[3.5] League Starter W.O.E Sund Slayer / 35c Day 1 Cost / U-Lab Sprinter / High Damage Mitigation

Just wanted to say thanks again for the guide - lab used to kick my ass so hard but now I'm casually strolling through traps doing full key runs.

How important is the stone golem? I have a 20/20 one already but it eats shit and dies way too often, it's a little annoying having to recast all the time
"
Gortuss wrote:
"
Started this build on console before realizing that Leap Slam doesn't work on Xbox. Switched to Cyclone and at lvl 80 with about 5.2k HP and max Res. I can steam roll Uber Lab. There might be better cyclone builds out there but this build cost me about 25 chaos (most expensive thing was Carnage Heart) and does exactly what it claimed to do.

So you don't use Leap Slam at all with this build? I'll give that a try.

I don't know how you managed to keep the whole build to 25c -- Carnage Heart alone is 80-100c on xbox! I'm trying to figure out how to grind up that kind of currency when I still get 1-shotted in merciless lab at level 70.

I use Leap Slam, but only to get on ledges or to jump over thing. Also, I found that if you can't use that movement skill to get out of danger then Sunder leaves you too vulnerable.

So I switched to Cyclone:EduranceChargeonMeleeStun:Maim:DamageonFullLife or AddedElemetalDamage.....Always run Blood Rage and Hatred or Purity/Vitality if you feel too squishy.

Other than that I have followed the build completely.

The trick I have found with console trading is to find people that don't really know what they have, they are just selling things cause everyone else does. I go to the offline sellers and pick 5 of the same item and send whatever I want to pay....They all decline, then I'll pick 5 more and repeat until someone finally accepts which has always happened.
Thanks for the tips lxASSASSINxl!
Thank a lot for the build. Just hit level 90 today. This is the most content I've ever seen in this game.

I got the "150% increased effect of the buff granted by your stone golems" helmet enchantment from an uber lab. Is this a good one to keep on, or is there some kind of weird POE rule that means it's not giving me much of an actual bonus?
when i enter town i have 36471 on sunder. is it ok?
88lvl
I believe this guide is very poorly optimized for the leech changes in 3.1.

With the changes to Vaal pact, it provides a much more powerful and reliable way to get through traps and sustain through izaro than going without vaal pact and using Regen.

As a slayer with vaal pact and the "+#% of maximum Life per second to maximum Life Leech rate" nodes on the tree, your overkill leech can provide you with 58% maximum life per second. Using your worm flask at the beginning of an Uber lab zone can give you this leech for a minute with bad gear and much longer with higher damage.This also requires much less investment than life Regen in gear and on the tree and frees up your golem for a better one.
So here's a Day 30 (End of Month #1 of the Abyss league) update. It will be my last update, but I'll keep popping back in here on a weekly basis:

I've got my character to where I want it now (has been that way for 2 weeks already), mapped to where I wanted with it and have put it aside as my Uber Lab Speed running build for now.

Total Build Cost as of today (Day 30):
8 Chaos............ yep. Ridiculously cheap. The amulet is the only build item even worth 1 chaos or more, currently.

I've completed:
- A 5-key Uber Lab speed run in under 3 min's.
- 21 Abyss league challenges.
- 75%+ of the Abyss league achievements.
- All maps to T12 and 3 T13's, including the modded/corrupted map mods for the map bonus on all of them.
- Unidentified rare/corrupted maps all the way up to T13.
- Levelled hideout/master's to L7.
- Levelled gem's to 20/20.
- Killed all Elder Guardian's & Elder on white & yellow maps (all on modded maps, too).
- Killed all Elder Guardian's on red map's but not Elder on a Red Map yet (all on modded maps, too).
- A modded map on T11 with the max # of possible mod's rolled on a map.

