[3.5] League Starter W.O.E Sund Slayer / 35c Day 1 Cost / U-Lab Sprinter / High Damage Mitigation

"
Tanak1982 wrote:
Hi, I followed your build and really enjoy it (first character on poe).
I tried to optimize a bit last few days and wonder how I could improve it.
Would you mind taking a look at it and give me some feedback?

I feel like you can access my character from my profile now I have my account here.
If you want me to do something like an export, let me know, i'm new to that things :=)

Thanks,
Thomas

It's because you haven't followed the build guide, taken the skill tree nodes recommended, or geared your character correctly.
Great guide!! I went and did up to t10 maps very easily. Now I am fooling around with bleeds... Just to see what it is.

With 6L chest being so cheap later, would it be better to wear starkonja and the 6L chest? And if it is, what are your recommended setup?

Also I got the bone nova 2h axe, it potentially does double the phys dps of WoE. Would it work with this build with a slight tweak?

I am new to poe and this build really helps me off the ground. Cheers.
discord id: dejuvenate#5828
Guides
[3.13 Ritual] Flameslinger - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009295
[3.5 Betrayal] Brutus AW Chieftain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320224
[3.4 Delve] Toxic Rain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207700
"
Great guide!! I went and did up to t10 maps very easily. Now I am fooling around with bleeds... Just to see what it is.

With 6L chest being so cheap later, would it be better to wear starkonja and the 6L chest? And if it is, what are your recommended setup?

Also I got the bone nova 2h axe, it potentially does double the phys dps of WoE. Would it work with this build with a slight tweak?

I am new to poe and this build really helps me off the ground. Cheers.

Please read the Q&A section of the build guide.
"
Adambjjoz wrote:
"
DrBoomstein wrote:
Would you mind taking a look at my skill tree and see what I am missing? I feel like i should have a bit more life for the level I am at. Maybe my gear is to blame. I'm still learning this game overall so any advice I could bring with me for the remainder of this league and beginning of next league would be awesome. Having ton of fun with the attack speed of sunder and clearing maps with ease. Ancestral War chief is an awesome sidekick for this build. I always pop it on abyss holes, flask up, leap slam in and sunder/flask until they're all dead.

\

Thank you for the much needed advice. I didn't even fathom thinking that min/maxing would benefit so much to the life pool. I know this is a short reply compared to your longer post to mine but just know it was all very helpful. I thank you so much for laying it out there and making it easy to understand. Thank you also for sharing this awesome league starter!! I think next league I'll get over the fear of uberlab with this guy. Are you planning on doing any updates for 3.2? I know nathan shares tons of builds, so not sure if you are on to something different.
Yep, i'll update the build guide once the 3.2 patch notes are released.
How are we all doing? I hope we all had fun in 3.1 and looking forward to 3.2.

Slayer ascendancy changes are out (red is from 3.1, green is coming in 3.2):

Bane of Legends (order rearrange with Headsman)
Gain Onslaught for 20 seconds when you Kill a Rare or Unique Enemy
Kill Enemies that have 20% or lower Life when Hit by your Skills

Headsman (order rearrange with Bane of Legends)
50% reduced Cannot take Reflected Physical Damage
20% more Damage if you've Killed Recently
15% 20% increased Radius of Area Skills if you've Killed Recently

Endless Hunger
20% of Overkill Damage is Leeched as Life
Life Leech effects are not removed at Full Life(moved to Brutal Fervour)
You are Immune to Bleeding while Leeching(moved from Brutal Fervour)

Brutal Fervour
100% increased Life Leeched per second
Cannot be Stunned while Leeching(relocated to Overwhelm)
30% increased Damage while Leeching(new buff)
You are Immune to Bleeding while Leeching(moved to Endless Hunger)
Life Leech effects are not removed at Full Life(moved from Endless Hunger)

Overwhelm
Your Damaging Hits always Stun Enemies that are on Full Life
100% increased Stun Duration against Enemies that are on Full Life
100% increased Stun Duration against Enemies that are on Low Life

100% increased Stun Duration against Enemies(reworked)
20% chance to double Stun Duration
Cannot be Stunned(relocated from Brutal Fervour)

Impact
Single-target Melee attacks deal Splash Damage to surrounding targets
50% less Damage to surrounding targets(removed)
20% increased Area of Effect of Area Skills

Minor nodes no change

So all in all, some nerfs and some buffs. Over at the main forum, there is a big discussion on this changes. Many saying Slayer got nerfed big (mainly for other builds). For this League Starter, just the Stun immunity is gone. Waiting for the Patch Notes now.
Last edited by blueframe227 on Feb 25, 2018, 9:28:29 PM
Well............ I can honestly say I wasn't expecting the Slayer changes to help us, but they have!

So the changes to the ascendancy give us a persistent 5% AOE increase, 30% increased damage when leeching (which is always) and make us 100% immune to phys reflect damage which means one of the few limitations on the build being that we can't run Phys Reflect map's is now no longer an issue for us!!!! The only thing we lose is stun immunity, which we can pretty well pick up in an effective state from the Pantheon anyway.

Gear and item's-wise these changes mean nothing to us so far. In terms of jewel choice now, it's probably more helpful to simply stack Life/Attack-Speed/Phys-Damage no matter if your slotting in regular jewels or abyss jewels to the skill tree. We'll just have to wait and see what other changes the patch notes bring us now.

Overall though, the changes were a huge boost for us.
Another drawback is that now we won't be able to take both cull and overleech before uberlab. I guess that will somewhat slow leveling process.
Last edited by Hemaka1 on Feb 26, 2018, 5:14:28 AM
Shame for the nerfs
Not sure if this build is such a good ulab farmer anymore.
"
Oilure wrote:
Shame for the nerfs
Not sure if this build is such a good ulab farmer anymore.

LOL, wut?

So long as they don't nerf any of the required items or skill tree components required for this build, the build just became WAY better at Uber Lab farming, on top of everything else it does.

The build at it's core does everything as advertised based off of nothing other than standard items from 3 seasons ago with a character not even levelled to L85, using only sub-L18 gem's. You can then make it more powerful by levelling up everything and applying quality to skill gem's, then more powerful again with an Abyss belt and abyss jewel socketed in it. Then you can push the build even further by using Shaper/Elder gloves & rings. The build as-is still has all of it's complete flexibility too in terms of if you want more defence, dodge, block or DPS too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info