Underused Skills Challenge - SC Betrayal SSF- Goes live ~ 16 hours from post

INTRODUCTION

I will again be funding the league to get it started. The league will be created Saturday, February 9th at Noon USA Central, so the first people interested just need to be invited. Then hopefully it can be crowdfunded from there.

EDIT: I can't add people until league creation goes live (one of the main limitations of this Private League System). You'll need to apply to the league on the actual league page, which I will post when it goes live! Thanks!

Countdown Timer

Reddit Thread

Discord

Private League Link (Will be added when created): Link for League

Okay, so I massively screwed up. I was trying to do too many things and accidentally created the league in Betrayal SC, not Betrayal SSF SC. I hope everyone will be honorable considering the gem restrictions are honor based anyway. I also emailed support to see if it could be fixed somehow, but they said no. Again I apologize.

Mods are SC Betrayal SSF, Increased Monster Damage (tier 2), Increased Monster Life (tier 2), Added Phys as Elemental to Monsters (tier 2); Multi Proj to Monsters; Increased Monster Speed (tier 2)

Just a quick tip: Brutus is absolutely insane with these mods, so you've been warned :)

Chat: /global 15551

NOTICES

First, if you are able, please contribute to the crowdfunds as they are updated. On average it amounts to like $.60 per person. But if people aren't crowdfunding, people are stuck waiting to get in. So please consider throwing some extra points at it.

Second, if you decide to quit, please message me on reddit or through PoE ingame or account messages. It's very difficult for me to tell if people aren't playing, and I don't want to cut someone who is still playing the league. If you aren't playing, that's a spot that someone else could be using!

Third, I chose the skills based off data from both Betrayal and SSF Betrayal leagues on Poe.ninja. The cutoff was generally 0.1% usage with 5+ links. Then I solicited advice from reddit to see if I missed anything big, or if there were any clear opportunities for exploit. I'm open to arguments until the league goes live, but check poe.ninja to see where the skill is at before posting please.

PRIZES/GOALS

Prizes are in Standard Permanent League if interested. I don't have much currency, but I'll see if I have any other cool stuff. If anyone wants to donate something fun like a Demigod's or alt-art, let me know!

1. First Shaper Kill: You are the undisputed King of Crappy Skills (I know of no way to monitor this - another thing that would be cool to add to private leagues somehow)
2. Anyone else who kills Shaper: You can join the King's Court and scoff at all the other plebeians
3. Top level of each class: 5 exalts
4. Deepest Delves: 10 ex for 1st, 5 ex for 2nd.

RULES

You must make your profile and characters public, otherwise there is no way to see that you are playing the allowed skills below.

As soon as you enter Merveil's Cavern (when you get access to lvl 12 gems) and beyond, you can only use the following "underused" skills and/or their Vaal version:

APPROVED SKILLS

Golems (only Lightning, Chaos, or Stone)
Icestorm
Magma Orb
Power Siphon
Animate Guardian
Wither
Frost Bomb
Lacerate
Ancestral Protector
Charged Dash
Lancing Steel
Fire Trap
Lightning Strike
Earthquake
Ice Crash
Wild Strike
Incinerate
Dual Strike
Flamethrower Trap
Vigilant Strike
Ethereal Knives
Firestorm
Cremation
Shrapnel Shot
Molten Shell
Dark Pact (see note below regarding Summon Skeleton)
Flame Surge
Mirror Arrow
Storm Burst
Contagion (No essence drain, so if you want to use Contagion (which I don't recommend, knock yourself out!)
Explosive Trap
Static Strike
Flame Totem
Spectral Shield Throw
Siege Ballista
Viper Strike
Molten Shell
Split Arrow
Burning Arrow
Animate Weapon
Heavy Strike
Infernal Blow
Shockwave Totem
Explosive Arrow
Puncture
Sweep
Ice Trap
Lightning Tendrils
Conversion Trap
Freeze Mine
Frenzy
Glacial Hammer
Siphoning Trap
Detonate Dead
Storm Burst
Seismic Trap
Frost Wall
Fire Nova Mine
Blast Rain
Ball Lightning
Orb of Storms

OTHER

Defensive skills: Molten Shell, Tempest Shield, Immortal call, Bear Trap etc. - all defensive skills are okay

Skeletons: Because of Summon Skeleton's unique interaction with Dark Pact, you can use a 4-Link Summon Skeleton NOT Vaal Summon Skeleton, with any of the following support gems (Fortify, Minion Life, Minion and Totem Elemental Resist, Spell Totem, Empower). With or without summon skele, Dark Pact use is very low.

Golems: You can use any of the three golems listed above in any way you choose. However, Ice Golem and Flame Golem may only be unlinked, or linked to defensive support gems (like minion life) or CWDT.

Heralds: This was a big oversight last time! You may use any heralds so long as they are unlinked (Enlighten Support being the only exception). Banners have the same rule (you can use Generosity with banners).

Other Exceptions: corpse creation skills, offerings, auras, curses, support gems and skills (molten shell, warcries, blood rage, arctic armor, etc). counterattacks (these CAN be linked to damage supports if you choose), non-damaging totems, and movement skills (except cyclone, consecrated path, and flicker strike). You can use Ancestral Warchief totem for the buff only (i.e. unlinked).

EDITS

I've added Frost Wall, Blast Rain, Fire Nova Mine, Ball Lightning; Summon Skeletons (Not Vaal, and with restrictions above). Clarified that Offerings are just fine and that Banners can be linked to Generosity; you CAN use spell totem or Ranged Attack Totem with any of the listed skills. You can't use damaging natural totem skills that aren't listed. This is confusing as the only damaging natural totem skill that was not listed is Ancestral Warchief Totem. You can't use that as a main skill, but can use it unlinked for the buff if you want as previously stated. Sorry if you thought you couldn't use totems :(

Check back before launch to see if there were any other additions or omissions.

Also, if anyone has thoughts on a league that restricted top Ascendancies I'd like to hear your thoughts!

HARDCORE

Maybe I'll go back to HC next time. It was fun seeing the leaderboard wipe constantly, but I wanted to open it up to more people this time

Also, I'd like to see what people do for endgame since very few people made it even close in HC. I'd guess at least 25% didnt get past brutus, and 5-10% didnt even make it off the beach

If I go back to HC I think I might tune down the difficulty mods to tier 1

Since a few people are asking and about 20-25% voted for Hardcore in the poll earlier, I would have no problem if someone wanted to create a Hardcore mirror league and fund or crowdfund it. If you do, I'll edit the post and add a link and explain that it's run independently. All I ask is that if you create post for a mirror league, you link to the reddit thread and the official forum thread so people know they can play softcore too. The way private leagues work right now, it's just too much work to manage two leagues at once.
Last edited by jolsen26 on Feb 9, 2019, 1:45:52 PM
Last bumped on Feb 18, 2019, 10:57:58 AM
Sign me up! u/Kotobeast from reddit
Sign me up!
Sign me up, too!
"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
seems fun i want to join this league add me please
Sign me up pls
sign me up as well
im in
Hi, sign me up pls
Hey! Sign me up :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info