Kay's Summoner Memorial Page | New Guide is linked inside!

First, thanks for the guide. I am planning on running this as my starter for 3.9 (first time spectre).

1. Would you say it's a feasible goal to go wand+shield -> PoH+EB+MoM once we reach endgame? I like just having one build for the league, and being able to really push this build would be a big plus. But i'm not sure how smilair they are, besides having to get a bunch of regrets. :)

2. How does the wand+shield(MORE DPS version) compare to PoH version?

3. Why should I never buy 5-link Vis Mortis? Tried googling, but did not find the answer.
"
b0TEB wrote:
Overall, do you think our dps will increase, considering the new support gems?

I don't find a huge nerf besides the lvl requirement of the gem to bring 5th spectre. With this said, I think PoH build received the bigger nerf because you have to drop either a spectre or around 30% dmg buff from gem. And W/S hasn't been affected at all.

What do you think guys, how will be the dps of both builds, compared to 3.8?

DPS increase, yes. In general there is a small reduction due to the Feeding Frenzy & Minion Damage quality nerfs. All those are already compensated by the Awakened Minion Damage gem alone.

W/S indeed suffers less from the Spectre gem level increase, as with level 21 + Spectre boots + wand + Necro ascendecy they still make it to level 25 for the extra spectre. PoH needs to run Empower, losing a support gem. Do note that Empower does bring damage and life increase (+10-15%) so it is not a full support gem loss.
Due to this PoH likely loses a potential awakened gem slot, likely not runnning Awakened Elemental Focus. I do believe that it will still have higher DPS in the end and I'll still be running a PoH build.
"
nexxen666 wrote:
First, thanks for the guide. I am planning on running this as my starter for 3.9 (first time spectre).

1. Would you say it's a feasible goal to go wand+shield -> PoH+EB+MoM once we reach endgame? I like just having one build for the league, and being able to really push this build would be a big plus. But i'm not sure how similar they are, besides having to get a bunch of regrets. :)

3. Why should I never buy 5-link Vis Mortis? Tried googling, but did not find the answer.

1) Yes, perfectly feasible. Core of the skill tree is the same. I estimate you need around 30 respec points and you already get 2 from campaign quests. Gems also overlap a lot, specifically the damage supports. Just make sure you level an empower in your offhand (in a +quality weapon or shield) so you don't lose a spectre when you swap.

2) PoH is even more DPS but requires more items to get going. Both were perfectly end game viable.

3) 5 link Vis Mortis was less damage than a 6 link/Tabula. You can confirm in POB. That might be different now, as without a level 21 Spectre gem you would lose a Spectre in the W&S build, and would gain one with Vis Mortis
"
NeoLearner wrote:
3) 5 link Vis Mortis was less damage than a 6 link/Tabula. You can confirm in POB. That might be different now, as without a level 21 Spectre gem you would lose a Spectre in the W&S build, and would gain one with Vis Mortis

Am I missing something or is the PoE wiki wrong as vis mortis seems to not give +1 to spectres?
Last edited by Dramoth on Dec 12, 2019, 6:54:33 AM
"
Dramoth wrote:
"
NeoLearner wrote:

Am I missing something or is the PoE wiki wrong as vis mortis seems to not give +1 to spectres?

Sorry, my age is showing :) Vis Mortis used to give +1 to amount of Spectres and I assumed it got reworked similar to Bones of Ullr. It indeed does not give +1 Spectres.
Point still stands - a 6 link without any mods (Tabula) is more damage than a 5link Vis Mortis.
Last edited by NeoLearner on Dec 12, 2019, 7:18:20 AM
"
NeoLearner wrote:
"
nexxen666 wrote:

1. Would you say it's a feasible goal to go wand+shield -> PoH+EB+MoM once we reach endgame? I like just having one build for the league, and being able to really push this build would be a big plus. But i'm not sure how similar they are, besides having to get a bunch of regrets. :)

1) Yes, perfectly feasible. Core of the skill tree is the same. I estimate you need around 30 respec points and you already get 2 from campaign quests. Gems also overlap a lot, specifically the damage supports. Just make sure you level an empower in your offhand (in a +quality weapon or shield) so you don't lose a spectre when you swap.

2) PoH is even more DPS but requires more items to get going. Both were perfectly end game viable.

Thanks!
Awakened Curse on Hit has +1 curse effect now, i think that sounds like must have... :-)
I'm planning to use this as my starter. Never played summoner, and have no experience with Spectres, but I'm confident in it because it's a great and detailed build.

A few minor questions:

- I'm thinking on going SSF and also can't be bothered to deal with Animated Guardian; my question is: how much do I gimp myself by *not* using AG?

- what are possible replacements for AG, if it's even viable to not run it?

- are 3 spectres + SSF gear enough to reliably run red maps? it might take a while to get the 3 prereqs: 21/20 gem, +1 wand, +1 boots (let alone Empower)

- if I absolutely have to suffer through an ele reflect map (i.e. for Atlas progression), what's the best way to do it? get a phys Spectre (which one would do?) or maybe swap to skellies or sth, as even a 4link might do in a pinch?

- Bone Barrier shares its cooldown with IC... do I keep BB up most of the time, is dropping IC on the table (e.g. for some more utility)?
For the trigger wand, I'm assuming were triggering it through Flame Dash and Phase Run?
"
Awakened Curse on Hit has +1 curse effect now, i think that sounds like must have... :-)

Holy cow I didn't see that, that's huge.
Unset ring back to make room for flame dash?

"
Cpfuzzy wrote:
For the trigger wand, I'm assuming were triggering it through Flame Dash and Phase Run?

Or brand, or shield charge, or convocation, anything really.

"
I think the ASE gem is the most interesting with its 19% chance to do double damage. When it is used with the PoH build the final repeat will do 105% more damage with a 19% chance to double - basically an extra 100% more modifier on top! If you look at the gem configuration, I don't include Ele Focus, so our SDs will can apply big shock values!

Does summon skitterbots still have a value in the PoH setup then?
Last edited by Samodin on Dec 12, 2019, 10:59:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info