[3.7] 1H-Impale Cyclone Champion/Slayer - 16M+ Shaper DPS Fullbuffed / 158%-220% Movspeed Speedy Boy

Coming back from 1year+ break (quit on Abyss League), using this as a template.
Probably gonna stop around lvl 93-94 as usual, haven't decided on skill tree yet so i'm just yoloing with self-found stuff so far and grabbing nearby nodes that look alright, been pretty smooth.

Just hit 70 at Blood Aqueducts, gonna be finishing acts + merc lab and grabbing some better gear/flasks and setting up gems/links once i start mapping.

Spoiler

Ooof finished labs and got some upgrades, starting to map now, gonna work on better weps and 5/6L now
Spoiler
Last edited by Phosphenez on Jun 16, 2019, 12:58:54 AM
For the Watcher's eye with impale...how would you add that into your POB and have it calculate? For example we can use this on a piece of gear to see the 'real' damage.

-Pride
20% More damage
-Slayer Proximity
15% more Damage
-Close Combat
59% more Damage
-Impale
102% more Damage

With the watcher's eye, what would you add to that?
Last edited by teebeewhy on Jun 15, 2019, 9:14:36 PM
Hey there,

Swapped over from Ngamahu Slayer and am absolutely loving this build. Having a blast. Mapping is a breeze and boss damage is great as well. Also, it's great to have someone so helpful writing a guide. Thanks for your time spent here answering questions.

Wondering about where to go from here with my character, though. I know next step for me is 6L Bronn's, and eventually, once damage is out of control I'd like to swap to 6L Belly. I also know that I need higher level gems. Working on it. :)

That said, after that I'm not so sure. I've been looking at weapons, and in PoB I can't seem to find anything that gives more DPS than my Scaeva. Like.. even 400-450 pDPS Foils are less damage for some reason. Is this accurate? Should I replace it with a 370+ pDPS foil anyway?

Any advice regarding next steps/gearing would be appreciated!

Also my PoB in case I'm missing something there.. https://pastebin.com/eBWHYy63

Thanks!

Uber Elder was an absolute breeze using the Slayer version. Gonna gather up some more currency to buy a 6l Belly and spec into Champ now and maybe test blade flurry with this. Thanks for the guide.
Quick question, im positive this has been probably answered someone in the thread, but is the haste there mainly for vaal haste?

I don't have enough reserved mana to run pride/blood&sand/flesh&stone/dread banner as well as haste. I assume we're using vaal haste mainly for the vaal haste buff?
"
streetRossi wrote:
"
Milkduds47 wrote:
Hi! Loving the build so far and am looking into crafting a new foil for myself.

This question is for you or anyone else who has any insight into this.

Is it better to alteration spam a foil or fossil craft it, and if fossil

crafting what fossils should I use? I have tried doing Jagged, Prismatic,

Corroded, and Sanctified, but it seems a little too expensive with no results!

Thanks!

I alt spammed these 2. Sitting at almost 2million shaper dps fully buffed

How many alts? I just used 1000 in the last day and didnt hit above t3 physical. WTF am I insanely unlucky?
sorry please ignore
Last edited by MiggySmalls on Jun 15, 2019, 11:42:46 PM
Hey I just killed Kitava recently and having a hard time understanding how to survive maps. I can't even kill T1 maps. Here's my gear currently, if you have any suggestions or critique please feel free to tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for your time and patience
Last edited by MigJagger on Jun 15, 2019, 11:50:58 PM
"
GonzoHarratec wrote:
So I'm very happily running as a champion, kinda hyrbid between your DPS and Tanky trees. I'm probably going to run Fortify on the 6L once I get it, and I was going to replace that slot in Leap Slam with Blood Magic.

Is there anything you would recommend to replace fortify in the leap slam setup besides that?

I can't find anything else that would really do much, so the QoL Blood magic seems like the move.

