[3.25] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, tanky, fun to play

"
Chew_Baka wrote:
Do you have a pob for artillery ballistas?

don't have clean one, but it's practically the same build. what you do is take deathbeam's pob and replace gems. Instead of scourge arrow, returning projectiles and ballista totem, do artillery ballista, elemental damage with attacks and elemental focus. Depending on your bow mods, you might want to replace one of these with flat damage gem or volatility.

otherwise the difference is that we want as many arrows as possible and don't care about odd/even count. To estimate damage put skill count as number of totems * number of arrows (it shoots 7 from gem+quality, then you add rain of splinters, etc.) / 2 - that's what internet says, not sure how accurate it is. Note that artillery ballista gains additional ballista at gem level 22, so you want +2 body armor or something. Ashes of the stars might also work well, since it'd give additional arrow.

from what I see it'd be about 5-6m dps on super scuffed setup, once you get good ele bow + clusters, you'd probably get to 10ish, once you put on soul ascension you double it, for boss encounters only though since it needs ramp time. You will not have a lot of soul eater stacks during mapping from my experience with the gloves in 3.24. It could be that I am just a slow player :) To be fair, the extra damage you need exactly on boss encounters so it's fine (it's kinda reverse hh in a sense, a lot of extra damage for bossing)

all of this is super hand wavy of course, I'll report to this thread once I actually try it next league.
Last edited by Arundel86 on Jul 23, 2024, 1:26:23 PM
Would we be able to use the "Projectiles Return To You" weapon enchant for this build, and replace Returning Projectiles support with a different support gem? Or is the Pierce all Targets while Returning and Proj Speed quality not worth the trade off?
"
aari wrote:
Would we be able to use the "Projectiles Return To You" weapon enchant for this build, and replace Returning Projectiles support with a different support gem? Or is the Pierce all Targets while Returning and Proj Speed quality not worth the trade off?

Well we dont know if this enchant will be able to be applied to bows yet, but if it does then yes, of course its worth to use it, its like 100% more damage over returning projectiles as its +1 support gem and the returning projs do full damage :d
My builds:
https://pobb.in/u/thedeathbeam
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
aari wrote:

Well we dont know if this enchant will be able to be applied to bows yet, but if it does then yes, of course its worth to use it, its like 100% more damage over returning projectiles as its +1 support gem and the returning projs do full damage :d

Hope it's work with bow (but it actually should work)
Do the starter and leveling builds have less dps than prior leagues?

Would be great if we could use a tattoo or something else to get "all damage inflicts poison".
Last edited by krad_nz on Jul 24, 2024, 7:34:47 PM
"
krad_nz wrote:
Do the starter and leveling builds have less dps than prior leagues?

Would be great if we could use a tattoo or something else to get "all damage inflicts poison".

Well the leveling setup got buffed so it should have more because the pathing is way better, but otherwise fairly similar. The starter setup also gained damage because ele bow is better than darkscorn early. But the starter setup also lost abunch of phys defense, so might've to run granite instead of jade
My builds:
https://pobb.in/u/thedeathbeam
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
But the starter setup also lost abunch of phys defense, so might've to run granite instead of jade

iiuc we got "totems taunt enemies when summoned" totem mastery back, it used to help with not getting hit a lot.

also boots have "You gain 3 Grasping Vines when you take a Critical Strike", so I imagine we want to heavily prioritize evasion over armor. If you got hit in some increased crit chance map or expedition, you might literally get stuck.
Ahh, I know things can change from the trailer video, but at 2:56 in the reveal video they show a bow in the crafting bench with the return projectiles showing as craftable on it, so here's to hoping nothing changes!

https://youtu.be/QFVLcNTXtxM?si=muWtMvE1AaB0h5u7&t=174
"
Arundel86 wrote:

also boots have "You gain 3 Grasping Vines when you take a Critical Strike", so I imagine we want to heavily prioritize evasion over armor. If you got hit in some increased crit chance map or expedition, you might literally get stuck.

small reminder that poisoned enemies can't crit us
Last edited by DarkDogma on Jul 25, 2024, 9:48:13 AM
FYI, you can now buy shield charge in Act 1, which should be a big buff if you are doing Pconc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info