The Absolute State Of Off-Topic

"
solwitch wrote:
You have the option of messaging any moderator. Feel free to send them an email and explain your concerns. Btw stirring the pot on other threads is obvious. Just a little heads up...

Yeah right! *insert Star Wars music* "Kill me, and embrace the dark side of the force!" No thanks, some of us have the restraint to not abuse the power we're given, even against people we dislike. Besides, you claim to have a great relationship with the mods (given your attitude, that wouldn't surprise me) and they are human after all, so this bit of advice seems rather convenient.

As for the other thread, all I did was summarize what you were doing there. I understand that your definition of 'stirring the pot' is quite wide-ranging, but even then it's still better than what you yourself do. At least I treat all people like adults, whereas you seem to infantilize and dismiss everyone not like you, while placing your kind on a pedestal.

Btw, don't complain about people being passive-aggressive while dropping little hints like "Just a little heads up..." You've helped create the kind of environment where passive aggression is the adaptive response, and seem to use it extensively yourself, so don't bother finding fault with others for it.

Here's a clip of someone you might relate to - https://youtu.be/YlDVvd__QUk
Last edited by Exile009 on Apr 6, 2020, 12:37:39 AM
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:
You have the option of messaging any moderator. Feel free to send them an email and explain your concerns. Btw stirring the pot on other threads is obvious. Just a little heads up...

Yeah right! *insert Star Wars music* "Kill me, and embrace the dark side of the force!" No thanks, some of us have the restraint to not abuse the power we're given, even against people we dislike. Besides, you claim to have a great relationship with the mods (given your attitude, that wouldn't surprise me) and they are human after all, so this bit of advice seems rather convenient.

As for the other thread, all I did was summarize what you were doing there. I understand that your definition of 'stirring the pot' is quite wide-ranging, but even then it's still better than what you yourself do. At least I treat all people like adults, whereas you seem to infantilize and dismiss everyone not like you, while placing your kind on a pedestal.

Btw, don't complain about people being passive-aggressive while dropping little hints like "Just a little heads up..." You've helped create the kind of environment where passive aggression is the adaptive response, and seem to use it extensively yourself, so don't bother finding fault with others for it.

I treat people how they want to be treated. I didn’t just randomly decide to post reply to you for kicks, I have been reading your arguments etc on other threads and you seem to not grasp the basic concepts of how to accept certain facts.

Its a simple fact... follow the guidelines, it’s super simple... simple... really.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
solwitch wrote:
Some posters wait for an opportunity, to pounce to make themselves feel superior... Again moderating is not easy. Thousands of different people posting, majority of them hiding their identity.

But then again as a former moderator, it can get taxing if the person constantly complains... That report button is there for a reason. I would be more worried on who’s typing behind the computer rather than be asking why the rules are stricter.

The job of a moderator isn't supposed to be the forum police.

Being shit on comes with the job. If you don't have thick enough skin you probably shouldn't be a mod.

Dealing with repeat offenders, again, comes with the job.

I don't know what kind of kids' unboxing forum you moderated, but I doubt you were much better than most of the mediocre mods are these days.
"
"
solwitch wrote:
Some posters wait for an opportunity, to pounce to make themselves feel superior... Again moderating is not easy. Thousands of different people posting, majority of them hiding their identity.

But then again as a former moderator, it can get taxing if the person constantly complains... That report button is there for a reason. I would be more worried on who’s typing behind the computer rather than be asking why the rules are stricter.

The job of a moderator isn't supposed to be the forum police.

Being shit on comes with the job. If you don't have thick enough skin you probably shouldn't be a mod.

Dealing with repeat offenders, again, comes with the job.

I don't know what kind of kids' unboxing forum you moderated, but I doubt you were much better than most of the mediocre mods are these days.

You are over exaggerating, they are not policing the the threads and no they’re not the Sith from Star Wars, be fucking awesome though.

To be honest moderating is a pain in the ass, you know anything you type is recorded? I’m just saying, anything you write becomes their property. If you accepted the new guidelines every little sentence, letter... I digress.

Anyways you guys are hilarious, I have no ill will towards anyone. Its just the nature of the beast, now do you actually think even for a second that I would post anything mean or to hurt anyone? C’mon been here years... you should look up some old threads. Fucking entertaining...

Edit; btw I know many of the posters here, I guarantee probably dissecting my quotes again on that other thread... Covid-19 LOL... You guys do know people have multiple accounts?

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Apr 6, 2020, 1:04:49 AM
"
solwitch wrote:
you seem to not grasp the basic concepts of how to accept certain facts.

Its a simple fact... follow the guidelines, it’s super simple... simple... really.

