[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
kira1414 wrote:

"
frenzul wrote:
I was able to 5L the Bronn's that I got to drop, I just can't get worthwhile colors to roll on it after spending my 100 chromatics that I had. No worries on that though, it gives me something to work on while I try to progress and if I do somehow come up with the 10 exalted or whatever for 6L Bronns, I'll just snag that.

In the meantime, I do need an upgrade.. I think I need to buy a helmet. Mine isn't doing too much for me at the moment as far as I can tell.

Your flask will definitely need some work on. Check out the budget flask setup in post #1.

Helm wise, besides Devoto, you can also go for Starkonja if you needed that extra life.

I see that you are without Xoph's Blood. I strongly recommend you to get Avatar of Fire from the skill tree.

Also, check out the Recommended Rares and FAQ sections.

Follow the guide closely and you will have a more enjoyable journey with the build. :)

Thank you thank you.. I know, I'm trying. I just need a little currency I think.

If you have a moment, I don't understand the benefit of Xoph's Blood or at least why it's so important.
As @_Tiem said:

"Xoph's is absolutely king. It gives you 10% added life, 10% increased strength, which is about ~50 str, so 25 flat life, which gets scaled by about 200% and 10% increased melee damage, which scaled cyclone. All this on a amber amulet, so add another 30 str. It also covers the enemy in ash, that is 20% increased damage against. The reduced movement speed is great too to keep them in your cyclone and molten bursts. It also brings AoF with it, saving you about 6 nodes. That is absolutely huge. Then on top, you get an additional 10% fire pen. Xoph's just cannot be touched."
About flasks, I good a good base of flasks but i feel like bleed damage could get scary without a flask to counter it.

Here is my current flask setup as I approach starting maps. (PS. i am considering swapping quicksilver for another life flask with remove bleed since I currently don't have a problem spamming leapslam)

Last edited by pyrojkl on Jan 5, 2018, 2:03:00 PM
correct me if im wrong but i thought the molten burst is our actually singletarget dmg dealer not cyclone itself.
"
Jonamitsu wrote:

Alright thanks that's actually the next thing on my shopping list the cyclone aspd devoto's. I see the 15% aspd and 40% dmg are the same price. Which is better?

Attack speed actually pulls ahead by a tiny margin but we are talking about 0.2% so for all intents and purpose they are the same, get whichever is cheaper. If they are the same price, then I would get damage as you'll do more with less hits. Attack speed is great but it pulls head if you can get the hits in. Don't forget to scale your actual damage for a balanced build.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Fedaykenn wrote:
correct me if im wrong but i thought the molten burst is our actually singletarget dmg dealer not cyclone itself.

Negative. Cyclone brings about 85% of your total damage and it's actually single target with a small AoE. That's why we run HoA for mapping because that's what brings the improved multi-target damage and clear speeds. You're thinking about the actual skill MS which is totally different. MB may look the same but they scale very differently.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
kira1414 wrote:

Helm wise, besides Devoto, you can also go for Starkonja if you needed that extra life.

Indeed! I would say Starkonja is a better item in slot because of the life it brings, which is over 300 net. Devoto's only brings an additional 1.5% more damage, which is basically one 12% physical damage node. The large trade-off is the loss to movement speed. But if you select Kraityn and roll movement speed on your belt, you can make back half that. I run my build like that and have 51% movement speed in total which feels great mapping. Obviously having 70% would be awesome, but the amount of life Starkonja brings is too good to pass up.

Once you optimize your build, I'd definitely run Starkonja over Devoto's!
Deliver pain exquisite
PSA:

I see most of you guys are running with Elemental Focus on your Ngamahu, which gives a nice multiplicative boost to your projectiles but sadly negates the ignite effect. I would offer an alternative approach: swap out EF for Chance to Ignite. You'll lose some upfront damage, but your projectiles with ignite. The ignite damage isn't much (10%) but what's important is how ignite works.

Once the monsters are burning, any additional fire damage will be added (additive not multiplicative) to the burn as DoT. This means cyclone will actually kick off a substantial amount of DoT (sadly Uber Atziri cannot be ignited) which far exceeds the little added damage you get from EF.

Anyway, just an alternate approach.
Deliver pain exquisite
Last edited by ultratiem on Jan 5, 2018, 3:27:09 PM
"
PSA:

I see most of you guys are running with Elemental Focus on your Ngamahu, which gives a nice multiplicative boost to your projectiles but sadly negates the ignite effect. I would offer an alternative approach: swap out EF for Chance to Ignite. You'll lose some upfront damage, but your projectiles with ignite. The ignite damage isn't much (10%) but what's important is how ignite works.

Once the monsters are burning, any additional fire damage will be added (additive not multiplicative) to the burn as DoT. This means cyclone will actually kick off a substantial amount of DoT (sadly Uber Atziri cannot be ignited) which far exceeds the little added damage you get from EF.

Anyway, just an alternate approach.

So u think Chance to ignite is better than EF? If it is how it works on bosses...or if u have jewel with chance to ignite it will work with EF?
Might be a stupid questionbut, when i use avatar of fire in skill tree, wouldn't only 50% of my dmg become fire dmg? And wouldn't that be less than before avatar of fire?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info