Donald Trump and US politics

"
deathflower wrote:

Not trolling. We weaponised the law to deal with the most intolerant segments of society, and they keep their mouth shut.

He wants to punish people for thoughtcrime so I assumed he was trolling. The laws also don't really work. We have very rigorous hate speech laws in Germany and we still have around 12k neo-nazis. Pretty sure the US doesn't have more neo-nazis than Germany, especially when you consider it has four times the population.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
There's a fundamental difference between "black lives matter," "white lives matter," and "it's okay to be white."

1) Black lives matter - Black people are killed by the police in situations where non-black people would not be. They are unfairly targeted with violence and discrimination by the police. "Black lives matter" was created as a way of saying, "our lives also matter, so please stop murdering us."

2) White lives matter - Racist white people started saying this to mock the "black lives matter" movement. It's racist trolling.

3) It's okay to be white - Again, this is racist trolling. It's not being said to respond to a social pressure. It's a trap laid by racists so that they can say anyone who calls them on their idiocy is the real racist. View this the same way you'd view Sargon of Akkad's "I wouldn't even rape you," because it's the exact same style of shitty, right-wing trolling.
Well stated.
Jennik, I wouldn't even say it's not okay to be whatever ethnicity you are.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
Jennik wrote:

1) Black lives matter - Black people are killed by the police in situations where non-black people would not be. They are unfairly targeted with violence and discrimination by the police. "Black lives matter" was created as a way of saying, "our lives also matter, so please stop murdering us."

This is factually wrong. When you factor in crime rates, black people aren't disproportionately targeted by police.

"
Jennik wrote:
2) White lives matter - Racist white people started saying this to mock the "black lives matter" movement. It's racist trolling.

I agree.

"
Jennik wrote:
3) It's okay to be white - Again, this is racist trolling. It's not being said to respond to a social pressure. It's a trap laid by racists so that they can say anyone who calls them on their idiocy is the real racist. View this the same way you'd view Sargon of Akkad's "I wouldn't even rape you," because it's the exact same style of shitty, right-wing trolling.

I disagree. Nothing about "it's okay to be white" is racist. It's great to trigger anti-white sentiments though. That's the whole point of it. So it's trolling, but not racist.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Freedom of speech should never extend to racism. Racists should be punished by law for being aligned with racist values.

Then you'd need to start by prosecuting the democrat candidate for governor in Virginia

"Ralph Northam, the Democratic nominee for Virginia governor, is losing support from one of the country’s largest and most progressive political action committees, which accuses the candidate of racists acts.

Progressive PAC Democracy for America (DFA) – which boasts more than 42,000 members in the Old Dominion alone -- announced this week that it will stop “any work to directly aid” the campaign, NationalReview.com reported.

Northam faces Republican nominee Ed Gillespie in next week’s election.

Northam is the state's current lieutenant governor. Gillespie is a former chairman of the Republican National Committee.

DFA said in a statement released Thursday night that it removed references to Northam in its get-out-the-vote calls after the Democratic candidate’s campaign airbrushed photos of lieutenant-governor candidate Justin Fairfax, who is African American, off campaign fliers."
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
deathflower wrote:
Not trolling. We weaponised the law to deal with the most intolerant segments of society, and they keep their mouth shut.

Weaponized the law? Puh-leeze. Abraham Lincoln fought a civil war to take slaves away from the Democrats. You have only to look at LBJ's comments, look at the apathy to the Chicago Shootings or many DNC policies to know that the left is the racist group, who only gives lip service to minorities in order to whip them into a voting frenzy.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
Freedom of speech should never extend to racism. Racists should be punished by law for being aligned with racist values.

Then you'd need to start by prosecuting the democrat candidate for governor in Virginia

"Ralph Northam, the Democratic nominee for Virginia governor, is losing support from one of the country’s largest and most progressive political action committees, which accuses the candidate of racists acts.

Progressive PAC Democracy for America (DFA) – which boasts more than 42,000 members in the Old Dominion alone -- announced this week that it will stop “any work to directly aid” the campaign, NationalReview.com reported.

Northam faces Republican nominee Ed Gillespie in next week’s election.

Northam is the state's current lieutenant governor. Gillespie is a former chairman of the Republican National Committee.

DFA said in a statement released Thursday night that it removed references to Northam in its get-out-the-vote calls after the Democratic candidate’s campaign airbrushed photos of lieutenant-governor candidate Justin Fairfax, who is African American, off campaign fliers."

I don't base my views on racism by party affiliation. A racist is a racist.
"
DalaiLama wrote:
Abraham Lincoln fought a civil war to take slaves away from the Democrats. You have only to look at LBJ's comments, look at the apathy to the Chicago Shootings or many DNC policies to know that the left is the racist group, who only gives lip service to minorities in order to whip them into a voting frenzy.

That is a disgusting misrepresentation of reality. There's no way you're ignorant of the fact that the parties have changed over the years. I'm pretty sure I've posted this in the thread ages ago, but here's Lincoln's electoral map again:

Conservatives have been the racists throughout America's history. They switched from the Democrats to the Republicans long ago. You can bring up facts like the KKK originating with Democrats and Lincoln being a Republican, but stopping there without clarifying that the KKK votes (R) now and supported Trump, while Lincoln was the liberal candidate then, is the same as lying. Remember that "Unite the Right" rally? Before that, remember the Nazi salutes and chants of "Heil Trump! Heil victory!" Of course you do.

You've changed what you call yourselves occasionally, but people like you have always been on the wrong side of American history. Your obvious and ridiculous lies don't change that fact.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info