Development Manifesto: Balance in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

I wanted to have fun with the reworked Explosive Arrow. After looking at the Ascendancy Skill Trees for the Ranger it just seems that there is a lot better Survivability and Damage in the Pathfinder over the Marksman. Am I not seeing something?
"
fezza213 wrote:
"
GeoffC wrote:
Zombies / Spectre builds will still dominate the meta especially for HC SSF.

Zombies cast on cast when damage taken perhaps. If you wanna go minion I would suggest Golems.
"
I wanted to have fun with the reworked Explosive Arrow. After looking at the Ascendancy Skill Trees for the Ranger it just seems that there is a lot better Survivability and Damage in the Pathfinder over the Marksman. Am I not seeing something?

My god that color is hard to read (I removed it for easy reading).

Traditionally explosive arrow has been good with increased AoE (for shot gunning explosions) and very fast attack speed. The marksman gets +50% AOE which is handy, and between Tailwind (which is basically a more attack speed multiplier on top of any more attack speed) and that +1 extra arrow you can push out a lot of arrows quickly.

Not that pathfinder is a bad choice, pure single hit damage is going to be a lot higher for pathfinder. DPS wise I'm unsure without seeing the skill stats. In either case it's the difference between spewing large amounts of overlapping explosions or harder hitting slightly slower and smaller explosions.
can someone confirm one thing about "Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers"

i have never used multi mod so im not sure how it works, does this mean that i can have 2 mods, then multimod then 3 aditional bench craft?

or does the game count the "Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers" as a craft to techincally i only get 2 extra craft instead of normal 1?
...doublepost...
Last edited by Tuomari on Dec 10, 2019, 7:13:09 PM
"
Cantspel wrote:
"

My god that color is hard to read (I removed it for easy reading).

Traditionally explosive arrow has been good with increased AoE (for shot gunning explosions) and very fast attack speed. The marksman gets +50% AOE which is handy, and between Tailwind (which is basically a more attack speed multiplier on top of any more attack speed) and that +1 extra arrow you can push out a lot of arrows quickly.

Not that pathfinder is a bad choice, pure single hit damage is going to be a lot higher for pathfinder. DPS wise I'm unsure without seeing the skill stats. In either case it's the difference between spewing large amounts of overlapping explosions or harder hitting slightly slower and smaller explosions.

lol. Sorry about the Color. Thanks for your input.
"
Tuomari wrote:

i have never used multi mod so im not sure how it works, does this mean that i can have 2 mods, then multimod then 3 aditional bench craft?

or does the game count the "Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers" as a craft to techincally i only get 2 extra craft instead of normal 1?

The interesting deal would be "Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers" not being an affix anymore :) but some kind of hidden property.
Nice nerf to Physical build now need even waste more passives on some stupid stat for reducing enemy armor . Great
IGN KotsaPL
"
Similarly, the Point Blank keystone has been seeing use on many Bow and other projectile skills for a long time. We felt the damage bonus was too great at close range, forcing a close range playstyle onto a long range weapon. The keystone now provides 30% more projectile damage at close range (down from 50% more), tapering to 30% less damage at long range (from 50% less).

This ultimately does nothing to change the feeling that it forces a close-range playstyle. As long as Point Blank grants any amount of MORE DAMAGE it will be effectively mandatory for any projectile attack build.

"
As Elder and Shaper items will now be harder to obtain... we've taken this opportunity to go back and re-evaluate the power of various mods that have been added over the years through the Elder/Shaper Influence mod pool

So now that Elder and Shaper items are harder to get, they're also being made weaker? Shouldn't the things that are hardest to get be the strongest? Why bother doing them if you have easier access to better items?

"
The "Can have multiple crafted modifiers" mod has been changed, now granting "Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers". Multi-mod crafting an item was proving too powerful for too low a cost compared with rolling an item of relative power. We'll be keeping an eye on the modifier to see if further changes are required.

The mod itself may be relatively cheap, but bear in mind that crafting a good multi-mod weapon requires weeks of Syndicate and Prophecy grinding beforehand to unlock the mods you want. It's fine as it is, it gives you a clearly-defined goal to work towards.

"
Map Boss Life has been greatly increased at the highest tier of maps, and now scales much more linearly towards higher tiers, rather than jumping suddenly at Tier 16.

Have the rewards for killing them been increased to compensate or will people just skip them because it's more efficient to just immediately jump into another map?
"
Universalis wrote:
"
Tuomari wrote:

The interesting deal would be "Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers" not being an affix anymore :) but some kind of hidden property.

Yeah, maybe if it would be some implicit (that does not override potential current one)

I just hate that this was my first league where i was thinkg of crafting end game claw using multi mod after watching tutorials and reading forum posts...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info