Path of Exile: Delve Patch Notes

"
codetaku wrote:
"
Shimmeron now deals 200 Lightning damage per second per Power charge (down from 400). Using a Divine Orb on an existing copy of this item will update that item to new these values. Shimmeron will also deal that damage to you if your skills have dealt a critical strike recently, rather than just you. That means you will take the damage if any skill (including a trap, totem, or mine) deals a critical strike.

I think this was 100% the wrong way to go about nerfing arc. Shimmeron is now completely unusable, which just isn't fun. Like, when I say unusable, I mean literally completely unusable. Your numeric nerfs to the elder item penalties are still simply not something that can be mitigated by a well-built character.

Final note: I really wish the Delve Challenge League section actually explained how monster scaling works. Will they get mods? Will their hp and damage go up without their monster level continuing to go up? Is 84 the maximum monster level in the underground? PLEASE EXPLAIN BETTER :(

1: Shimmeron wasn't supposed to be a penalty-free, easy access weapon that everyone was abusing it as. The only reliable way to use it after this change would be Scion Slayer or Duelist Slayer which was the only way any of the Elder items ever saw play from. Any half-decent Shaper weapon is still way better than Shimmeron anyways.

2. The only real details we have about Delve is the screenshot of a Monster level 86 zone and that our minions are capped at lv86. We can assume that monster level will go even higher as GGG states that it's an infinite dungeon. However, it's also safe to assume that there'll be set thresholds on certain depths/levels.

Edit: Correction
Last edited by VwjUnit on Aug 28, 2018, 10:43:46 PM
Patch notes for 3.4 are:

Pages 17
Words 7625
Characters 45068
Characters excluding spaces 37772
IGN: Steeldraconis
G3 Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/goodguygaming
Youtube: http://tinyurl.com/y5nvpcpo
Check out the CHAD Zerker build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2478633
S𓆣C𓆣A𓆣R𓆣A𓆣B𓆣G𓆣O𓆣D𓆣L𓆣I𓆣V𓆣E𓆣S𓆣
oh nice Zana got vitamins.
EAT POOP GUBBENS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"
VwjUnit wrote:
"
codetaku wrote:
"
Shimmeron now deals 200 Lightning damage per second per Power charge (down from 400). Using a Divine Orb on an existing copy of this item will update that item to new these values. Shimmeron will also deal that damage to you if your skills have dealt a critical strike recently, rather than just you. That means you will take the damage if any skill (including a trap, totem, or mine) deals a critical strike.

I think this was 100% the wrong way to go about nerfing arc. Shimmeron is now completely unusable, which just isn't fun. Like, when I say unusable, I mean literally completely unusable. Your numeric nerfs to the elder item penalties are still simply not something that can be mitigated by a well-built character.

Final note: I really wish the Delve Challenge League section actually explained how monster scaling works. Will they get mods? Will their hp and damage go up without their monster level continuing to go up? Is 84 the maximum monster level in the underground? PLEASE EXPLAIN BETTER :(

1: Shimmeron wasn't supposed to be a penalty-free, easy access weapon that everyone was abusing it as. The only reliable way to use it after this change would be Scion Slayer or Duelist Slayer which was the only way any of the Elder items ever saw play from. Any half-decent Shaper weapon is still way better than Shimmeron anyways.

2. The only real details we have about Delve is the screenshot of a Monster level 86 zone and that our minions are capped at lv84. We can assume that monster level will go even higher as GGG states that it's an infinite dungeon. However, it's also safe to assume that there'll be set thresholds on certain depths/levels.

They already said minions cap out @ 86. Scaling will be done with mods.
woh that's a lot of words
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
"
nskLantash wrote:
Obligatory ctrl-F Inpulsa, crtl-F Poet's Pen - we're in business, boys.

Also Minefield Support nerf that was just announced apparently didn't make it into the patchnotes. Can't say i'm complaining.

shhh
Minefield only got nerfed for PvP? so mine builds are all the same for pve?
IGN: Pedrikosa or Pedrikoza

Hello!

Saffell's Frame: Existing versions now have +21-24% chance to Block Spell Damage. New versions have +15-20%.

PLEASE , do not set the legacy versions of saffell's frame to the same as current non legacy versions.
(i think that's the only item with a better legacy version of the items listed but you guys would need to double check that)

I keep it mostly as a collectable

If the old non legacy versions are set to 21-24% all im asking is could you set the legacy versions to 30-35% (or whatever you guys think, in the past you have always respected legacy items, i don't want this to get missed)

this is just because its a legacy collectable , I believe this is something GGG could just forget to do, it would be in line with other patches

etc
Whatever army I have, I'll lead against them...
...until I've won or I'm dead.
• Level 38 VS The World • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929461
• Crafting Service • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451155
Last edited by colwyn on Aug 28, 2018, 10:26:05 PM
I have never liked patch notes full of ONLY nerfs. that is always disappoitning, boring, annoying, frustrating, no new buffed stuff to try aside from that poison stuff that basically you can only play with a pathfinder

unused skills will stay unused forever and ever

meta will be pretty much only tornado shot mfers with a windripper on.

nerfing will always make skills feel bad compared to the past and so it will make them be unused.

buffing bad skills would have been much much more interesting than nerfing into oblivion everything

very bad.

totally not hyped for delve

but what really annoys me the most is twhen you buff something (traps), make it finally feel good, and THEN nerf it

like, enjoy it while you can because we will take away your toy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info