Yea I'd also suggest Blood Magic honestly. Maybe cull to go faster and have that 10% finish. But that's up to you honestly :p

"
mcarthur wrote:
How good is the +2 impale hit watcher's eye for this build?

It's a 40% more multiplier on Impale, so I'd definitely go for it :D

"
FreeLancerTr wrote:
I was wondering what is my next step to upgrade gear would be? and should i add all dps fixes to my build ? here is my pastebin plz help https://pastebin.com/rusENi3J

Heya, na doesn't need the dps fixes. Char overall looks pretty solid, next things to aim for would be Impale last for 2 additional Hits on a Watcher's Eye, Gloves with Phys Damage, 2nd Ring with -# to total mana cost of skills so you're actually on 0 costs, Swords above 400 pDps (go over 550 if you craft them with hybrid and hit another T1 Phys roll with the regal).

If you're feeling like you die to much, you could also go with the tanky version, but you're really looking solid as far as I can see it.

"
buongvkl wrote:
champion ichimonji (5 aura) carried me to t16 minotaur so far. the dps is over the rooftop. ive accumulated enough currencies to grab 2 430dps foil for myself so i decide to switch to slayer for biggie aoe + no phys reflect to map full time. any notable unique i should grab for better dmg/survivalbility/qol/gameplay ? ty

One Minor one would be Lion's Roar. Helps you a lot both offensively and defensively, as long as you can push stuff away you're less prone to die - obviously.

Only big ones I'd aim for are the Watcher's Eye and maybe, if you can fix int elsewhere, a Phyical Impresence. You gotta grab some Additional Curse somewhere or drop the punishment alltogehter. But that is really really far in the endgame honestly.

"
teebeewhy wrote:
For the Watcher's eye with impale...how would you add that into your POB and have it calculate? For example we can use this on a piece of gear to see the 'real' damage.

-Pride
20% More damage
-Slayer Proximity
15% more Damage
-Close Combat
59% more Damage
-Impale
102% more Damage

With the watcher's eye, what would you add to that?

Watcher's eye just applies to Impale itself again. So if you got the calculator you just add +2 to the "Impales Stacks Inflicted Per Impale" - which will eventually lead to 40% more damage, so our impale multiplier goes up to 142%, roughly.

"
holymnemonic wrote:
Hey there,

Swapped over from Ngamahu Slayer and am absolutely loving this build. Having a blast. Mapping is a breeze and boss damage is great as well. Also, it's great to have someone so helpful writing a guide. Thanks for your time spent here answering questions.

Wondering about where to go from here with my character, though. I know next step for me is 6L Bronn's, and eventually, once damage is out of control I'd like to swap to 6L Belly. I also know that I need higher level gems. Working on it. :)

That said, after that I'm not so sure. I've been looking at weapons, and in PoB I can't seem to find anything that gives more DPS than my Scaeva. Like.. even 400-450 pDPS Foils are less damage for some reason. Is this accurate? Should I replace it with a 370+ pDPS foil anyway?

Any advice regarding next steps/gearing would be appreciated!

Also my PoB in case I'm missing something there.. https://pastebin.com/eBWHYy63

Thanks!

So Scaeva is really tough to beat, yes, but that's mostly due to the fact that its hard to get a solid critfoil in your hands. Most ppl tend to just go for %increased phys, add # to # phys damage and attack speed, while the critchance is left open. Cause its simply easier to alt/regal spam and craft the remaining on it. You'll definitely beat the Scaeva if you get a decent weapon in your hands. Which for me happened with a 330pDps foil. It also comes down to how much crit you've specced already.

My priority would be: Diamond-Flasks (this is really big, since it increases our crit a lot), Diamond/Steelrings with Int, Adds # to # Physical, Life, Resfix -> Boots with higher Life -> Foilcraft with 330pDps+ -> Stronger DPS-jewels (the one on the bottom is fine). That should all be somewhat ok to do, and the 6-link of course :p

"
Malira wrote:
Quick question, im positive this has been probably answered someone in the thread, but is the haste there mainly for vaal haste?

