The Ossuary Or Harbour Bridge For Syndicate Rep?

"
MasterAxe wrote:
"
Zidly wrote:
Noob question here, how do you reset harbour bridge instance since it seems to have no waypoint? I tried re-instancing the solaris concourse but it didn't affect my bridge instance. Is there a command line way to reset?

HAH, the same way you use a waypoint. Click control+door to new zone.

Thx
My first syndicate farming runs were in Ossuary. Did about 100 of them. But then I switched to bridge and have done several hundred of those. No contest - bridge is better. Straight run end-to-end. Keep popping quicksilvers and go straight. What could be easier? Sure, fortification spawns right by the entrance in Ossuary, but almost every type of encounter has a chance of spawning within a dozen steps of the entrance on the bridge as well. But in Ossualry, for every non-intervention encounter you are stuck meandering around a big stupid map trying to find the encounter. Meanwhile, I'm running straight and easy, and FAST! ZOOooooooom!
Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Stay stupid.
"
Westwood1121 wrote:
I tried Ossuary. I didn't like it. Harbour Bridge is far quicker for me.

I had the opposite, I think on average I spent more time in bridge per run than ossuary. A lot of that is simply because fortification in ossuary is right at the beginning (and I swear 1/3rd of my spawns, at least, are fortification). For bridge, a lot of times it would be at the complete other end.

Intervention generally spawned in about the same time-frame, for me, regardless of zone.

Research and Transport could be from anywhere at very beginning to very end of route for both zones.
Foothills is far faster than either.
Is it really Foothills? I was willing to discard one person saying it, but with two I'll have to check it out. It's a pretty wide zone--I can imagine fortification spawns being easy to detect in a deterministic location, but are the transportation and research spawns really that easy to see as you just zoom through?
"
codetaku wrote:
Is it really Foothills? I was willing to discard one person saying it, but with two I'll have to check it out. It's a pretty wide zone--I can imagine fortification spawns being easy to detect in a deterministic location, but are the transportation and research spawns really that easy to see as you just zoom through?

the strength of foothills is how you zone reset

layout is largely static and in order to save time you will probably take an unconventional route

but it's the resets that are so good.

portal to highgate, your portal is right beside the waypoint, click, ctrl click and boom. I'm not a high move speed character but I can hit around 4 syndicate encounters a minute on average... especially if im mainly focusing on intervention.

there is an odd research or transportation spawn that will mess your times up but foothills is consistently quicker than the others

"
codetaku wrote:

it seems a little unintuitive, and i haven't done any measuring but once i got used to running it it sure feels faster than ossuary or bridge
Ok, folks, you have piqued my interest in this whole Syndicate farming.

Why do you do it, is it for the Scarabs.

Is it for Vorici and the white sockets.

Is it for Gravicius and the Div Cards.

Is it to farm mastermind.

Is it all of the above.

I found this and been using this to help me, but I have not been focusing on just doing Syndicate runs.

Seems the Majority is for Harbour Bridge, but I will check out all three tonight for a change of pace.

Bridge or aqueduct. If you only interested in syndicate - then bridge. Aqueduct provides you with free tabula every 1-1.5 hours and better layout for Alva.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
"
rhoadesd20 wrote:
"
Westwood1121 wrote:
I tried Ossuary. I didn't like it. Harbour Bridge is far quicker for me.

I had the opposite, I think on average I spent more time in bridge per run than ossuary. A lot of that is simply because fortification in ossuary is right at the beginning (and I swear 1/3rd of my spawns, at least, are fortification). For bridge, a lot of times it would be at the complete other end.

Intervention generally spawned in about the same time-frame, for me, regardless of zone.

Research and Transport could be from anywhere at very beginning to very end of route for both zones.

Takes, what, 30 seconds to run bridge end-to-end with quicksilver going? So even if your encounter is at the opposite end, it is STILL a good deal faster to find than if you have syndicate hiding at some random spot in Ossuary. And you can simply exit the far end of the bridge and start your next run from there, unlike Ossuary. So I'm sorry, but you are wrong. Empirically. Mathematically. And possibly even morally. But I forgive you.
Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Stay stupid.
Last edited by Foogalicious on Jan 22, 2019, 5:34:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info