Donald Trump and US politics

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
nygamer wrote:
Life may be all fun and games now in the USA, but as offshoring increases,

Trump is working on that now. Our previous president was happy as a clam to see jobs emigrating.

"
nygamer wrote:
illegal immigration rises
It has taken a serious down turn since Trump became president.

"
nygamer wrote:
, hard-working Americans die off or dropout due to higher taxes and more regulations,
While onerous, taxes and regulations usually don't cause body parts to fall off, or any other physical ailments.

"
nygamer wrote:
the national debt climbs,
It is the debt to GDP ratio that matters, but you are correct in that we do need to address unnecessary spending to bring this down.

"
nygamer wrote:
there is more terrorism as the result of illegal American wars,

The legal American wars don't bring terror? There was no terror before these US actions? I didn't realize the Tamil Tigers were inspired by the US, or that time traveling CIA agents orchestrated the Sicarii's terrorism almost 2000 years ago.

"
nygamer wrote:
the police become more brutal enforcing draconian decrees,

Agreed 1000% "Keep your hands were I can see them", "Don't make any sudden moves" and "Put down that knife," are draconian!

"
nygamer wrote:
the US Ponzi economy and stock markets collapse, cash is banned, Americans are implanted with microchips, and real crises and false flags are used to force Americans to go to the gulags and finally to the gas chambers and ovens,

Aliens!

"
nygamer wrote:
will Americans wish that they had spoken out earlier against the dangers of wars, debt, and tyranny?

With all 140 characters of their emotional and moral fiber, they probably will regret something.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
nygamer wrote:
there is more terrorism as the result of illegal American wars,
The legal American wars don't bring terror? There was no terror before these US actions? I didn't realize the Tamil Tigers were inspired by the US, or that time traveling CIA agents orchestrated the Sicarii's terrorism almost 2000 years ago.
Oh please. Our neocon interventionist foreign policy is a disaster. Was under Bush, was under Obama, still is under Trump.
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
nygamer wrote:
the police become more brutal enforcing draconian decrees,
Agreed 1000% "Keep your hands were I can see them", "Don't make any sudden moves" and "Put down that knife," are draconian!
In too many places the standards for police employment and/or training are too low, allowing dangerous people to patrol our streets. While I suspect corruption exists here and there, I think the main problem with police is pure raw stupid. Unfortunately, stupid cops kill; for instance, when I watched the Philandro Castile police shooting video, what I saw wasn't racism so much as a cop with no real understanding of escalation of force... that is, someone who thinks it's okay to jump straight from verbal warning to lethal point-blank fire with no in-between (ex: punch to the face). All too often American citizens find their lives in the hands of a sub-80 IQ exmilitary brute behind a badge; such an experience is terrifying. We need more Sherlock Holmes and a lot less John McClane.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Nov 6, 2017, 4:03:18 PM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
Trump asked the Japanese diplomats why they couldn't build their autos in the USA instead of shipping them from Japan.

What's wrong with asking them to build more manufacturing plants in the USA? How that usually works is they're poised to offer them some sorta deal. Tax breaks, lower utilities, etc.
Good economic planning doesn't work that way. Transferring tax dollars to companies to get them to move can help a city, but it does not grow the nation's economy. It just moves dollars around from one pocket to another.

If a nation wants to grow its economic wealth, it needs to sell things to other nations and bring that new cash into the home nation economy. that is what China has been doing: selling goods to the US and creating wealth at home. Exporting grows a nations economy. For Japan to build cars in the US at the cost of shipping them from Japan increases the US economic wealth, not that of Japan. Exporting US food through NAFTA grows the US economy. Adding more companies in the US that sell to US customers, only divides up the US economy differently between US companies. It doesn't grow the economy. Wal-Mart wiped out many local businesses and became huge, it did not add to the US economy. Amazon is doing the same. In fact, if they buy goods from overseas, then they are growing those nations' economies. If Amazon switches from buying foreign made products to US made ones, that helps, because it keeps our wealth at home. Depending upon how the money is spent, repatriating foreign bank accounts like apples, can help grow our economy. More stock dividends for US citizens from overseas accounts brought home would help. Growing a nation's economy is all about exporting more and importing less. Plus improving productivity.

Fun Fact: From 2010 to 2014, 20 counties in the US accounted for 50% all the economic recovery growth after the great recession. 19 of those counties were in CA, NV, AZ, TX and FL. Only 17% of the population live in those 20 counties. Government giveaways to get the attention of companies is a very unbalanced business.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6N3Z9XLSQU

Come on, everyone will tap their toes to this one :)
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Oh please. Our neocon interventionist foreign policy is a disaster.

Our non-interventionist foreign policies were even more of a disaster. I am genuinely curious as to what the people of OT think the purpose of US foreign policy is?
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6N3Z9XLSQU

Come on, everyone will tap their toes to this one :)

I was kind of excited for a fun parody when I saw the "Shady Bunch" title. Oh well, I'll give them a C for the effort, mainly because he sings well. Their meter is seriously strained though. Here's how I would redo it, given the same TDS mindset:

Here's the story of a thug named Putin,
Who was slinging out these very ugly lies.
All of them were aimed at Her, we soon discovered
that Trump was compromised

Here's the story, of an orange haired baby
Who was busy with tweet noise on his phone,
He had con men, scheming all together,
Yes, they were Russian owned.

Till the one day when the jury met with Mueller,
And they knew it was much more than a hunch,
That these crooks must somehow form a crime ring.
That's the way they all became the Shady Bunch.

Last edited by DalaiLama on Nov 6, 2017, 11:14:41 PM
Not bad at all!
I just realized why Trump will win in 2020.

The Democratic narrative is...
The previous election was rigged... and not rigged by messing with vote counts, but rigged with a few thousand dollars of Russian internet ads. People are deterministic flesh machines who do what their smartphone screens tell them to do. Hillary won the popular vote, but Trump stole it with the archaic electoral college. Your vote didn't matter, and it won't matter.

The Republican narrative is... well, I'll just let Lionel explain it.

One side believes their ballot matters; the other doesn't. And the longer the Democrats push the Russia narrative while failing to address the corrupt primary, the more their base will be convinced to stay home on election day. Republicans will not have this problem.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Nov 7, 2017, 11:16:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info