[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

Hello guys,

I'm a new POE player here. This is a great build and I can clear T5/T6 maps reliably now. I would like to upgrade my gear and I'm on a budget of 40c. What would you recommend to upgrade first?

Thx!
Looking at the lvl 95 tree with Xoph's pure damage:

If you drop the 10 nodes on the right side of the tree (Primeval Force & Herbalism) you can instead choose Slaughter (5 nodes) and 5 more life-nodes in the Constitution area.

That gives you more life as well as more DPS. According to PoB you gain ~2k dps.
Think I found some confusion with Gem setups... Not sure if Im doing it right lol.

Bosses are killing in T10 maps not sure what the issue is. Im cruising through trash though stuff pretty much instantly dies.

My jewels are garbage Im just using them right now cause its all I can afford at the moment. 6% life though so figured I mine as well slot them in there.

Any chance you could take a quick look at my profile and give me some advice? Anyone really.

Appreciate your response earlier, think I figured out the gem situation now.

Also wanted to thank you for the build. Keep asking questions and don't think I've ever thanked you for this and your Scion variation. Started with the Scion and switched to Slayer because of Vaal Pact. Really enjoying this build, as it's my first real build ever, as I just started this League.

So.. tl;dr: thanks for the build guide, great work, keep on keeping on, etc :)
"
Rullmihr wrote:

If you drop the 10 nodes on the right side of the tree (Primeval Force & Herbalism) you can instead choose Slaughter (5 nodes) and 5 more life-nodes in the Constitution area.

That gives you more life as well as more DPS. According to PoB you gain ~2k dps.

I try it and i had 130k dps with POB now with slaughter i have 135k...so its difference and u have +1 node lifewhat is perfect because i didnt have points in Herbalism
"
B1tGh0st wrote:
Think I found some confusion with Gem setups... Not sure if Im doing it right lol.

Bosses are killing in T10 maps not sure what the issue is. Im cruising through trash though stuff pretty much instantly dies.

My jewels are garbage Im just using them right now cause its all I can afford at the moment. 6% life though so figured I mine as well slot them in there.

Any chance you could take a quick look at my profile and give me some advice? Anyone really.

Your biggest issue is definitely your Cyclone links. You have Cyclone+Fortify+CoMK+Cremation+CE. During boss fights, your Cyclone is effectively a 2L (2.5 if you count the small damage buff Fortify gives). This is not going to work, especially if you don't get Cremation explosions near the boss. I would not run this setup unless you have much better gear (Shroud of the Lightless or a 6L + Vaal Breach to spawn mobs in arenas). Further, if you're struggling with bosses Volatile Dead is a better choice, but honestly I would just drop the CoMK setup all together and run a 5L Cyclone (see build guide for suggestions, but if you can fit Fortify in with your Leap Slam setup, I would suggest giving this a try - it's a huge damage increase to run another More multiplier or Fire Pen in your Cyclone links vs Fortify, you just have to remember to Leap Slam every 5-6s.)

Confused how you have Anger, Flammability, and Herald of Ash all going without Enlighten or Impresence. I would guess you're just leveling one of these and not running all 3? If so, run Anger + Herald of Ash. Flammability is weakest when you need it the most - boss fights. I also see two Blood Rage gems and an empty gem socket. You could fill those links with Ancestral Protector, CWDT+IC, Leap Slam+FA+Fortify, etc... lots of wasted utility here.

Also, you have a Xoph's (therefore Avatar of Fire), but are also adding lots of flat non-fire elemental damage with your jewels - these are all effectively wasted (reduced by 50%) rolls as a result. You can easily get +Fire/+Phys and Max Life jewels for under 30c each, cheaper if you are ok with a lower life roll. Also remember Ngahamu's is an axe, not a mace. Your Honour Hold steel ring is also adding flat cold damage - this could easily be replaced with physical or fire damage.

Finally - you've only got a single 3L in your weapon swap leveling unimportant gems for the build. Get another 3L going and level up some of the primary and support gems for this build, you're going to want them when your more multiplier damage gems hit 20 and you reset them to 1/20%. Quality on everything helps a lot here, but you also can't afford to have all your more multipliers reset to their level 1 values at once in high tier maps.

Edit: you can take a look at my character if you'd like, my gear is far from perfect but I find this build to be extremely well balanced in terms of clear speed vs boss killing and is absolutely cruising through everything I've thrown at it (up to corrupted T15s): character name is RipAndSpin. Note I do have a extra Fire Damage Watcher's Eye plugged in my tree (I recommend picking one up ASAP), this helps tremendously - felt like the build really took off when I acquired one. I'm about to purchase a Xoph's which will help even more.
Last edited by CadmiumFlow on Jan 11, 2018, 10:48:56 AM
"
fa_cassegrain wrote:
Spoiler

Hello guys,

I'm a new POE player here. This is a great build and I can clear T5/T6 maps reliably now. I would like to upgrade my gear and I'm on a budget of 40c. What would you recommend to upgrade first?

Thx!

Roll 6 sockets on your Ngamahu axe. You are missing a lot of damage over there.

You do not need any link on the axe. Just 6 sockets will do.

You can consider getting a new Ngamahu that has at least 410 pDPS and comes with 6 sockets.

Upgrade your Eagle Hold ring. Get better life rolls on them.

Eventually you will want to use 1 of the recommended chest piece in the guide for end game content.

