ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

Unless the President is a fraud and a criminal.

You guys should read about the conspiracy within the Trump admin and GOP Congress. They'll need to build a bigger prison for all of these folks. RICO!
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

The most terrifying way of thinking that will plunge this country into civil war if it ever came to that.

Having New York, Los Angeles, Houston and Chicago speaking for most of the country is not only absurd, but dangerous. The electoral college is keeping the US together by fucking threads.

The idea that somehow life in some urban shitshow is more important or better than basically the entire center of the country and most suburban areas is disastrous thinking.

It's one of the things I detest most about living in IL. Chicago speaks for the whole state, which is so fucked up I can't even express how frustrated most Illinoisans are.

So you think that a few thousands should be able to dictate a few millions because they cover more dirt ground?

quite ridiculous

What is even more ridiculous is the notion you think Chicago dictate everything. There's 2.7m millions in Chicago vs 12,7m in illinois. Chicago is only 20%. The truth, and I bet you don't like it, is that a huge portion of small cities/towns/rural area agree with whatever people in Chicago think
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Last edited by faerwin on May 20, 2019, 11:07:23 PM
"
Boem wrote:
"
CanHasPants wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
I don't see how that's relevant to my point, but apparently to you it does.

Peace,

-Boem-

Everything makes sense when you don’t think about it. Like the popular vote. Try this, don’t give it more than a passing thought, and the argument practically makes itself. Popular vote. Harumph. Harumph harumph harumph.

Disclaimer: not accusing anyone of absence of thought, referring to the idea within the cultural zeitgeist.

Edit: God damnit. I’ve been lurking a few days, been waiting to post for when I have time to be thoughtful, and in a moment of weakness I return a shit poster. Oh well <3

Yes this insight impacts my assesment that trump won the elections following all the rules all preceding presidents followed.

And that, once the president is elected both party's should unite again to serve america.

glad you straightened that out and didn't got lost in a detail instead of the underlying principle i was advocating.

#shitposter

Peace,

-Boem-

You somehow think Trump didn't keep being divisive as fuck against the democrat voters/areas? Puerto Rico and California (remember the fires) come to mind...

Dude isn't the president of the US, he's the president of the republicans. He couldn't care less about the others.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
There's a genuine conspiracy going on.
Yes anyone with a working brain and no political bias could have told you that, it has something to do with an election being stolen, a lie about Russian collusion, compliant media bias and confirmed spying on a presidential candidate by an Alphabet soup organisation. Nixon got done for less.

Last edited by AldarisGrave on May 20, 2019, 11:37:02 PM
Democrats: Trump, you bastard! Your failure to sign the Paris Accords has caused global warming that in turn caused this hurricane! The destruction of these homes is on YOUR hands!
Trump: Noop. But here's some federal disaster relief. Also maybe an exasperated tweet.

Democrats: Trump, you bastard! Your failure to sign the Paris Accords has caused global warming that in turn caused these wildfires! The destruction of these homes is on YOUR hands!
Trump: Noop. But here's some federal disaster relief. Also maybe an exasperated tweet.

faerwin: Trump was divisive as fuck about Democrat-controlled areas. Remember Puerto Rico and California?

Do you?

#shitposter
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 20, 2019, 11:51:31 PM
"
faerwin wrote:
So you think that a few thousands should be able to dictate a few millions because they cover more dirt ground?

quite ridiculous

Your conception is wrong on multiple counts - I'm going to use CanHasPants' numbers posted earlier -

"
CanHasPants wrote:

Donald J. Trump 62,980,160
Hillary R. Clinton 65,845,063

Really though, that is a very peculiar statistic to cite, as opposed to the 120.7 million that voted third party or didn’t vote. What even is majority?

The USA has an approximate population of 325-330 million

65 mil - 63 mil is 2 million people. Your position is suggesting that the difference in opinion of 2 million people should be able to dictate to 330 million people.

You can back off a level and say 65 million are dictating to 330 million.

We are the United States of America, not the Unified Population of America. The framers of the Constitution intended for America to be a federation of mostly independent states, not a frothy pink smoothie where everything has been blended to uniformity. Perhaps you've noticed that California and New York do things differently than Alabama or Arizona does for instance?

We would never have had a nation without the electoral college and its balancing act of states vs population.

The founding fathers were well aware of mob mentality, and rightly feared mob rule. That's why voting for president was restricted in many ways such as being land owning citizens and most importantly by being cast by delegates. The founders really didn't trust the populace without some oversight.

As Alexander Hamilton wrote:

"It was equally desirable, that the immediate election should be made by men most capable of analyzing the qualities adapted to the station, and acting under circumstances favorable to deliberation, and to a judicious combination of all the reasons and inducements which were proper to govern their choice. A small number of persons, selected by their fellow-citizens from the general mass, will be most likely to possess the information and discernment requisite to such complicated investigations."

You are also absolutely missing the mark in forgetting that states have rights under the Constitution. The electoral college was meant to balance out those rights. In the first election after it was set up, the minimum votes per state (3) represented approximately one third of the total votes, whereas now it represents approximatelyone fourth of the total votes. If anything, the electoral college needs to be strengthened. We would need an electoral college with approximately 625 total votes, with 2 votes per Senator to achieve the same sort of balance between states and population.

Although we seemingly have more information readily available, the population now frequently acts like an uninformed mob with torches, making death threats.

We are the United States of America - not the United America. Diversity of political opinion is our strength, not a weakness.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on May 20, 2019, 11:57:41 PM
"
faerwin wrote:

You somehow think Trump didn't keep being divisive as fuck against the democrat voters/areas? Puerto Rico and California (remember the fires) come to mind...

Puerto Rico .... *sigh*

I really feel sorry for the people there who have to live under such an inept government.

All you need to know about Puerto Rico's utterly incompetent response despite US Federal assistance in one image:

Yes, that is an image of pallets of drinking water. All this drinking water sat around for months on the tarmac, and the Puerto Rican officials "didn't know about it"
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
From the Read At Your Own Risk Department…

Everyone I Don't Like Is Hitler an Ayn Rand neoliberal: A global feminist, antiracist left-winger's child's guide to political discussion
https://www.dissentmagazine.org/online_articles/ayn-rand-and-the-cruel-heart-of-neoliberalism
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 21, 2019, 1:44:29 AM
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:

quite ridiculous

Your conception is wrong on multiple counts - I'm going to use CanHasPants' numbers posted earlier -

"
CanHasPants wrote:

Donald J. Trump 62,980,160
Hillary R. Clinton 65,845,063

Really though, that is a very peculiar statistic to cite, as opposed to the 120.7 million that voted third party or didn’t vote. What even is majority?

There is a quoting error in there. The 62.9m and 65.8m are from TD. I got 120.7m from the federal register, which provides population 18 and over of 249.4m, minus TD’s numbers, equals 120.7m voting age adults that did not vote for DJT or HRC. I don’t believe the words “popular vote” belong on anyone’s tongue, considering the most popular thing in 2016 was to not vote.

Rather than argue ideology with philosophy. I’d be much more interested to see a map of voter potential by volume. UV is a great disinfectant.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Conman
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info