Random Notes:
- My map bonus is currently at 117/157.
- Made myself wealthy enough to afford multiple new builds, including all the twink levelling gear for them, jewellery, jewels & even high quality L1 gems to start them out with.
- Made myself wealthy enough to craft a couple of truly magnificent items specifically for new characters. One of them is an amulet with 36% of block chance applied to spell block, 9 life regen, + Life, + Mana, then a 6% increased quantity of items roll...... AND it still has the ability to have more rolls added via Exalt slams.
- The only reason why the map is as low as 117/157 it's because I haven't had the time to go through the excruciating process of manually buying EVERY... GOD... DAMN... T13 map and above, due to GGG nerfing the ever-loving Christ out of map drops.
- The rings, amulet, belt, jewels and gems form this build are directly applicable to a huge number of other popular builds out there, even Necromancer SRS/Spectre builds.
- Bosses from T13 and above are completely screwed this season and there's clearly been no QA or turning at all done on them. Many of them have next to no life, but hit massively and do that damage either out of nowhere, or without an attack animation, or simply some phantom DPS just wrecks you out of nowhere. Normal most of that could be negated, but unfortunately almost all of them have 2 or 3 "phases" they pass through and they often cause their huge DPS spikes appearing out of nowhere from those phases. So please be very careful about taking on the end-game bosses. You can still farm the T13-15 maps just fine (even fully modded), but just so yourself a favor and skip the bosses. If you want a boss killing character - this is not the build for it. There are other pretty cheap options for those out there though, so don't worry. I've seen 3 or 4 of them for well under 100c already this season, 2 of them were under 50 chaos last time I checked. Just check out the Volatile Dead, Glacial Cascade, Bladeflurry, SRS or Spectre Summoner boss killing builds around the place. You'll find them in no time. There's a couple of max-leech Slayer/Zerker/Champ builds floating around too that are dirt cheap.

Total currency gain from just very casual Uber Labbing, mapping and a bit of crafting (Have played less than 2 weeks of this first month):
- Less than 70c spent on items used for this build in first couple of days of new league.
- Around 3-Ex worth of item spending for random test equipment and gear.
- Around 3-Ex spent on new Necro Summoner character.
- Around 2-Ex spent on crafting random gear.
- Around 5-Ex worth of raw currency now in my inventory.
- Around 3-Ex profit via purchasing 6 Exalted Orb's for under 25c each early in the league & selling in 1st week of January for 91c each (that's my first ever attempt at "POE Investing" and it worked out pretty well).
- Around 7-Ex worth of items soon to be sold.

Total currency gain would be around 17 Exalt's so far, with another 7 Exalt's worth of gear soon to be sold. The biggest four consistent money spinner's so far in my opinion, in terms of easy and fast sales, have been Life or Mana + Tri-Res Movement Speed Boots (upwards of 50c a pair) / Lab Enchant's / 17% Quality and higher low-level gem's (10c plus easy for a heap of skill gems) & Shaper/Elder bases. The shaper/Elder bases being sold for players who craft gear has been ridiculously easy money..... as in buy a crappy rolled high "ilvl" piece of gear for like 3c, then apply an orb of scouring on it and re-list the item on poe.trade to sell the blank normal base for 10c or more. I sold off over a quad-stash tab worth of items doing this alone & the last two leftovers to craft myself.

Where to from here?:
I've rolled a new Necro Summoner character (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1971585/page/1) and will use it to farm red maps, as it can run all map mods safely. It took me 2 days to level it from L1-L80 and it already clears T12 maps and bosses easily (it's still currently only L80). The only death so far was my first attempt against a fully map-modded T13 Elder fight.

I'm going to put the extra leftover profits into making another two characters as well (at least) this season. I'm going to do a poet's pen character of some description, a Volatile Dead character of some description and then I'm gonna have a crack at a magic-find speed bow mapping character of some description (gotta save about 14-Ex for a bisco's amulet first though). So yeah, interesting times ahead. If I have time, I might even build a quick and dirty Hall of Grand Masters farmer, too.

It's been really nice to read through the comments over the last 2+ weeks and see that the build has indeed worked as advertised and been so successful for so many of you, especially those who haven't experienced the Uber Lab with a fast and dominating character before, nor the ridiculous fat loots and god-tier valued enchant's on gear it hands out.
Last edited by Adambjjoz on Jan 21, 2018, 4:17:38 AM

Love this build! Can't do end game bosses as expected but best thing I had for lab. And i got lucky with the helmet :P not sure how much it is worth though
"
RGWxXPOPXx wrote:

Love this build! Can't do end game bosses as expected but best thing I had for lab. And i got lucky with the helmet :P not sure how much it is worth though

It's currently worth 2 Exalt's.

Which is an outstanding return on investment considering it's worth 1 chaos for a well-rolled one currently, minus any enchantment.
Last edited by Adambjjoz on Jan 14, 2018, 2:16:00 AM
Playing on the Xbone. Off and on for a few years on the pc, this is the best build I have played so far. Adjusted jewels today to hit 5k life and finally got the last eternal trial from a user on the discord (nit chat channels on the Xbone) so, tomorrow will be my first ulab. Thanks again for this great build.
Also, everything is blown out of proportion price wise and searching for rates on the trade market is atrocious. Hats off to anyone who gets to ulab with good gear on the Xbone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info