The Absolute State Of Off-Topic

"
solwitch wrote:
You’re making this wayyyy too easy, I’m not going to be mean or make insults...

You seem to be looking for attention to an audience of veterans whom have seen it all. Every few months we get the one from 2013 that is burned out, decides to jump into the abyss, only to realize that this abyss is quite different... it has an ending.

Stop trying to imply you're some wise man taking the high road please. And stop trying to make this about me. There's a topic, you're deliberately ignoring it to focus on its author. There's a term for that tactic. And it's not considered particularly wise either.

Nor particularly charitable, since you know as well as I do that if you did resort to meanness or insults, it'd both reflect poorly on you and likely get you hit by the mods. So you're not exactly doing me any favors, certainly not any that I asked for.

And btw, I'm not burned out on the game, whether you are or not. :)
Forums come, forums go. Welcome to the internet.
"
LennyLen wrote:
Forums come, forums go. Welcome to the internet.

True but there was a time you could post pretty much anything on the POE forums. And that ain't always the case with other fora where mods shut your mouth for the silliest reasons.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
I don´t understand why we keep that animethread around anyway,
it serves no function and lacks meaning. Kids these days...
We´re still 70years ahead of the "freedom of speech"-discussion.

We could make a thread about movies, but all those "superheroes" with a tendency to solve problems via violence and punches to the head, aren´t really worth to be put on a pedestal for cultural enrichment. Go watch "The Abyss", i recommend.

Newspapers are best for lighting the stove, Toiletpaper is too valuable for that. Every newspaper follows a agenda of their own interests, the only possible way to find information nowadays seem to be offtopics.

Automation has reached a point where Meat is beeing considered faulty, even PoE would be better of if its only played by bots. This is also reflected in the recreationpolicies and goodrobot-trackingapps. Social-points societies lol.

A state of decay indeed, probably no extra virus required to display that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
The music thread is no longer counted, as it's literally just the same guy posting for 10 pages. Updated the post - number of lively threads is now six.
"
Lachdanan wrote:
I don´t understand why we keep that animethread around anyway,
it serves no function and lacks meaning. Kids these days...
We´re still 70years ahead of the "freedom of speech"-discussion.

We could make a thread about movies, but all those "superheroes" with a tendency to solve problems via violence and punches to the head, aren´t really worth to be put on a pedestal for cultural enrichment. Go watch "The Abyss", i recommend.

Newspapers are best for lighting the stove, Toiletpaper is too valuable for that. Every newspaper follows a agenda of their own interests, the only possible way to find information nowadays seem to be offtopics.

Automation has reached a point where Meat is beeing considered faulty, even PoE would be better of if its only played by bots. This is also reflected in the recreationpolicies and goodrobot-trackingapps. Social-points societies lol.

A state of decay indeed, probably no extra virus required to display that.

Because it’s a common interest many of us have. We may bitch at each other but the Animepub was created for all of us to take a break and talk about something other than religion and politics. Off topic is extremely entertaining, there are some things you just can’t find on other social media platforms.

Besides it has another purpose, non intended one... Huge library of Anime.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Apr 5, 2020, 1:07:36 PM
Yes, thats why i use my choice to not interact with it.

But how do you prevent a group/state/society from enacting rules regarding certain topics that could imaginary cause harm possibly. Too many if´s.
I just marched along when 99% of the offtopic population decided to vote against Religion&Politics&Weather&Anime topics, pretty good excuse should use it more often.

Funfact is any topic can be a "hot" one.
Still doesn´t mean im a supporter of completelyfull-freedom of speech, there could probably be some rotten apples of handdrawn artwork within the category.
Not worth to ban the whole tree.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
Lachdanan wrote:
Yes, thats why i use my choice to not interact with it.

But how do you prevent a group/state/society from enacting rules regarding certain topics that could imaginary cause harm possibly. Too many if´s.
I just marched along when 99% of the offtopic population decided to vote against Religion&Politics&Weather&Anime topics, pretty good excuse should use it more often.

Funfact is any topic can be a "hot" one.
Still doesn´t mean im a supporter of completelyfull-freedom of speech, there could probably be some rotten apples of handdrawn artwork within the category.
Not worth to ban the whole tree.

Over the years we’ve have had people do some really stupid things... Mostly all related to topics of religion and politics. Had people threaten each other; to you name it reporting some to authorities. If we had to implement some form of draconian rules to keep some one from self inflicting harm than that’s a life saved.

There are a few here that have or rather I would consider a dangerous, "persona." Some posters would also gang up and literally belittle individuals and instigate fights. Others would pose as experts, but their simply just copying and pasting from other sites.

Some posters wait for an opportunity, to pounce to make themselves feel superior... Again moderating is not easy. Thousands of different people posting, majority of them hiding their identity.

GGG staff know my identity, I’ve shared my personal social sites etc... but I learned the hard way not to share. I literally had a stalker on this forum. I posted a picture of myself, and few minutes later some eerie comments, to personal attacks because I wouldn’t give someone the time or day.

If people want to be apart of off topic and try to find a "niche," with in here by all means welcome. But to dissect a forum that’s been around for awhile is unfair. Things change and people have bosses...

My advice to everyone you need thick skin to be in off topic, if you folks can’t have a disagreement with out holding a grudge especially with strangers I would question the persons state of mind. There are things I don’t put up with and when I get serious it’s takes a few messages to moderation and they are SUPER nice to rectify.

But then again as a former moderator, it can get taxing if the person constantly complains... That report button is there for a reason. I would be more worried on who’s typing behind the computer rather than be asking why the rules are stricter.

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Apr 5, 2020, 7:55:01 PM
Well, that explains a lot. I know that type of attitude. Busybody type. Usually starts a lot of threads themselves as well. Kind that loves telling others what to do and how to behave. Sees their sense of judgment as superior. Good to know.

I wonder if this will elicit a mod hit. They're usually not the type to care for discussing anything, very rarely open to feedback, just for imposing their way with all the tools available.

For my part, I don't see the report button as a blunt instrument to be used and abused at the drop of a hat. Think the main things I've reported on here are spam ads and ... my own posts (for doubleposts, since this place lacks a delete button).
Last edited by Exile009 on Apr 5, 2020, 11:16:12 PM
"
Exile009 wrote:
Well, that explains a lot. I know that type of attitude. Busybody type. Usually starts a lot of threads themselves as well. Kind that loves telling others what to do and how to behave. Sees their sense of judgment as superior. Good to know.

I wonder if this will elicit a mod hit. They're usually not the type to care for discussing anything, very rarely open to feedback, just for imposing their way with all the tools available.

For my part, I don't see the report button as a blunt instrument to be used and abused at the drop of a hat. Think the main things I've reported on here are spam ads and ... my own posts (for doubleposts, since this place lacks a delete button).

You have the option of messaging any moderator. Feel free to send them an email and explain your concerns. Btw stirring the pot on other threads is obvious. Just a little heads up...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info