The Ossuary Or Harbour Bridge For Syndicate Rep?

"
Zionyaru wrote:

Bridge for research.

Ossuary for intervention.

Bridge feels better overall, but getting the intervention events to spawn can be a total pain. You can get better coverage for it in Ossuary. (Although I do bridge anyway because my farming build loves linear layouts.)

I'm not positive that different places have different spawns. I can't imagine why GGG would program it that way vs an easier-to-implement random roll used everywhere (with or without weights).

"
xPeleusx wrote:

Ok, folks, you have piqued my interest in this whole Syndicate farming.

Why do you do it, is it for the Scarabs.

Is it for Vorici and the white sockets.

Is it for Gravicius and the Div Cards.

Is it to farm mastermind.

Is it all of the above.

I found this and been using this to help me, but I have not been focusing on just doing Syndicate runs.

Seems the Majority is for Harbour Bridge, but I will check out all three tonight for a change of pace.

I've been farming for Intervention + Research. Full 5-person divisions. Now I'm looking into doing 2-person divisions and seeing how that modifies things (spawn rates and time between safehouses). My setups are (in rough order of value added):
Research (5-person): It That Fled, Vorici, Hillock, and any 2 others you like (I use Korell and Leo)
Intervention (2-person): It That fled, Vorici

Intervention (5-person): Cameria, Gravicius, Rin, Haku, and someone you like (I use Jorgin)
Intervention (2-person): Cameria, Gravicius

Mastermind seems to be a waste of time as it is currently implemented; I will probably do it once at the end of the league and that's about it. It resets your Syndicate and the rewards are rather small compared to just running the safehouses.

For me, I run Foothills because while it has a worst-case time similar to Bridge, the average is much lower in my experience. I think the optimal would likely be Twilight Strand in act 6 if you were making a new character. But there is a break-even point for new characters (see in the spreadsheet below).

Here's my data thusfar:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pcPM2PAW1JtBOWrfVOvnB-NfJyYtbuGzgrrCAO-ff6M/edit#gid=1205364765

"
Foogalicious wrote:
"
rhoadesd20 wrote:
"
Westwood1121 wrote:
I tried Ossuary. I didn't like it. Harbour Bridge is far quicker for me.

I had the opposite, I think on average I spent more time in bridge per run than ossuary. A lot of that is simply because fortification in ossuary is right at the beginning (and I swear 1/3rd of my spawns, at least, are fortification). For bridge, a lot of times it would be at the complete other end.

Intervention generally spawned in about the same time-frame, for me, regardless of zone.

Research and Transport could be from anywhere at very beginning to very end of route for both zones.

Takes, what, 30 seconds to run bridge end-to-end with quicksilver going? So even if your encounter is at the opposite end, it is STILL a good deal faster to find than if you have syndicate hiding at some random spot in Ossuary. And you can simply exit the far end of the bridge and start your next run from there, unlike Ossuary. So I'm sorry, but you are wrong. Empirically. Mathematically. And possibly even morally. But I forgive you.

What evidence do you have for this? Mine shows Ossuary and Bridge are about equivalent.

Here's my data so far; I would be very interested in seeing yours.
"
FathomWheel wrote:
I'm not positive that different places have different spawns. I can't imagine why GGG would program it that way vs an easier-to-implement random roll used everywhere (with or without weights).

You've somehow completely misread them. They aren't saying interventions are generated at a lower incidence, they're saying that for whatever reason, the AI that decides when you get ambushed can frequently fail to ambush you across the entirety of the harbor bridge, causing you to have to backtrack, stand around, and run in circles a bit to get them to ambush you. Anyone farming harbour bridge should've noticed that by now.

Anyway, I'm here to report back after trying foothills: most miserable two hours of my ENTIRE LIFE.

I'm now entirely convinced that the people who answered foothills are simultaneously running blink arrow *and* maphack. Jesus christ, maybe coverage is faster for a bot, but that was completely unplayable for me. Ew. God. I need to wash that disgusting zone off of myself in the ocean at the harbour bridge now.
Last edited by codetaku on Jan 22, 2019, 6:55:21 PM
"
codetaku wrote:
the AI that decides when you get ambushed can frequently fail to ambush you across the entirety of the harbor bridge, causing you to have to backtrack, stand around, and run in circles a bit to get them to ambush you. Anyone farming harbour bridge should've noticed that by now.

I've run down the bridge dead centre probably about 500 times now and this has happened to me literally zero times. If it's happening to you, then maybe you're sightseeing off to either side for a stretch and that's why the encounter fails to trigger.

One thing I have had happen though is the stupid Jorgin bug where he is unkillable. Happened a whole bunch of times. And today, I had Jorgin's card come up and he stopped attacking me, but my minions kept going nuts firing at him nonstop while we talked terms. (that was weird!)
Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Stay stupid.
Last edited by Foogalicious on Jan 22, 2019, 7:17:54 PM
"
Foogalicious wrote:
"
codetaku wrote:
the AI that decides when you get ambushed can frequently fail to ambush you across the entirety of the harbor bridge, causing you to have to backtrack, stand around, and run in circles a bit to get them to ambush you. Anyone farming harbour bridge should've noticed that by now.

