Donald Trump and US politics

"
faerwin wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
The folks in that story are fully breitwashed and DEEPLY racist.

And the evidence that they are racist is...

Did the folks named in the story mention Breitbart? No? Did the article mention Breitbart? No? Did you just imagine Breitbart, like the bogeyperson in the closet?

They didn't make any racist comments, either. What does this all add up to? Unfounded assumptions that they must be x-cist and they must be Breitbart readers because they support something you don't.

The beauty of it all, is that this venomous unfounded vocalized hatred for Trump and anyone who supports him just increases the resolve of the people who do. Every time someone makes an unfounded accusation (Like Ben and Jerry's half-baked claims) they are unwittingly helping support Trump.

Keep up the good work!

They made multiple racist comments in the articles. Just read it until the end.

Multiple comments? I saw one at the very end. Compare it with what the same speaker said earlier in the same article:

"We do not watch no NFL now.” They’re Dallas Cowboys fans. “We banned ’em. We don’t watch it.”"

Note the key word NOW. Note that they were or are Dallas Cowboy fans. What changed about the team and league that caused them to ban the NFL? I am distressed to learn that they weren't racist up until very recently, and that Trump turned them into racists.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Nov 13, 2017, 4:47:36 PM
"
CanHasPants wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
There is no single reform to US politics as important as IRV. Get involved in trying to promote it. The predictable result of first-past-the-post is steadily increasing hyper-partisan extremism, and if we don't remove the cause then we deserve the effect.
I would also like to add: ban line voting and do not show party affiliation, and all candidates should face the same barriers to appear on the ballot.

You should have to vote for each individual, by name and platform, not party. You should not be allowed to vote for a temporary monopoly of one party without knowing its individual candidates agendas. If you do not recognize any of the names for a given position, you should not be voting for it.

My father ran for state senate as a libertarian, and never made it onto the ballot. Dems and Reps needed only 500 signatures from their constituents; as a third party candidate my father required 2400. The Republican Party then contested my fathers signatures in court until after the election. This very same story can be told ad nauseam about prospective third party candidates. Edit: those numbers may be off, but the disparity is something similar. It took (literally) hundreds more man-hours to collect the requisite signatures than the primary party candidates combined.

The entire voting process is a sham. Tis why I scoff when one party blames the other for voter suppression—there was no democracy to suppress in the first place, just a dog and pony show.
I don't know if I agree with not listing parties. I think it's important that a voter with little or no information walking into the ballot box has something to go on, although I'd prefer a short (30 second?) video clip from the candidate rather than simply "Republican." I don't think voting should be elitist in the sense of only the well-read political junkies having an effective right to vote in local elections.

I am, however, staunchly against being able to vote a straight party ticket with a single button press. That's outrageous.

Here's the point: I recently looked into the politics of the Catalan region of Spain, and I grew envious. There's a party for centrists who want independence, a party for centrists who don't want independence, a party for communists who want independence, a party for communists who don't want independence, a right-wing party, and even a party for center-left types that are undecided regarding independence. All of these parties have representation in the regional legislature. Yet in the US, every type of political position is forced into one of two monolithic parties. Why can't we have that kind of diversity of ideology in our government?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
There was another family that heavily implied it but didn't want to say it to the journalist. There was also a racist comment done against mexicans earlier in the article.

edit: no, Trump didn't turn them racist but the way he act and his own racist views allow racist people to speak up their racist views with much less restrictions.

The very fact that he take so long to denounce racism (if he does it at all!) give momentum to racist groups and it allow these beliefs to spread.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Last edited by faerwin on Nov 13, 2017, 5:17:08 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Naturally, the Last Week Tonight position is that Trump being persuasive is terrifying and dangerous — yawn — but they're still respecting how effective his persuasion is.

Sarcasm. Do you actually admire scammers ? I don´t. Goebbels was persuasive as well. But respect ? No.

These dirty tricks are just one small part of Trump´s disgusting personality.
[Removed by Support]

The cultists remain absurd. Hannity throws out some [Removed by Support] apologia and is dropped by some advertisers. Some cultists are enraged by this and destroy products they own from one of those advertisers. [Removed by Support] It's those filthy coffee bastards who are to blame!

Yet another reminder that the parties are not remotely the fucking same.
Last edited by Al_GGG on Nov 13, 2017, 8:55:15 PM
"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Naturally, the Last Week Tonight position is that Trump being persuasive is terrifying and dangerous — yawn — but they're still respecting how effective his persuasion is.

Sarcasm. Do you actually admire scammers ? I don´t. Goebbels was persuasive as well. But respect ? No.

Rather than being conned, think of it another way. Some people are entice by the smell of deep-fried stinky tofu. Some people just can't stand it.
TIL allegedly kissing a girl is rape.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
deathflower wrote:
"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Rather than being conned, think of it another way. Some people are entice by the smell of deep-fried stinky tofu. Some people just can't stand it.

Find me one person that LIKES getting scammed. Not remotely the same
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
Jennik wrote:
[Removed by Support]

The cultists remain absurd. Hannity throws out some [Removed by Support] apologia and is dropped by some advertisers. Some cultists are enraged by this and destroy products they own from one of those advertisers. [Removed by Support] It's those filthy coffee bastards who are to blame!

Yet another reminder that the parties are not remotely the fucking same.

People are passionate about their coffee. If future historians were to write that WW3 arose out of a dispute on the best coffee, no one would be surprised. Even Greust can be calm and civilized after a good cup of java.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Keurig just couldn't keep up with the latest technological innovation in the field.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Nov 13, 2017, 10:09:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info