The Betrayal Brimmed Hat

What about Uber Elder guardian Constrictor BUG?
*The Betrayal* is correct

Not only are you guys up there with tripple A now, but you are catering your game MORE AND MORE for the *support purchasers* - nothing wrong with that, its a free to play game and cosmetic only...

Just PLEASE don't lose your soul in the process (like Blizzard did and many others!)

**please note i agree that they should make money off cosmetics but i also agre 40 USD is too much to ask for a purely cosmetic set**
Last edited by Barney278 on Dec 10, 2018, 12:49:56 PM
Yes, and then of course it is this new specific League Brimmed Hat, which I never ever have bothered to buy any of.
Will this one be an exception? Only time will tell.
i love u ggg
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
"How DARE a business try to sell me something?"

Seriously?
Nobody is making you buy it.

"They could afford to give it to me without making me pay."
Okay, but why would they? You aren't "owed" anything as a consumer if you aren't willing to pay for it. The fact that you can even play this game without spending a dime is a gift and a treat.

They could invest their capital and keep producing games from the revenue? Maybe (doubtful). But so what? If you won the lottery and your employer said they would no longer pay you (because you don't need the money) would you still show up to work? Doubtful. People do work to get paid. Businesses do the same.

If loot boxes get banned then that doesn't mean supporter packs or individual points purchases would be banned. The problem with lootboxes is that it is seen as "gambling" in some places. But there is no entity in the world that would have a problem with a company selling a legal good or service that is not randomized for a fixed price.

"
Innomen wrote:

Astounding.... So you've actually mentally backflipped yourself into a space where you think they need MORE support now?

Just... Wow.

If anything you just explained why GGG should never never have sold out in the first place.

If tencent is gonna mug us as you imply (overpay or we're killing the game) then you should be leading the charge for a GGG buyback or something.

As for workload, that's the price they pay for wanting a monopoly on the code. This isn't wikipedia.

the way i see it, free to play supporters are risk investors. you invest and hope for a return. and you write that money off after you gave it.

whatever turns the company you invested into does, the last thing you do is cut them from their income stream. especially if they keep delivering their service.

nobody ever mugged me into overpaying. i gave them what i would have paid for abo games at the time i started 7 years ago and added some bonus cause they were amazing and i knew few people would support them.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
Innomen wrote:

Astounding.... So you've actually mentally backflipped yourself into a space where you think they need MORE support now?

Just... Wow.

If anything you just explained why GGG should never never have sold out in the first place.

If tencent is gonna mug us as you imply (overpay or we're killing the game) then you should be leading the charge for a GGG buyback or something.

As for workload, that's the price they pay for wanting a monopoly on the code. This isn't wikipedia.

the way i see it, free to play supporters are risk investors. you invest and hope for a return. and you write that money off after you gave it.

whatever turns the company you invested into does, the last thing you do is cut them from their income stream. especially if they keep delivering their service.

nobody ever mugged me into overpaying. i gave them what i would have paid for abo games at the time i started 7 years ago and added some bonus cause they were amazing and i knew few people would support them.

So now extortion is ok too because caveat emptor?

You explode my brain dude.

I give up. Clearly GGG IYO can do no wrong, literally.

"When the president does it, it is not illegal." ~Nixon
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
"
Innomen wrote:

i didn't say anything about that.

none of us knows the numbers. we all just know the outcome.
good luck making decisions in your life based on the sýmptoms of things.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
Innomen wrote:

i didn't say anything about that.

none of us knows the numbers. we all just know the outcome.
good luck making decisions in your life based on the sýmptoms of things.

And that "outcome" is grossly over priced "micro" transactions and 15$ packs of loot crates.

I love that name. Originally the "mirco" was supposed to apply to the price tag too, not just what was given.

When I said they ethically should lower prices, you then said that we ethically should be giving GGG more money now that they are owned by a mega corporation, on the grounds that said corp can and will and should shutter Wraeclast if we don't. And that that's ok because caveat emptor.

You said backing of any stripe should be parsed as an investment risk (gambling.) Again shifting all responsibility to the consumer, which makes the above extortion/threat/racketeering perfectly ethical. Which is well beyond it simply being legal.

As for your empty snark about how I make choices, it's ironic that you'd bring up decisions because it's crystal clear that your decision making process has been entirely co-opted in this case by GGG/Tencent's PR team along with general industry corporate PR logic over all.

I've never met someone here who so has so clearly and completely internalized the thinking favorable to the companies. I mean I've met fanboys but they weren't pure like you. They didn't seem to understand what they were defending or why. But you my man, your eyes seem wide open. You're a Believer.

Which makes me wonder, are you an aspiring, or current, developer or publisher yourself? Because that at least would explain how your thinking could become so unabashedly reminiscent of a standard-bearer.

We both know GGG's income would crash if they didn't ruthlessly exploit gambling addictions and related psychopathology. I'm not even sure I mind, but I do mind the all the smoke and mirrors. And mental gymnastics.
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
"
Innomen wrote:
"
Punjy wrote:
Totally in favor of whatever they have to do in order to keep pushing out free content every 3 months

Selling 80% of the company to a 500 billion dollar chinese megacorp insured infinite funding till the end of time. I strongly suspect only a tiny fraction of money handed to GGG gets used as you expect.

Look at the office photos on twitter. Do a mental audit of just that room.

1. I understand your and agree with your position on the value of microtransactions in this game. It would be nice if things were a little cheaper in this game. But thinking it can happen after being bought out by a major public corporation is foolish. GGG is now in a position where they're under pressure to make more money for shareholders, not less, so what you're asking for is NOT going to happen. Ever. It sucks and I don't agree with it either.

2. Developers are out here selling half finished games for $50-60, and selling the rest as bullshit "expansion packs". Friggin DLC, or you gotta buy the "season pass" to unlock this "additional content" that was supposed to be part of the game you already spent $60 on, like give me a break. But GGG managed to avoid all that; imagine if GGG said you gotta pay us $5 to play in this league or $10 for this expansion. What if there were players that couldn't access shaper/elder or couldn't ascend because they had to pay some BS fee? Wouldn't that be a lot worse than overpriced microtransactions?

All I'm saying is that I'm in favor of whatever they have to do to avoid that for as long as possible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info