The Water Elemental Hideout Decoration

0 chance of me spending $5 on any mtx for a hideout... especially glowy coral labeled "water elemental...."
Yeah, I'm not one to complain about the mtx prices since it seems to works out well for you and have been keeping this amazing game up for years now. But the only reason people have mtx decorations is because you put them into mystery boxes.
They should definitely come in packs for the current price, I've spent a lot of money on this game but look at all those support titles the first comets have, those guys have and spent way more money and it's all because we love playing this game. So if we all agree that it's unreasonable the current price imagine the ones that complain about armor/weapon/aura mtx prices.
Ultimately it's your decision but seems like a waster opportunity since you place so much effort into renewing the hideout system.
It’s all relative...$5 hideout deco or $25 wings or $84 armour pack?

Deco is cheap.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
I'm normally one of the first to criticize GGG's MTX pricing scheme. But I'm still suprised why there is so much negative reaction to the general notion that hideout items are priced along the lines of other MTX categories, even without taking the main contender (armour) into account.

Footprints can go up as high as 160 points, character effects up to 420, pets up to 550 and back attachments even up to 640 points. For a pair of wings. That you see 98% of a time in a far zoomed out state or don't even see at all cause of all the explosions on screen.

Compared to those, hideout decorations have probably about the same exposure, cause many players spend a good amount (some even most) of their time in it.
As with other MTX, there are better ones, where you get some bang for your buck. And then you have the less intriguing ones, either because of graphical fidelity (pre-3.0 stuff mostly), a proper "free" alternative to buy with favour points or because it doesn't really work as a standalone piece.

If you compare for example the Innocence/Sin Cathedral Decoration with the Oriath Wall/Fence decoration, there is a clear dissonance there. Both pieces are 60 points, but whereas with the windows you can achieve a truly unique look with just 1-2 pieces, you'd need at least 5-10 wall/fence sections to build anything of note, cause they are smaller than you think (...that's what GGG said).

With hideout decorations, pieces should be priced mainly around the effort it took to create them and, even more importantly, their utility. So I'd say these Water Elemental decorations might be priced right at about 20 points. You'll need at least a handful of them to make any impact, so a price cut of 2/3 seems justified. If you truly believe these should cost only 1-2 points you have your priorities wrong though, cause there is no way that a pair of silly wings could possibly represent 320 times the value of this. Unless that's your fetish.

Bottom line, we have to apply uniform standards when criticizing MTX. We can't complain about 50 point hideout decorations and at the same time continue to happily buy items for the player char for 10 times that much money.
wow i love water, AND elementals!
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
"
Redblade wrote:
I think you need to re-think hideout decorations as a MtX. I don't oppose the idea but paying for a single decoration like this isn't happening as I'd probably want 5-10 as a bare minimum for any design. At this price, for a decoration like this, I'd say at least a 10 pack should be minimum.

This, so much THIS!!!!

My 2 cents is something at this price for a HO should be sold to just use. Place anny amount any HO. Anything less and its just a insult @ this price. GL/HF
Deliberately casual, frequently occasional, inept professional player of games!
http://www.twitch.tv/ssidistik
Everybody here saying that the decoration MTX are too pricey have spent hundreds if not thousands on supporter packs, and until that stops GGG will continue to pump them out like this as MTX addicts will buy them. You guys make me chuckle to myself.
Arvsta96 :)
"
MoarStuff wrote:
I'm normally one of the first to criticize GGG's MTX pricing scheme. But I'm still suprised why there is so much negative reaction to the general notion that hideout items are priced along the lines of other MTX categories, even without taking the main contender (armour) into account.

Footprints can go up as high as 160 points, character effects up to 420, pets up to 550 and back attachments even up to 640 points. For a pair of wings. That you see 98% of a time in a far zoomed out state or don't even see at all cause of all the explosions on screen.

Compared to those, hideout decorations have probably about the same exposure, cause many players spend a good amount (some even most) of their time in it.
As with other MTX, there are better ones, where you get some bang for your buck. And then you have the less intriguing ones, either because of graphical fidelity (pre-3.0 stuff mostly), a proper "free" alternative to buy with favour points or because it doesn't really work as a standalone piece.

If you compare for example the Innocence/Sin Cathedral Decoration with the Oriath Wall/Fence decoration, there is a clear dissonance there. Both pieces are 60 points, but whereas with the windows you can achieve a truly unique look with just 1-2 pieces, you'd need at least 5-10 wall/fence sections to build anything of note, cause they are smaller than you think (...that's what GGG said).

With hideout decorations, pieces should be priced mainly around the effort it took to create them and, even more importantly, their utility. So I'd say these Water Elemental decorations might be priced right at about 20 points. You'll need at least a handful of them to make any impact, so a price cut of 2/3 seems justified. If you truly believe these should cost only 1-2 points you have your priorities wrong though, cause there is no way that a pair of silly wings could possibly represent 320 times the value of this. Unless that's your fetish.

Bottom line, we have to apply uniform standards when criticizing MTX. We can't complain about 50 point hideout decorations and at the same time continue to happily buy items for the player char for 10 times that much money.

PREACH BROTHA!!!!
Arvsta96 :)
+1 from a passionate ho creator for bulk decoration mtx sales.
"
Shade_RU_N53 wrote:
"
omgTeal wrote:
when u have ppl that spent over 5000$ in supporter packs not supporting this. you know you done something wrong.
This. I think it's the best-placed comment here.
Seriously, you should think about re-making the whole idea of hideout MTX. For example, to make a sound theme you'd need dosens of decorations. Let's make it 100 and let's pretend it'll be the one being discussed. Thus, it'll be $500 for the theme? You know that someone will probably buy that. But it's one thing having 10 well-paying "whales", the other is having 50 000 not-so-well-paying people that occasionally get some MTX's. Both are equally good for business (although the first model is far less stable), but are both equally good for attaining respect from community? For example, who in their sane mind will share a hideout template demanding $500 to create? And who in their sane mind will download it?
Unless you want to get into the "I'm not so rich to play free to play games" developer category, you'd do well to rethink your strategy. Remember: greed kills. Just look at EA and Bethesda to see where and how it can derail in an eyeblink.

this was well written and makes perfect sense, many people will agree with it, as i do.

that being said be careful when giving feedback as some employees will remove your post as they will not allow anything other than praise.

i do love this game and i have supported it with lots of money, but feel that it has much room for improvement.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info