Donald Trump and US politics

bb Tom
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I saw that yesterday but didn't get around to reading her stupid blog post until this morning. She is no librarian if she puts her opinions before students' book needs/wants and furthermore it is just rude to act like that when someone donates something. Doesn't need the books? Then donate them to poor kids that can't afford them.

Oh, wait, Dr Seuss is a horrible racist now. The left doesn't know how stupid they sound, truly.

This is pretty much political. Her library is well funded and doesn't lack books, 10 copies of Dr Seuss books would hardly make a difference. When she say she has access to several, more acceptable choices that reflect anti racism sentiment. It is pretty much symbolical. If Melania Trump would send those books instead, it is symbolical whether the first lady support anti racism sentiment.
Some idiot lib showed me cartoons he had drawn during WW2 with the caricature of the evil Japanese that was popular here in that era. OK. That was a wartime sentiment. Cringeworthy by our standards now, of course but the damned pic is not in his books. I loved Dr Seuss when I was a kid. They have gone over the line this time. Lots of us grew up with him.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Some idiot lib showed me cartoons he had drawn during WW2 with the caricature of the evil Japanese that was popular here in that era. OK. That was a wartime sentiment. Cringeworthy by our standards now, of course but the damned pic is not in his books. I loved Dr Seuss when I was a kid. They have gone over the line this time. Lots of us grew up with him.

I thought people like that game. Want to escalate partisanship? Don't complain. Everything can political.
If we discard the entire life's work of an artist because at one time they sinned according to contemporary standards, then when we are done discarding not a single piece of art shall remain. Our focus on identity has become so perversely myopic that we've gone beyond losing sight of the issues — we are attacking the issues with identity itself. Ad hominem gone berserk.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 29, 2017, 9:29:51 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
If we discard the entire life's work of an artist because at one time they sinned according to contemporary standards, then when we are done discarding not a single piece of art shall remain. Our focus on identity has become so perversely myopic that we've gone beyond losing sight of the issues — we are attacking the issues with identity itself. Ad hominem gone berserk.

You are missing the point. If they believe that protesting is an act of patriotism and you believe standing is an act of patriotism. Would you bend a kneel?

PS: Someone return 10 books because they don't like the art depicted. And that is big news?
Last edited by deathflower on Sep 29, 2017, 11:47:25 PM
According to Trump, Puerto Rico is fake news.
He left Washington today for the weekend so he can play golf at his resort in NJ. Oh and he flew there on Air Force 1.

Why hasn't he ordered the 82nd Airborne to flood PR with MREs, fuel, and water? Why isn't the Army Corps of Engineers clearing roads and restoring power?

Because Trump is a loser.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
deathflower wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
You are missing the point.
Perhaps accidentally. I believe you are doing so willfully.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
You are missing the point.
Perhaps accidentally. I believe you are doing so willfully.

If Ad hominem is calling the opposing side unpatriotic, both side can willfully do so. It is no accident.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info