[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

Achievement unlocked!

Reached 100k+ DPS with farming set up. In hideout with Anger/WE and HoA up.

FeelsGreatMan ^_^
Deliver pain exquisite
"
"
Chyurdan wrote:
but only the one with the highest damage per second will cause damage at any given moment"

"Different sources of burning damage stack cumulatively, but multiple applications from the same source do not"

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Burning

Also, you failed to actually digest the important part of your quote. Let me quote the entire thing:

"All burning effects will remain present on the target until they have run their course, but for each source, only the one with the highest damage per second will cause damage at any given moment. Humanoids, Monkeys and Snakes will flee while burning"

Yes, only one source can damage through burn at a given time, once it's done, the next source begins till the entirety of the burn from all different sources is done.

The point is the burning damage will have a maximum amount, even though it might tick constantly because you have multiple stacks waiting to start. But saying "Once the monsters are burning, any additional fire damage will be added (additive not multiplicative) to the burn as DoT." it sounds like as long as a monster starts burning if you hit them for 50k fire damage it will be added to the DoT of the burn. I'm not contesting burn damage in viability just pointing out your wording.
hi everyone i'm following this build on Xbox abyss league and for now is very a good build 5L and i've down the guardians , for shaper i prefer wait my 6L , just a question , someone can advice me a good amulet or the stat i must search on the amulet ? on Xbox the price of item are very differents a xoph key to access Xoph's domain is 2-3ex so i have not 2-3 to hope loot the amulet , Imprescence for flammability looks very good but never saw it in trade market ( like an auction house on Xbox) so i'm here to ask you if someone can advice me something to up my dps , i saw the Tamming ring on a post above , i has saw it on the wiki but to craft it I need 3 rings and the rings cost 2ex each on Xbox so will continue to try to craft the only opal rings i have looted :(
"

That's what I run. For the price, Taste of Hate is a way better investment. Plus it helps a great deal with Shape/Elder as they both deal insane (and only) cold damage when it comes to elemental. Together with Purity of Ice, you can get 86% cold resistance and funnel a large chunk of physical damage through it as well. It also brings about 5% more damage with it, which applies to all your skills not just your projectiles. Just be careful as it will push your cold resistance through the roof and will likely negate Wise Oak (which is also not nearly as good as it used to be).

I run Writhing Jar, Taste of Hate and Lion's Roar. The other two are life and quicksilver.

MB has a 20% of proc'ing and deals about ~10% of the damage cyclone deals. Multiply that x7 with Greater Multiple Projectiles. So out of every 10 hits, you get 14 projectiles. So you can look at that as 70% damage with 2 extra hits.

10 hits on Cyclone
2 hits on MB (@70%)

Dying Sun will boost that 70% to 90%, so you'll see a 20% boost on a skill that's actually rarely used (MB brings less than 20% more damage on top of Cyclone, on average).

That's exactly what Headsman brings, but it's also boosting Cyclone. So you get a 20% boost to your existing 7 projectiles, which make up a fraction of your total damage and then a 20% to Cyclone itself, the meat and potatoes of the build. And you get all that at a 1c cost.

I'd sell Dying Sun and use that ex for some better gear that will bring a meaningful upgrade, like a Devoto's with Cyclone damage or Cyclone Attack Speed, both provide way more dps than an increase to your curse, which does very little to end game bosses.

For min/maxing, Dying Sun is definitely good for that. And vs boss like Shaper, you don't need that extra life flask.

"

And to go full YOLO on Shaper, swap quick silver for:

Use Watcher's Eye with Extra Fire + immunity to freeze while affected by Purity of Ice.

"
pyrojkl wrote:
About flasks, I good a good base of flasks but i feel like bleed damage could get scary without a flask to counter it.

Here is my current flask setup as I approach starting maps. (PS. i am considering swapping quicksilver for another life flask with remove bleed since I currently don't have a problem spamming leapslam)

Yes. As of 3.1, the nerf to Brutal Fervour makes traps in uber lab and trials much more potent. I will definitely use an anti-bleed life flask going forward.

I have updated the guide to reflect this too.

"
"
Fedaykenn wrote:
correct me if im wrong but i thought the molten burst is our actually singletarget dmg dealer not cyclone itself.

Negative. Cyclone brings about 85% of your total damage and it's actually single target with a small AoE. That's why we run HoA for mapping because that's what brings the improved multi-target damage and clear speeds. You're thinking about the actual skill MS which is totally different. MB may look the same but they scale very differently.

To be more exact, Cyclone scales very well as you gear towards min/max whereas Molten Burst stays pretty stagnant with better gears.

