Corona virus

Stay safe.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
As long as you are chilling at home. Cant imagine staying at a hospital for 2 weeks would be terribly exciting.
Seems like I caught... SOMETHING aswell. Could be my annual cold, could be something different entirely. Now I gotta wait for an appointment. Let's hope that it's just a common cold.

Edit: Well, I was told that it's highly unlikely that it's Covid-19, but I have stay at home for a week anyways. *sigh* I hate being sick.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Last edited by FCK42 on Mar 16, 2020, 1:59:02 PM
If you don't have it, you certainly might by hanging out in a doctor's office. Pity they no longer make house calls.

I literally suspended some work we are doing in our house over fear of rusty nails. I will NOT go to get a tetanus shot. So no horsing around with dangerous stuff that could precipitate a quick trip to the doctor.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
If you don't have it, you certainly might by hanging out in a doctor's office. Pity they no longer make house calls.

I literally suspended some work we are doing in our house over fear of rusty nails. I will NOT go to get a tetanus shot. So no horsing around with dangerous stuff that could precipitate a quick trip to the doctor.

This if you can manage it. Stay out of hospitals

That said, if you become ill or injured, and it's not something you can treat at home with nurse advice or first aid, don't wait until the last minute when you know you're in over your head.

--It will probably require you to be admitted to hospital, which will put you at greater risk
--You will be taking up resources and space that health teams have in scarce supply; merely being seen as an outpatient in your local clinic for something less severe is a lot easier on the system as it is now.
--By allowing your health problem to get worse, you are hurting your ability to fight any new illness including viruses, if you should get infected.

THis is one reason it's so important to have a public health nurse or doctor who knows you, is familiar with your history and living conditions. For instance, they might be less likely to send you to wait in urgent care for hours to be seen for a sprained ankle if they know you take care of both of your frail elderly parents at home, or have severe asthma.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Last edited by crunkatog on Mar 16, 2020, 2:18:47 PM
I am a weird case. Because I sweat a lot I usually have itchy throat, sneeze a bit, sometimes cough once or twice. And this all happens everyday. On the flip side I very rarely get seriously sick. Right now my throat is itching and I sneezed like a motherfucker an hour ago but I am sure I am not sick at all, just the way I am.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Mar 16, 2020, 3:20:48 PM
people need to understand that other illness still exists. not every "flu-like symptoms" is coronavirus now. people are just freaking out

the most "pandemic" thing, more than the "virus" itself is PANIC. its absolutely contagious and its going to break the world at this rate
"
xMustard wrote:
people need to understand that other illness still exists. not every "flu-like symptoms" is coronavirus now. people are just freaking out

the most "pandemic" thing, more than the "virus" itself is PANIC. its absolutely contagious and its going to break the world at this rate

Not exactly a great time for folks with seasonal rhinitis, i.e., hay fever. Folks'll wanna burn you at the stake! ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Sore throat at work today, suggested by other staff that I go home.
I work in medical equipment supply, spent most of last week working with elderly and in care facilities.
Doubt that I have "it" but may have to miss work nonetheless.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info