I've run down the bridge dead centre probably about 500 times now and this has happened to me literally zero times. If it's happening to you, then maybe you're sightseeing off to either side for a stretch and that's why the encounter fails to trigger.

One thing I have had happen though is the stupid Jorgin bug where he is unkillable. Happened a whole bunch of times. And today, I had Jorgin's card come up and he stopped attacking me, but my minions kept going nuts firing at him nonstop while we talked terms. (that was weird!)

same here, hundreds of lap, never had an ambush fail to pop.

my jorgin alwyas does that too. seems like the fix was have him auto cull himself when low life haha.
The Rich Get Richer, the Po Stay Po.
"
codetaku wrote:
"
FathomWheel wrote:

You've somehow completely misread them. They aren't saying interventions are generated at a lower incidence, they're saying that for whatever reason, the AI that decides when you get ambushed can frequently fail to ambush you across the entirety of the harbor bridge, causing you to have to backtrack, stand around, and run in circles a bit to get them to ambush you. Anyone farming harbour bridge should've noticed that by now.

Anyway, I'm here to report back after trying foothills: most miserable two hours of my ENTIRE LIFE.

I'm now entirely convinced that the people who answered foothills are simultaneously running blink arrow *and* maphack. Jesus christ, maybe coverage is faster for a bot, but that was completely unplayable for me. Ew. God. I need to wash that disgusting zone off of myself in the ocean at the harbour bridge now.

Ah my mistake. There is most definitely something going on with Intervention. My best guess is they have it on a timer and it somehow enables certain spawn points. I've had my inventory open and suddenly they spawn. Meanwhile other times, I'll backtrack and they spawn. Though I have noticed they only ever spawn in the same areas other encounters can spawn.

Sorry to hear you did not enjoy farming Foothills, but I can guarantee you it's not trolls. I've been doing it almost exclusively this league. It's not as linear as Bridge, but it's more convenient to farm solo IMO.

Here is an image that lists the major spawn points as well as the path I generally take:

Red circles are the most likely places they'll spawn; they'll spawn there roughly 4/5 times in my experience (though granted, I have not documented it). Purple is the next most likely if it's not in those places. And brown is the leas likely places to spawn. The path I take is orange when looking for the encounter.
Last edited by FathomWheel on Jan 23, 2019, 12:00:23 AM
"
FathomWheel wrote:

Sorry to hear you did not enjoy farming Foothills, but I can guarantee you it's not trolls. I've been doing it almost exclusively this league. It's not as linear as Bridge, but it's more convenient to farm solo IMO.

Here is an image that lists the major spawn points as well as the path I generally take:

I do the same "spawn in and run big backwards 'J'" route and can anecdotally confirm what you're saying about spawns. Most of the time I hit the syndicate before or right on the curve.

How do i "force" to spawn research in harbour? For me theres only transportation.
Also: I managed somehow with one character nothing else but research spawns for days (which is quite nice while lvling, no interruption) and i still dont know how i did this, can anyone explain?
"
Trollzor257 wrote:
How do i "force" to spawn research in harbour? For me theres only transportation.
Also: I managed somehow with one character nothing else but research spawns for days (which is quite nice while lvling, no interruption) and i still dont know how i did this, can anyone explain?

It's mostly RNG, but you can influence it. For one thing, if you have a safehouse ready to raid, then that safehouse's encounter type will not spawn for the next 3 encounters. So if you want to "force" a research encounter to spawn you can temporarily suspend the other ones by getting them to the point of being safehouse raid-ready all at the same time.

Another point to consider is that encounters are generated based on syndicate member availability. So if you only have one research member on the board, but 4 or 5 fortification members, then fortification will be much more likely to spawn. (or so I have been led to believe. Not 100% certain on this one)

And the most powerful, mathematically proven factor is that you gotta not really want it. If you desperately want, say, research to spawn just one more time before calling it a night, it won't. Not for the next dozen encounters, and probably the next dozen after that. But as soon as you don't really need a particular encounter to spawn... it will. That's just science!
Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Stay stupid.
Last edited by Foogalicious on Jan 25, 2019, 3:05:16 PM
"
xPeleusx wrote:
Ok, folks, you have piqued my interest in this whole Syndicate farming.

Why do you do it, is it for the Scarabs.

Is it for Vorici and the white sockets.

Is it for Gravicius and the Div Cards.

Is it to farm mastermind.

Is it all of the above.

I found this and been using this to help me, but I have not been focusing on just doing Syndicate runs.

Seems the Majority is for Harbour Bridge, but I will check out all three tonight for a change of pace.

Mastermind is terrible... they do syndicate runs for high loot.

Here is chart I made awhile back which I think are best place and red maditory. You can adjust however you like. But bottom line is the shits OP rewards wise so ppl grind it...

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 25, 2019, 3:37:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info