[3.25] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, tanky, fun to play

"
krad_nz wrote:
I'm looking forward to PoB update so I can take a better look.

check out this reddit post - you can already use the beta version

re: expenses, I am only worried about prismatic oil - unclear how rare it'd be. On the positive side it'd be available via auction house presumably, so no need to ping 200 people on the trade site.

Worst case TR ballistas can get you to first two voidstones and further with just quillrain and wilma's, but so far I am hoping to switch to poison ballistas around uber lab.
"
Arundel86 wrote:
"
krad_nz wrote:
I'm looking forward to PoB update so I can take a better look.

check out this reddit post - you can already use the beta version

re: expenses, I am only worried about prismatic oil - unclear how rare it'd be. On the positive side it'd be available via auction house presumably, so no need to ping 200 people on the trade site.

Worst case TR ballistas can get you to first two voidstones and further with just quillrain and wilma's, but so far I am hoping to switch to poison ballistas around uber lab.

Thanks for the Pob link!

Yeah its easy to forget that the journey is most of the fun. Sometimes deferring expensive items can result in some interesting alternatives.
"
krad_nz wrote:
Yeah its easy to forget that the journey is most of the fun. Sometimes deferring expensive items can result in some interesting alternatives.

yeah, there would be a lot of iterative upgrades here. You basically need prismatic oil for the annoint + boots + throw few essences on a bow to get started. From there I feel like you'd be getting a lot of upgrades by just doing harvest reforge chaos on [fractured] bases (note that for example flat chaos damage on a bow can ONLY be T1, that's why I am eyeing harvest. Plus chaos reforge on hunter quiver is one of the popular ways to get dot multi quiver). It'd be easy to get something useful because almost anything goes:
1. ANY flat damage
2. dot multi / chaos dot multi
3. increased elemental damage
4. increased chaos damage
5. increased damage with bow skills
6. attack speed
7. projectile speed
8. life/res

there's cheap stuff like prismweave belt which adds a lot of damage to my scuffed early setup (I will be trying artillery ballista but it's basically the same build with different support gems)

you can also always go nuclear and get offensive chest - covenant / replica convenant / hyrri's ire (also solves suppression and has massive evasion, but all bow bros want it, so will not be cheap early)

i feel like true endgame would be to recombinator craft some insane quiver (dot multi + flat damage + life + projectile speed + ...) and try out widowhail spark pob deathbeam has nearby ballista one :) It's a lot of the same unique jewels etc., so would be "natural" progression.
Is the transition to scourge arrow now gated behind the new prismatic oil?

We use the dark marionette spectre because its just better than the holy relic?
"
zZantroZz wrote:
Is the transition to scourge arrow now gated behind the new prismatic oil?

We use the dark marionette spectre because its just better than the holy relic?

Pretty much. And yes Dark Marionette respawns itself so its much better than Relic.

Finally finished updating the build btw. In the end I decided to skip Impossible Escape and Unnatural Instict in favour of pathing to shadow instead and grabbing Anathema. Its a lot more currency efficient.

Settlers of Kalguur League Update
* Replaced Ralakesh's Impatience with Inextricable Fate
* Replaced Olesya's Delight with Tides Of Time
* Replaced Snakebite with Soul Ascension
* Replaced Darkscorn with rare elemental bow
* Replaced The Covenant with Doppelganger Guise
* Replaced Sorrow of the Divine with Taste of Hate
* Replaced Summon Holy Relic with Raise Spectre with Dark Marionette
* Reworked all trees - Thanks to Panopticon position change and Lethal Pride nerf we dont need t path to marauder anymore so instead we path to shadow now
* Reworked build defenses completely - Thanks to Taste of Hate buff (yes it was a buff!) we can now use it as pseudo Divine Flesh and stack maximum cold resistance and covert portion of other elemental damage we take to cold. We now also use Doppelganger Guise to solve Phys and Chaos defenses.
* Reworked build damage scaling - Thanks to Inextricable Fate and Vinespike Cordial we can now scale our damage with tri ele bow, which means we also dont need to use Darkscorn and Covenant anymore, freeing up a lot of investment space and defense space. We now also grab Soul Ascension as we dont need Snakebite to solve poison chance anymore.
In the end this gives us around 25% more damage and around 3x EHP and 2x max hit compared to before, so massive build buffs :) Only downside is Soul Ascension stacking obviously.
My builds:
https://pobb.in/u/thedeathbeam
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Jul 21, 2024, 12:21:59 PM
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

Finally finished updating the build btw. In the end I decided to skip Impossible Escape and Unnatural Instict in favour of pathing to shadow instead and grabbing Anathema. Its a lot more currency efficient.

<3
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

In the end this gives us around 25% more damage and around 3x EHP and 2x max hit compared to before, so massive build buffs :) Only downside is Soul Ascension stacking obviously.

Great work, I've played this game a fair bit but doubt I could put this all together so quickly.

Was thinking of running a Bleed-Glad for a change but I think I'll stick with this for another league.

Good luck everyone!

Edit: "Pob Last updated" is saying March 2024, might want to change it.
Last edited by krad_nz on Jul 21, 2024, 5:41:36 PM
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

Panopticon position change

Panopticon has been completely removed hasn't it?

Edit: I didn't see that Surveillance now has +1 ballista totems. We good.
Last edited by krad_nz on Jul 21, 2024, 6:51:51 PM
I have a few questions - why is Storm Rain in the build, what cheap flask can I replace progenesis if I can find 75 chaos resist from other sources, and why in the top right in poison passives do we take poison chance?
"
who_umbala wrote:
I have a few questions - why is Storm Rain in the build, what cheap flask can I replace progenesis if I can find 75 chaos resist from other sources, and why in the top right in poison passives do we take poison chance?

Storm Rain is for stacking Soul Ascension, and there are alternatives for progenesis in the main post under default build section. But also we dont use Darkscorn anymore and together with doppel, going for 75% chaos res is not necessary anymoer so you also do not need to worry about it that much.
My builds:
https://pobb.in/u/thedeathbeam
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
who_umbala wrote:

Storm Rain is for stacking Soul Ascension, and there are alternatives for progenesis in the main post under default build section. But also we dont use Darkscorn anymore and together with doppel, going for 75% chaos res is not necessary anymoer so you also do not need to worry about it that much.

Thanks a lot

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info