside.’
blasphemy

I like it

unless it's today's weather, which meant rain about 10 minutes after I got off work... sadness
[quote="Lovecraftuk"]I think the new meta is everyone bitching about the new league. [/quote]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info