"
Rullmihr wrote:

Depending on your gears. On my level 99 character, Primeval Force gives a lot more Shaper damage (~63K more) than Slaughter cluster when buffed.

So if Slaughter works better for your gears, then certainly, go for it.

Do note that Primeval Force provides more damage when you use a flask.

"
B1tGh0st wrote:

@CadmiumFlow provided a very good writeup with regards to your gears so definitely check out those items that he have mentioned. :)

"
Beacon95 wrote:
Appreciate your response earlier, think I figured out the gem situation now.

Also wanted to thank you for the build. Keep asking questions and don't think I've ever thanked you for this and your Scion variation. Started with the Scion and switched to Slayer because of Vaal Pact. Really enjoying this build, as it's my first real build ever, as I just started this League.

So.. tl;dr: thanks for the build guide, great work, keep on keeping on, etc :)

You are welcome. :)

"
bravo373 wrote:

I try it and i had 130k dps with POB now with slaughter i have 135k...so its difference and u have +1 node lifewhat is perfect because i didnt have points in Herbalism

Check out my above response to @Rullmihr . :)
Last edited by kira1414 on Jan 11, 2018, 11:31:39 AM
So, i bought Xoph and 2 Opal ring (i dont know if worth crafting Flat phys or Flat fire damage on them) and i kinda lost now, i 6l my Bronn Lithe or buy Dying sun?

Which you consider priority?

Thanks for the great build.
"
Dzarke wrote:
So, i bought Xoph and 2 Opal ring (i dont know if worth crafting Flat phys or Flat fire damage on them) and i kinda lost now, i 6l my Bronn Lithe or buy Dying sun?

Which you consider priority?

Thanks for the great build.

Path of Building helps tremendously with stuff like this! Download it and check it out - you can now easily import your current character. I would assume the Physical damage will scale better (especially if you have Watcher's eye), but you can use PoB to be absolutely certain.

I'm going to guess the 6L is more important. Dying Sun is nice for clearspeed in this build thanks to the AoE and more meatballs effect, but for boss fights - especially moving bosses that dodge your balls anyways - the 6L will be better.

"
kira1414 wrote:
@CadmiumFlow provided a very good writeup with regards to your gears so definitely check out those items that he have mentioned. :)

Thank you for the kind words! And thank you for the wonderful build and guide, as well as your continued dedication in supporting it. It's pretty amazing you're still here 374 pages later posting several-paragraph long replies to everyone's questions.
Last edited by CadmiumFlow on Jan 11, 2018, 12:06:11 PM
"
CadmiumFlow wrote:
"
B1tGh0st wrote:

Your biggest issue is definitely your Cyclone links. You have Cyclone+Fortify+CoMK+Cremation+CE. During boss fights, your Cyclone is effectively a 2L (2.5 if you count the small damage buff Fortify gives). This is not going to work, especially if you don't get Cremation explosions near the boss. I would not run this setup unless you have much better gear (Shroud of the Lightless or a 6L + Vaal Breach to spawn mobs in arenas). Further, if you're struggling with bosses Volatile Dead is a better choice, but honestly I would just drop the CoMK setup all together and run a 5L Cyclone (see build guide for suggestions, but if you can fit Fortify in with your Leap Slam setup, I would suggest giving this a try - it's a huge damage increase to run another More multiplier or Fire Pen in your Cyclone links vs Fortify, you just have to remember to Leap Slam every 5-6s.)

Confused how you have Anger, Flammability, and Herald of Ash all going without Enlighten or Impresence. I would guess you're just leveling one of these and not running all 3? If so, run Anger + Herald of Ash. Flammability is weakest when you need it the most - boss fights. I also see two Blood Rage gems and an empty gem socket. You could fill those links with Ancestral Protector, CWDT+IC, Leap Slam+FA+Fortify, etc... lots of wasted utility here.

Also, you have a Xoph's (therefore Avatar of Fire), but are also adding lots of flat non-fire elemental damage with your jewels - these are all effectively wasted (reduced by 50%) rolls as a result. You can easily get +Fire/+Phys and Max Life jewels for under 30c each, cheaper if you are ok with a lower life roll. Also remember Ngahamu's is an axe, not a mace. Your Honour Hold steel ring is also adding flat cold damage - this could easily be replaced with physical or fire damage.

Finally - you've only got a single 3L in your weapon swap leveling unimportant gems for the build. Get another 3L going and level up some of the primary and support gems for this build, you're going to want them when your more multiplier damage gems hit 20 and you reset them to 1/20%. Quality on everything helps a lot here, but you also can't afford to have all your more multipliers reset to their level 1 values at once in high tier maps.

Edit: you can take a look at my character if you'd like, my gear is far from perfect but I find this build to be extremely well balanced in terms of clear speed vs boss killing and is absolutely cruising through everything I've thrown at it (up to corrupted T15s): character name is RipAndSpin. Note I do have a extra Fire Damage Watcher's Eye plugged in my tree (I recommend picking one up ASAP), this helps tremendously - felt like the build really took off when I acquired one. I'm about to purchase a Xoph's which will help even more.

Thanks a ton. Yeah it was late I had to basically rebuild the character again haha it was sunder. Yeah I know the jewels are horrible Ill get some better ones after I get back some currency. I spent everything I had on this.. I know those are bad. Yeah Ill look into better links. Thank you so much for the look over.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info