[3.5] League Starter W.O.E Sund Slayer / 35c Day 1 Cost / U-Lab Sprinter / High Damage Mitigation

anyone please answer. is it good DPS for this build?

"
pavlickm wrote:
when i enter town i have 36471 on sunder.
What are people using for gloves for this build in the end game? Favourite enchants?

I'm using these, un-enchanted for the melee damage bonus

Could I do better with something else enchanted?
"
CyclopsRio wrote:
Hey all! I posted a dumb fucking question a while back (before I got my build in order and knew more about this game) so I'm sorry for that! Awesome work on the guide and build, much appreciated with all the hard work you've put into helping others farm lab, especially since you could have kept it and the currency from it to yourself.

Wanted to share a tip I JUST found out about by browsing through the wiki. Using this fine chest for leveling gems:

I bought mine for 30c already socketed and colored, because I didn't want to take the chance at wasting jews and chromas, but then I got the genius idea to do a test to post for you guys here, as a little repayment for this awesome guide.

Costs for 6s, with 3r3b for gem leveling.
1 Chaos to buy chest
208 Jewelers for 6s
3 Chroma for 3b 3r

BLUE is best for leveling random gems.
GREEN is best for leveling Empower/Enhance/Enlighten.

I probably wasted more currency on this than I should have, spending 30c and all, but it was a fun test and I thought it might provide a useful alternative to Tabula.

Does it even work? All stats from chest are ignored if you use Bringer of Rain, so the +quality or increased experience should not work.
"
Does it even work? All stats from chest are ignored if you use Bringer of Rain, so the +quality or increased experience should not work.

Well yes, the testing over time I've done and multiple others here have done, shows it does actually work. The theory from the user "CyclopsRio" did turn out to indeed work as thought.

It also get's better........

I've also found out since that time that there are other chest's that also work here in conjunction with other skills. For example, if you put an "Animate Guardian" minion skill setup in the Bringer of Rain helm (or a Hungy Loop ring like I did), the Animate Guardian will receive any damage buff, defensive buff or damage over time effect granted from any chest piece you have equipped. So if you equip a Zahndethus' Cassock chest piece, your animate guardian will grant you an additional life regen on top of everything you already have, of 6% of your total life per second - and that buff lasts for 8 seconds...... every time your animate guardian blocks something. For whatever reason too, the Animate Guardian minion seems to block at a freakishly high rate, as well.

There's been some discussions over at Reddit about this in the past 3 months. Ultimately though, most of the stuff this works with would either drastically change the way the build works, or would need to use expensive or time-consuming self-crafted items that you wont have the mats or currency to use until a few weeks after the league begun, at which point in time that would be useless because this is a league-starter build that you then keep and use as a tanky super fast Uber Lab runner.
Build guide updated with:

- Additional section titled "3.1 Abyss League build diary for progress, results and economic tracking of gear prices" was added.
- Changes to recommended B.I.S chest piece in the gear guide section
- Additions to maximizing DPS on jewels in the DPS/Life boosting guide section
- Thankyou's issued to specific forum users who contributed to testing and itemization / build improvements
- Addition's to the Q&A section
- Additions to the Pantheon Power section, explaining how to capture high tier map boss souls'd with another character, but still hand in the filled divine soul with this character.
- Tip's on how to make currency sections updated again.
Thanks for this guide, it rocks :D

cu around
Thank you very much for this guide. I came back to PoE after invasion league and I was completely lost. Since I never "completed" a build before I decided to go full on this.

After I found 2 exalts I upgraded my WoE to a 6-link one. I'm doing maps T12 without any problems right now, lvling my 20/20 gems right now.

I also gotta tell you that I never farmed so much currency so easily, when i stopped to calculate I had over 5 EX just in pure currency, and I play around 2 hours a day during the week only.

I never reached lvl 85+ on PoE and with this was such a breeze, when I looked i was already 86 and having tons of fun, for the first time I wanna keep playing a character after league ends.

Thank you!
"
mystiqueblues wrote:
Thanks for this guide, it rocks :D

cu around

Thanks for the kind words.

"
zug0 wrote:
I also gotta tell you that I never farmed so much currency so easily, when i stopped to calculate I had over 5 EX just in pure currency, and I play around 2 hours a day during the week only.

I never reached lvl 85+ on PoE and with this was such a breeze, when I looked i was already 86 and having tons of fun, for the first time I wanna keep playing a character after league ends.

Thank you!

You are welcome buddy.
Just a quick note for everyone, I will keep the guide updated for next season (The Patch 3.2 Release) so long as it's still viable and the patch-notes and ascendancy/other changes don't kill the build.

Finger's crossed everything will be ok, but only time will tell.

The dev's confirmed only a few days ago that not only is all the Shaper/Elder gear now a part of the core game permanently, but that Abyss jewels and Abyss items are indeed becoming a core part of the game too. So we now effectively get a DPS, Armour & attack speed boost to the build over it's basic form, at very little added cost. Abyss items of note to our build (the belt and the jewels) will start dropping next season from Act 6 of the levelling process.
First of all, thanks for the awesome guide. I'm new to this game and this is the first build I've tried and it's been a lot of fun. I'm at lvl 70 right now and I followed the guide as closely as possible, but I can't seem to get the mana to regen as quickly as I like. For instance, I won't be able to leap slam my way through a map without running out of mana, and I'd run out of mana even after doing 5 or so sunders. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Any help would be great. Thx!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info