Donald Trump and US politics

"
deathflower wrote:
"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Naturally, the Last Week Tonight position is that Trump being persuasive is terrifying and dangerous — yawn — but they're still respecting how effective his persuasion is.
Sarcasm. Do you actually admire scammers ? I don´t. Goebbels was persuasive as well. But respect ? No.

These dirty tricks are just one small part of Trump´s disgusting personality.
Rather than being conned, think of it another way. Some people are entice by the smell of deep-fried stinky tofu. Some people just can't stand it.
I get what you're saying, deathflower, but Trump is indeed conning, or at least has conned, portions of his base. He was conning the alt-right, for instance, and I get this feeling he likes floating rumors of DACA amnesty just to piss off the racists he tricked into supporting him. And it was obvious very early on that he doesn't have any genuine intent to prosecute Hillary Rodham Felon, even though that's a campaign promise I was particularly keen on.

That said, it's not like the DNC isn't conning its base as well. [/whataboutism]

The thing about the tofu is it doesn't have a strong enough smell to track it by scent alone. For the most part, people just follow the signs.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Nov 13, 2017, 9:58:47 PM
Don Jr. fucks up again. He apparently was in contact with Wiki Leaks and helped them disseminate the stolen emails. He also told everyone in the Trump campaign that he was doing so. This was in Oct 2016 after it was determined that the hacking was a Russian operation.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/sources-donald-trump-jr-communicated-wikileaks-2016-campaign/story?id=51125083&cid=clicksource_4380645_2_three_posts_card_hed

I tried to link to the Foxnews story, but I was denied access. The story is pretty telling and another nail in the Trump Russia coffin.

He is such a duffus.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
ChanBalam wrote:
This was in Oct 2016 after it was determined that the hacking was a Russian operation.
His name was Seth Rich.

Also, full text of communications between Don Jr and WikiLeaks.

Enjoy your nothingburger.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Nov 14, 2017, 1:04:47 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
ChanBalam wrote:
This was in Oct 2016 after it was determined that the hacking was a Russian operation.
His name was Seth Rich.

Also, full text of communications between Don Jr and WikiLeaks.

Enjoy your nothingburger.

Wait, THAT'S what libs have been REEEEEEEEEing about all day on r/politics? That's... literally nothing. Wow.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
faerwin wrote:
There was another family that heavily implied it but didn't want to say it to the journalist. There was also a racist comment done against mexicans earlier in the article.

I quickly skimmed the article before leaving for work. My apologies if I missed something (I don’t recall the NFL quote regarding anything about race, edit: I don’t doubt that it did). The one example I recall was the one you mention here, and I said nearly explicit because the family seemed to recognize that their was something wrong in their thinking, ergo hesitating and instead implying.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Nov 14, 2017, 4:40:46 AM
Here's thousands of people engaging in mass hallucination:

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/7cv7vz/evidence_of_trumprussia_collusion_already_exists/

It's kinda scary tbh. They are 100% certain that there is something there even though it's definitely not there. And all it needed to trigger this mass hallucination was some people with perceived (not real) authority on the matter to say something about it. Humans are weird.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Here's thousands of people engaging in mass hallucination:

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/7cv7vz/evidence_of_trumprussia_collusion_already_exists/

It's kinda scary tbh. They are 100% certain that there is something there even though it's definitely not there. And all it needed to trigger this mass hallucination was some people with perceived (not real) authority on the matter to say something about it. Humans are weird.
The Trump-Russia collusion narrative goes far beyond propaganda. It is a religion. The prophecy of impeachment and the existence of the smoking gun are fervently believed tenets in a faith that allows those who are blind to the sins of the Clintons to manage the cognitive dissonance created by her loss.

I want to point out that the root cause of this cultism is not Clinton herself, but the system that creates Clintons. Our two-party system functions in a manner to nominate our worst, not our best, to candidacy for President (and Trump was no exception, as intercepted Clinton campaign memoranda show). You have cheerleaders for the giant douche and cheerleaders for the turd sandwich, each able to see only the other side for what they truly are. Eventually one loses, and the supporters of the loser have to deal with the cognitive dissonance of "my glorious hero was defeated by a turd sandwich." Rather than accept the truth of the matter — that their candidate lost on merit, that is, was worse than a turd sandwich — they rationalize their past lionization by perpetrating the illusion of merit in the defeated and wax conspiratorial about how the other cheated their way to victory. (And indeed, both sides are likely to cheat.)

On November 7, 2016, there was nary a Clinton supporter who didn't believe Republicans would be doing exactly what I described in 2017. And if Trump had lost, they'd have been correct. (I mean, we actually know Clinton cheated, but my point is that Trump is far from worthy of the title of God Emperor.)

This is getting worse over time. One reason for this is that we're getting more and more partisan. The other, more important reason is that the US government is getting more and more conspiratorial, attempting to control things it shouldn't, and as a result the tinfoil is rising in the collective subconscious. A word of advice to the Deep State: the Alex Jones Show is not supposed to be an instruction manual.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Nov 14, 2017, 2:47:06 PM

I know when I sign my name, I always switch pens and ink color between signing my first name and last name. I also like to change the style of my numbers, put my professional license under the wrong initials, and add in my favorite game Pathe of Exiled. Ignore the fact that yearbooks come out in spring, and students don't usually carry them around for ~ six months after they are issued - that's just a brightly colored fish decoy.

If this is considered whataboutforgeryism, then I apologize.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Another one where TDS makes people look stupid as fuck:

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/7cxioz/secret_finding_60_russian_payments_to_finance

They don't realize that Russia had elections in 2016.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Another one where TDS makes people look stupid as fuck:

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/7cxioz/secret_finding_60_russian_payments_to_finance

They don't realize that Russia had elections in 2016.
I don't think they realize Russia has elections.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info