Donald Trump and US politics

"
Xavderion wrote:
Not at all. It means that Manefort's phones were tapped and if The Donald talked to Manefort, then he was overheard. The Donald was not tapped. Since, apparently, Manefort and The Donald have been talking regularly all spring, I wonder if The Donald told Manefort not to not talk to Mueller or worry about any indictments because a pardon would be coming. That would be obstruction....
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I want an end to automatically granting citizenship to those born in the US.

In favor of what?

"Service guarantees citizenship"?
History exam and constitutional pledge?
Donation of $X to pay off part of the debt?

I'm not actually sure what great models are out there besides `jus sanguinis` and/or `jus soli`.
"
pneuma wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I want an end to automatically granting citizenship to those born in the US.
In favor of what?
Those born within the United States would inherit the more favorable immigration status of their two parents (at time of birth, per birth certificate).

This would require amendment to the Constitution, as the 14th Amendment currently guarantees citizenship to all born in the US. As difficult as this would be, I think it's borderline absurd to debate the impact of DACA/DREAMer chain migration when birthright-citizenship chain migration is wide open.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 19, 2017, 3:27:53 AM
"
ChanBalam wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
Not at all. It means that Manefort's phones were tapped and if The Donald talked to Manefort, then he was overheard. The Donald was not tapped. Since, apparently, Manefort and The Donald have been talking regularly all spring, I wonder if The Donald told Manefort not to not talk to Mueller or worry about any indictments because a pardon would be coming. That would be obstruction....

You say not at all and then proceed to confirm exactly what I said. Is it so hard to admit that Trump was right? Manafort lived in Trump Tower and regularly talked to Trump about the campaign over the phone.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
deathflower wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:

They have a very high possibility of getting a green card, and eventually citizenship. Their family members who have gone through the process (several of them) have had no problems.

That is only possible under Obama and his Advance Parole exploit, Trump closed that loophole. Unless they already obtain a legal lawful entry status before that.

A friend of mine practices immigration law for a living, and his ability to get people green cards and citizenship hasn't changed over the last year. It is just a matter of time and working through the process.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:

They have a very high possibility of getting a green card, and eventually citizenship. Their family members who have gone through the process (several of them) have had no problems.

That is only possible under Obama and his Advance Parole exploit, Trump closed that loophole. Unless they already obtain a legal lawful entry status before that.

A friend of mine practices immigration law for a living, and his ability to get people green cards and citizenship hasn't changed over the last year. It is just a matter of time and working through the process.

I was under the impression that Undocumented immigrants cannot apply for a green card within the U.S. border, they need to return to their country and apply as required by the law. But they are bars entry because of their unlawful presence, they are ineligible to return. One possibility is to get the government to waive the bans. How do they work around that?
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
ChanBalam wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

You say not at all and then proceed to confirm exactly what I said. Is it so hard to admit that Trump was right? Manafort lived in Trump Tower and regularly talked to Trump about the campaign over the phone.
I admit that I did not know that Manefort had an apartment in TT. It was one of three homes. I looked to see if he still has that apartment. I don't know yet. Do you?

Trump Tweeted in March: "Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!" Trump's phones were not tapped. FISA warrants are specific and it was Manefort's phones. Again Trump would only be captured in a call he had with Manefort. Secondly, I suspect that Manefort is a cell phone kinda guy and rarely did any business on any land line in his apartment or houses. For Trump's tweet to be correct it would have to read: "Terrible! Just found out that the FBI under a legal FISA Warrant Obama had Paul Manefort's phones my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!"
US Mountain Time Zone
Hey ChanBalam, do you remember how Republicans sounded in 2000 when they went after Al Gore saying "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet?" They tried to say he was lying because he didn't personally invent the internet, completely discounting a valid claim of support for a wildly successful program.

That's how you sound right now. You're drawing this big — and misleading — distinction between Trump the man and the Trump campaign, as well as Trump the real estate mogul. They were listening in on his campaign staff (although they claim they stopped listening just before Manafort became campaign chair, then immediately resumed again with a new warrant as soon as Manafort lost the position — yeah, sure), in a building Trump owns. And the word you are raising a fuss about is "my?" Or is it "Obama?" In a 140-character message. Seriously? Close e-damn-nough.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 19, 2017, 11:42:56 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Hey ChanBalam, do you remember how Republicans sounded in 2000 when they went after Al Gore saying "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet?" They tried to say he was lying because he didn't personally invent the internet, completely discounting a valid claim of support for a wildly successful program.

That's how you sound right now. You're drawing this big — and misleading — distinction between Trump the man and the Trump campaign, as well as Trump the real estate mogul. They were listening in on his campaign staff (although they claim they stopped listening just before Manafort became campaign chair, then immediately resumed again with a new warrant as soon as Manafort lost the position — yeah, sure), in a building Trump owns. And the word you are raising a fuss about is "my?" Or is it "Obama?" In a 140-character message. Seriously? Close e-damn-nough.

If it were the other way round (as in Trump wiretapping a Democrat candidate), the outrage would be insane. A bunch of phonies.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

I do remember and my opinion is still the same: Gore was being stupid and deserved to be mocked for such stupidity.

Trump was tweeting as the POTUS and he was all about blaming Obama for stuff as a distraction from Russia. We are both splitting hairs here to make our case. To our knowledge so far, Trump was never tapped and Russia won't go away. It looks like Manefort is going down.
US Mountain Time Zone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info