Lol, that Umbridge clip was so on point. xD You seem to have trouble even understanding what a fact is. Regularly confuse them with rules. Facts are fundamental to the world, rules are made up - and change. Then you compound that by trying to rebrand them as "guidelines" lol. One doesn't typically suffer punishment for failing to adhere to guidelines - that's the territory of rules, regulations, restrictions and many other similar terms. Simple, really.

Seriously, go watch that Umbridge clip. It's only 8 seconds long. Though there are many other great clips of her I'd recommend you reflect over as well.

"
solwitch wrote:
C’mon been here years... you should look up some old threads. Fucking entertaining...

Edit; btw I know many of the posters here, I guarantee probably dissecting my quotes again on that other thread... Covid-19 LOL... You guys do know people have multiple accounts?

Yes yes yes...we've heard aplenty about how much of a pillar of this community you are, how familiar you are with the mods and now apparently with most of the other posters here, etc. etc. You certainly like blowing your own horn, effectively advertising your social credentials for all to take note of while (on the other thread) demanding others show their academic ones. Come up with a better case than simply, "I'm so great, everyone knows me, so do as I say!" please. I realize your type places great value on social standing, but some of us also care about the strength of an argument on its own terms than just which great personage happens to be expounding it. For my part, I couldn't care less if you were secretly a GGG employee - learn to properly debate rather than relying on the tired old argumentum ab auctoritate. Of course, that would involve you actually expending some effort, so I understand if you find that idea unbearable.

Edit: Btw, stop advertising how much you're stalking me. It's creepy. And since you're such a big believer in The Law! (tm), note that it's also frowned upon. I suggest you log in to the game for a change and try to catch up for drinks with Drox. Methinks you and him will get along really well...
Last edited by Exile009 on Apr 6, 2020, 2:01:11 AM
Anyhoo, your tactic of trying to stir this thread into a nasty back and forth that gives the mods an excuse to shut it down is cute, but also transparently obvious. You might think you're pulling one over on me, but I'm afraid to inform you that you're not the only who can intuit strategy.

I've made my point about your kind, and you aren't even putting in the effort to come up with a half-decent counter-argument. You might be happy trying to win using underhanded tactics, but I'm not. I'm done indulging your silly provocations. Either engage with the topic of the tread seriously, or I'm not feeding your attempts to distract anymore.

And I'd recommend anyone else who comes by this thread do the same.

*cue messaging the mods to shut the thread down anyway so it can look like victory was achieved*
Last edited by Exile009 on Apr 6, 2020, 2:09:20 AM
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:
C’mon been here years... you should look up some old threads. Fucking entertaining...

Yes yes yes...we've heard aplenty about how much of a pillar of this community you are, how familiar you are with the mods and now apparently with most of the other posters here, etc. etc. You certainly like blowing your own horn, effectively advertising your social credentials for all to take note of while (on the other thread) demanding others show their academic ones. Come up with a better case than simply, "I'm so great, everyone knows me, so do as I say!" please. I realize your type places great value on social standing, but some of us also care about the strength of an argument on its own terms than just which great personage happens to be expounding it. For my part, I couldn't care less if you were secretly a GGG employee - learn to properly debate rather than relying on the tired old argumentum ab auctoritate. Of course, that would involve you actually expending some effort, so I understand if you find that idea unbearable.

Edit: Btw, stop advertising how much you're stalking me. It's creepy. And since you're such a big believer in The Law! (tm), note that it's also frowned upon. I suggest you log in to the game for a change and try to catch up for drinks with Drox. Methinks you and him will get along really well...

You seem to be heading into a direction that is just considered, "trolling." No matter how much you try to articulate, try to prove your point or come up with some silly rhetoric the fact still stands. You’re upset because you can’t get your way, and vast majority of your threads were closed for not following the rules.

Moderators are not the problem; you are, and the more you write, the more you push the more you make it evident. You do have the option of ignoring me. Just saying... and since this is your thread, will be the last time I comment on it. Follow the rules lol...

Damn it’s so true, "pity the living not the dead..." -Dumbledore

"
solwitch wrote:
vast majority of your threads were closed for not following the rules.

"vast majority" = one thread. When I've literally got hundreds. Can I say fake news? Lol! Moving on...
Last edited by Exile009 on Apr 6, 2020, 2:15:38 AM
Moving on, cooling down, grabbing pitchforks, hunting down the last facemasks on the streets. Humans.

State of Decay

I don´t think this new social norm is going to stick, "having to wear a mask in public", i have the right to tell my policing officers to stay away from me 10meters to prevent spread, i´d rather crack down on the origin than treat the symptoms.

One problem you two have is, you would never be able to discuss it out as you both would instantly get banned on the first sentence to become friends with each other. Alot would see it as toxicity and rather not have it on their forums, but so is the medicine, a compound of toxic chemicals that alters the function of the body. I love cortison, makes me bloat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info