When you are just starting off with the build, Molten Burst will definitely out damage Cyclone. But as you get better gears, Cyclone will make up 60+% of your total damage.

"
PSA:

I see most of you guys are running with Elemental Focus on your Ngamahu, which gives a nice multiplicative boost to your projectiles but sadly negates the ignite effect. I would offer an alternative approach: swap out EF for Chance to Ignite. You'll lose some upfront damage, but your projectiles with ignite. The ignite damage isn't much (10%) but what's important is how ignite works.

Once the monsters are burning, any additional fire damage will be added (additive not multiplicative) to the burn as DoT. This means cyclone will actually kick off a substantial amount of DoT (sadly Uber Atziri cannot be ignited) which far exceeds the little added damage you get from EF.

Anyway, just an alternate approach.

Great pointer there! Didn't occur to me at all to swap Elemental Focus with Chance to Ignite gem.

I have updated the gems section for the axe to reflect this. Removing the previous ignite gems setup.

Thanks for that!

Personally, I always run ignite setup on the axe as it helps so much in mapping.

"
Jonamitsu wrote:
At long last

That is some feat.

Things to take note. I assume that you are running Wise Oak. If you are using Taste of Hate too, you will need Dying Sun to ensure fire resist is highest.

"
Djangooo wrote:
I upgraded some gear today. My build is looking nice. I do like Dying Sun as it caps my fire res over my cold for the bismuth flask buff. Bought the Taming as a "cheap" alternative to a decent steel ring. Neat damage with 120 resist, it's still a very good ring with this build.

Lost about 1000 armor for a ton of DPS with the gloves (intimidate rocks). Made a RRRBBG Bronns so I could run Fortify 24/7, the 20% damage reduction is insane. I notice it super hard. My gear is nearing 90~ exalts now, I wonder what my next upgrade should be?

Probably my second ring? A Perfect Nghamu? Help me out boys! I'm not planning to quit anytime soon.

Spoiler

If you are pushing for min/max on your gears, ideal stats on Ngamahu:
"
+2 Weapon Range + 230% physical damage + 12% attack speed

Opal rings and Watcher's Eye (see recommended gears) will give you good damage boost.

"
jekyll2414 wrote:
hi everyone i'm following this build on Xbox abyss league and for now is very a good build 5L and i've down the guardians , for shaper i prefer wait my 6L , just a question , someone can advice me a good amulet or the stat i must search on the amulet ? on Xbox the price of item are very differents a xoph key to access Xoph's domain is 2-3ex so i have not 2-3 to hope loot the amulet , Imprescence for flammability looks very good but never saw it in trade market ( like an auction house on Xbox) so i'm here to ask you if someone can advice me something to up my dps , i saw the Tamming ring on a post above , i has saw it on the wiki but to craft it I need 3 rings and the rings cost 2ex each on Xbox so will continue to try to craft the only opal rings i have looted :(

A very well rolled Opal ring will be better than The Taming.

For amulet, I am using this in SSF (running Avatar of Fire skill tree):

You can look for 1 with similar stats, prioritizing life roll, and resistance.
great guide, killed Minotaur for the first time ever (still a new player) and with pretty crappy gear, look at your own risk, just wanted to say thanks for the guide i am having a blast

Great guide had abit of trouble getting 3r2g1b think im about 600 chrom in :(
For mapping may i add that adding Volatile dead to your build hleps clear maps so much better then missing afew with your cyclone.
What is better Opal ring With Elementaal dmg + Elemental dmg + Life + ressist...or Opal with Elemental + Physi + life + ressist
I'm enjoying this build however I am having to watch my mana more than I would like to. I'm level 79. Is this normal to need to be careful with mana? I've played a lot of melee builds and never had an issue before I tried this one. I'm assuming it is because of cyclone.

And yes I read what the faq said. And it's still a minor issue.
"
tripleducky wrote:
I'm enjoying this build however I am having to watch my mana more than I would like to. I'm level 79. Is this normal to need to be careful with mana? I've played a lot of melee builds and never had an issue before I tried this one. I'm assuming it is because of cyclone.

And yes I read what the faq said. And it's still a minor issue.

Than try this flask
and replace for some flask u have there
I will be happy if someone helps me.

I'm enjoying this build third league in a row, but still did not understand how to kill Guardians/Atziri/Shaper. Now i use this gears:

And this teers:

I have 3903 Armour (up to 14084 when use flask), 5694 life, 115k cyclone dps without golem and totem (up to 154k with flask, totem and golem) and 15k Molten Burst dps.

What am i doing wrong? Or i am just a noob?) All corrupted t15 maps have deathless run.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info