We've made a new Burning Ground effect that doesn't hurt performance. Here's how it looks now.

even just visually it looks significantly better than the current ground. Big thumbs up.
Logged in after patching, zana gave me a burning ground map for my daily. Most of the maps i ran after that had hellions and the like. Think ggg's trying to show off the new ground effect.

It does look much nicer, way less offensive to the eyes and doesn't make everything else look darker and hard to see like the old version. And yes, my performance with it is much much better... burning ground used to be one of the only map mods i rerolled, and that's because the performance drop it gave me was far deadlier than any other map mod (including reflect and no leech and whatnot). With this new version I don't think i'll mind it in the least, so thanks a bunch for the improvement.

Hope the other improved effects are coming soon too... burning was worse than any of the others for me, but they all caused me some issues.
Looks great
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
Fix gore effect
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Looks great.

Curious though, is there ever a possibility to add in options the ability to scale down effects across the board? I find in packs or for example abyss cracks get so busy it just looks like a glob of light and I have no idea what's going on.

Even old school Everquest had this option.
This is good thing. Keep it up!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info