Donald Trump and US politics

What Hillary is or isn't is irrelevant.
Hey! Do you mind sending her that memo? Because I don't think the psychopath knows it yet.
Censored.
"

What Happened
"
pneuma wrote:
"

What Happened

She's not president, so she's kind of irrelevant to the tasks of a president.

Just like Trump would be irrelevant to a would be thread named "Hillary Clinton and US politics" if she had won.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Yes :D
Past a certain point fantasizing isn't healthy.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Maybe after Trump and Clinton, you can talk about something more interesting like democratic political dysfunction.
Have we found out yet?
She should be in jail
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:

Just like Trump would be irrelevant to a would be thread named "Hillary Clinton and US politics" if she had won.
Not that we'd even have such a thread. We certainly didn't have one called 'Barack Obama and US Politics'.

I'll leave it up to you to figure out why.
Well, such a title gives the implication that the two listed items are not redundant, thus somewhat separate (for example, consider the implication of "Donald Trump and the President of the United States").

So assuming that "US politics" means the typical pundit coverage, the implication is that Donald Trump's separate from the lying, clickbait, corporate shill, Operation Mockingbird, incompetent repeat-not-report sockpuppet media. Whether or not this implication is truth or illusion is debatable, but the point such a title points to is the claim: Donald Trump represented himself as anti-establishment, whether he actually is or not.

So yes, we wouldn't have had a thread about whether President Obama was as anti-establishment as Candidate Obama. The media didn't seem to bias against him. Most of hs base didn't vote for him because they cared about those issues. They voted for him because the opposite of Bush talking points must be good things to say because fuck Bush, and Obama had the "correct" skin color.

Are there Trump voters whose voting methodology was a mirror of the same nonsense? Yes. But proportionately fewer. The Republicans are more focused on issues and not quite knee-deep in identirarianism as the Democrats of eight years ago, much less now.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Oct 11, 2017, 2:58:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info