I don't have enough reserved mana to run pride/blood&sand/flesh&stone/dread banner as well as haste. I assume we're using vaal haste mainly for the vaal haste buff?

Exactly, only for the vaal portion of the gem :D

"
MigJagger wrote:
Hey I just killed Kitava recently and having a hard time understanding how to survive maps. I can't even kill T1 maps. Here's my gear currently, if you have any suggestions or critique please feel free to tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for your time and patience

Heya, so mainthing is your resistances are almost all in the minus area. While chaos is fine for the most part, the others are not.

I suggest:
-grabbing 2 Two-Stone rings with a lot of resistances and Life that are affordable to you
-check for gloves with high res and some life on them
-You could temporarily run with a Bismuth flask, which gives you another 35% all resistances, but that's not really an option for the long run.
-Your Cast When Damage Taken is too Low and your Immortal Call too high. If you read Cast when Damage Taken, it tells you which level of gems it can support. These Levels have to match, so Immortal call has to have the gemlevel that is displayed in Cast when Damage Taken to actually be used by it. This is an automated setup to give you a defense boost whenever something hits you quite hard.

I suggest starting with level 6-7 Cast When Damage Taken an level 8 Immortal Call. You will prbly have intelligence issues here, try to top yourself off at the crafting bench in your hideout, this is really helpful in earlygame cause you can craft a bunch of Resistances, Attributes + Life to fix problems you have with the gear you dropped.

You're also running Flesh and Stone + Maim Support and no other Auras, I suggest grabbing the Pride Aura too for now, so you get some more damage going. If you run into Mana issues, spec into Spirit void on your skilltree.

DPS wise you're sadly also a bit behind but you can fix that rather easy. Try to buy a Scaeva Sword, which you put in your mainhand, and either any random rare sword with Physical Damage of 280 or higher or grab a Prismatic Eclipse.

Also it's probably time to go to the lab, you only have the first one done, you could at least do the 2nd one, that one really helps you in maps with healing against incoming damage.

So long story short:
-Grab more Total Resistances
-Some more Life
-Pride Aura on
-cast when damage taken up to 7
-Immortal Call down to 9 (just buy a new one and level)
-Bismuth Flask (maybe) otherwise Silver Flask or Diamond Flask, whatever you find first
-Grab Scaeva(Mainhand!) + Rare weapon (280 physical damage) or Prismatic Eclipse

That should help you out for a while and keep you alive in maps with some solid damage.
Streamlink: https://www.twitch.tv/szynima
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChwoAYZn8wbwAwE1260cMdw

My Builds
1H-Impale Cyclone Champion/Slayer: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2514647
Last edited by Szynima on Jun 15, 2019, 11:53:31 PM
Hey, this build is fucking awesome. I respec'd then managed to do guardians with all low level gems easily-- nearly insta melted them. Only died once due to a glitch so far-- really tanky build even on the full damage tree! Going to try Shaper for the first time soon on a 5L, then maybe get a 6L before Uber.

What timeless jewels do you guys recommend? I got a Doryani's + Soul Tether, but I haven't bothered to spec it in yet. Watcher's Eye + Tempered Flesh + Timeless + One rare jewel sounds nice

Edit: Tempered Flesh gives 70% crit multi on the left side of the tree! Damnn. I might spec into Doryani + Soul Tether for 26% more EHP, but I'll most likely lose the ability to spec into those 2 damage clusters next by it. Don't really know if it's worth it or not. Would a Watcher's Eye with 50% crit multi or 13% attack speed be better? Single roll precision watcher eyes are pretty cheap, I think. Still undecided on the Timeless, cuz' besides Doryani I heard lethal pride in the duelist area can give hella crit chance, crit multi, etc. But I'm just not sure which one is the good one

Edit: Oh shit, you already did it. I saw the post in this thread recommending Paradoxica as well as the Doryani jewel + Soul tether earlier as well
Last edited by marixalijustice on Jun 16, 2019, 2:28:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info