Balance in Path of Exile: Legion

"
Only real issue, outside of a lack of Scion mentions, is Warlord's. Not because of the mana. I'll grab mana nodes, use a Clarity, or w/e even Poacher's to fix that,

Poachers only for attack hits.
Great news and good work.
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
I agree with the sentiment most people voice here.

I am not that upset about the changes to ES (even though I mostly play ES characters) - the gear available with synthesis, fossils + quality was plain stupid.

What I am *really* upset about is that literally everyone who plays this game for a more then a month or two did realize upon just reading the modifiers of POE-DB and the patchnotes that this stuff is gonna be busted. It was a really sad joke to first nerf ES items hard and then buffing them again via fossils etc three leagues later.

I think ES will still be fine in Legion. The nerfes propably actually bring ES back in line to where it should be.

What sucks is the following: Meanwhile Lifebased builds will be a tad overbuffed. People will flock to it. Then you will nerf life a gain a bit till you then rework things completely in 4.0

It is this constant shuffling of players from one mechanic and class/playstyle to the other, simply because you would cripple your own enjoyment (particularily in a trade league) by not playing the new meta since it is just *so* much more powerful.

People enjoy certain class fantasys and power archetypes. It sucks feeling like an idiot when you do play those personal favourites 'against the meta' simply because the meta is just that much more powerful.

Adjust balance! Thats cool! Don't be freaking dense about it when you introduce new shit that is so obviously busted (statsticks, metacraft ES, % as extra chaos, and after legion the 'hits can't be evaded' mod will get a heavy nerf...) it basically forces people into a playstyle since the powerdifference between meta and 'old stuff' is so huge.

TL;DR: Captivate us with cool new gameplay mechanics, additions to lore, rewarding bossfights, cool mapmods etc - not this silly and super demotivating numbershuffling from one playstyle to the other.

Thank you for this. That's explain everything I had to say about all of this chain of changes during past leagues. Every league you see yourself pushed to shuffle the builds you do because of these changes, is not what we as players want to do but what they imply to you to do every league.
"
Educmack wrote:
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
I agree with the sentiment most people voice here.

I am not that upset about the changes to ES (even though I mostly play ES characters) - the gear available with synthesis, fossils + quality was plain stupid.

What I am *really* upset about is that literally everyone who plays this game for a more then a month or two did realize upon just reading the modifiers of POE-DB and the patchnotes that this stuff is gonna be busted. It was a really sad joke to first nerf ES items hard and then buffing them again via fossils etc three leagues later.

I think ES will still be fine in Legion. The nerfes propably actually bring ES back in line to where it should be.

What sucks is the following: Meanwhile Lifebased builds will be a tad overbuffed. People will flock to it. Then you will nerf life a gain a bit till you then rework things completely in 4.0

It is this constant shuffling of players from one mechanic and class/playstyle to the other, simply because you would cripple your own enjoyment (particularily in a trade league) by not playing the new meta since it is just *so* much more powerful.

People enjoy certain class fantasys and power archetypes. It sucks feeling like an idiot when you do play those personal favourites 'against the meta' simply because the meta is just that much more powerful.

Adjust balance! Thats cool! Don't be freaking dense about it when you introduce new shit that is so obviously busted (statsticks, metacraft ES, % as extra chaos, and after legion the 'hits can't be evaded' mod will get a heavy nerf...) it basically forces people into a playstyle since the powerdifference between meta and 'old stuff' is so huge.

TL;DR: Captivate us with cool new gameplay mechanics, additions to lore, rewarding bossfights, cool mapmods etc - not this silly and super demotivating numbershuffling from one playstyle to the other.

Thank you for this. That's explain everything I had to say about all of this chain of changes during past leagues. Every league you see yourself pushed to shuffle the builds you do because of these changes, is not what we as players want to do but what they imply to you to do every league.

+1 to both
"
Walltrigger wrote:
So many nerfs lol. Just remove headhunter already.

Why would you want to remove one of the biggest fun from PoE? Are you nuts?

"
CrowdCritter wrote:
here are plenty of options left for your mana sustain (...)flasks (would be kind of investment to sacrifice a flask slot and some flask nodes on the tree right?)

Have you ever used mana flask with 150 unreserved mana?
"
Varskar wrote:
"
Walltrigger wrote:
So many nerfs lol. Just remove headhunter already.

Why would you want to remove one of the biggest fun from PoE? Are you nuts?

"
CrowdCritter wrote:
here are plenty of options left for your mana sustain (...)flasks (would be kind of investment to sacrifice a flask slot and some flask nodes on the tree right?)

Have you ever used mana flask with 150 unreserved mana?
ignore those guys, both are noobs
Me (a casual) before synthesis: looks like casters are meta now and the league mechanic is inaccessible so will wait to play a caster later so that the gear will be cheaper.

GGG employee 1: what if we took caster and like... fucked them up real good?
GGG employee 2: how good?
GGG employee 1: REAL GOOD
GGG employee 2: ok

Me: Excusez-moi, 何?

OK ok, enough of this...
We don't know to what degree ES or bane or winter orb or whatever were nerfed. I am still fairly new to the game but after looking up the wiki, PoB and such I really don't see a good source of mana sustain for casters. The only things that are realistic rn are flasks, shaper rings, shaper gloves or reduced mana cost from passives. The last option is available almost exclusively for templars who also happen to have a great source of ES and armor by stacking mana.

caster templar-only league...?
either way, the salt is strong in this one

You can also use mana leech in a movement skill but idk how this would turn out.

Edit: a boot enchant may solve the mana problem but it's a very valuable slot and I don't know if it's a fair trade
Last edited by SzybkiDiego020 on Jun 4, 2019, 9:29:53 AM
thanks for the nerfs as always
I will still play the league, but the Warlord`s mark assassination will not be forgotten.I will still hate you for killing things I love, every league.Have a good day GGG.
THANK YOU GGG, PERFECT CHANGES! Don't listen to all the crybabies because their OP builds got nerfed. The only thing I'm kinda disappointed is no bleed/poison buff, but apart from that PERFECT. Keep up the good work!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info